Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2016, 11:30 AM
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
(22-06-2016 11:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 10:49 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The thing is that you still have to be, as yakherder puts it, "a killer". It's not just a video game. There are real people on the other end, and you are responsible for ending their lives. You have to be able to deal with that psychologically.

Vijay Iyer & Mike Ladd did a CD that dealt with the subject of veterans and how they dealt with the aftermath of combat (specifically in Iraq and Afghanistan). Real veterans were involved in this, one of them a female "drone pilot". The job gave her nightmares. It's a great CD, regardless of how you feel about war. Some pretty intense stuff on there.

https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Down-Vete...B00E9E4DIS

This is about the draft, if you are drafted you don't have a choice to be ready for it.

OK, but that's not really the point I was trying to make.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2016, 11:35 AM
(22-06-2016 09:46 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  What an out of touch fool. Obviously you were never in the military. Many people who were drafted had non-combat roles. Woman would serve in the capacity they are capable of serving, just like men do. Anything else is outright discrimination.

You IN NO WAY supported your claim that women were more valuable than men, Blowjob.

Non combatants are still targets and we are talking about drafting women to fight. This shouldn't be a tough concept for you to understand. Get some help.

Regarding my opinion about women. It was just that.....an opinion. I could make the argument, but I don't think it is necessary. You can't follow an argument anyways so what would the point be?
22-06-2016, 12:03 PM
(22-06-2016 11:30 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 11:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  This is about the draft, if you are drafted you don't have a choice to be ready for it.

OK, but that's not really the point I was trying to make.

I know what your point was. and I don't doubt it. Just trying to figure out why you made it.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-06-2016, 12:10 PM
(22-06-2016 11:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 10:49 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  The thing is that you still have to be, as yakherder puts it, "a killer". It's not just a video game. There are real people on the other end, and you are responsible for ending their lives. You have to be able to deal with that psychologically.

Vijay Iyer & Mike Ladd did a CD that dealt with the subject of veterans and how they dealt with the aftermath of combat (specifically in Iraq and Afghanistan). Real veterans were involved in this, one of them a female "drone pilot". The job gave her nightmares. It's a great CD, regardless of how you feel about war. Some pretty intense stuff on there.

https://www.amazon.com/Holding-Down-Vete...B00E9E4DIS

This is about the draft, if you are drafted you don't have a choice to be ready for it.
They don't drive you from the processing station to the battlefield.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-06-2016, 12:11 PM
(22-06-2016 12:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 11:30 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  OK, but that's not really the point I was trying to make.

I know what your point was. and I don't doubt it. Just trying to figure out why you made it.

Never mind. Don't want to start a fight. I'm going back to the "Tits" thread.

Tongue
22-06-2016, 12:16 PM
(22-06-2016 12:11 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 12:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  I know what your point was. and I don't doubt it. Just trying to figure out why you made it.

Never mind. Don't want to start a fight. I'm going back to the "Tits" thread.

Tongue

Not a fight, you haven't upset me. Just caught me off guard lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
22-06-2016, 12:20 PM
(22-06-2016 12:10 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 11:09 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  This is about the draft, if you are drafted you don't have a choice to be ready for it.
They don't drive you from the processing station to the battlefield.

Of course not but if your selected and fit the health bill, you are going to be forced to do something.

22-06-2016, 12:25 PM
(22-06-2016 12:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(22-06-2016 12:10 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  They don't drive you from the processing station to the battlefield.

Of course not but if your selected and fit the health bill, you are going to be forced to do something.
My second job in the USN didn't require any serious fitness level, except for being able to go without sleep.

My first one involved staying alive while people were trying to kill me. But I wasn't exceptionally fit when I started that one.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2016, 09:01 PM
That's fantastic, I hope it passes.

I don't support a draft. I think that service in the armed services should be voluntary. But if we need to draft people then we should draft people. I don't see any reason why females should not be required to register.
23-06-2016, 10:57 PM
(22-06-2016 11:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You can't follow an argument anyways so what would the point be?

Uh, you can't even make an argument. Also nobody cares who's dad you think your dad can beat up, or about the Canadian super model girlfriend who gave you a hand job over summer vacation that nobody has ever met.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]