Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2016, 11:22 AM
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
(03-02-2016 09:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:31 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Nobody told me Tongue. No commercials or mailings either.

No I can see that, it's really not advertised or anything. I only knew because I was reminded.
Well, to end my saga. I asked my friends and apparently I'm the only one who didn't do this. They said they got something in the mail when they turned 18. I'm thinking what happened was...Since I was 17 when I moved out of the house and started living at my University, if it came in the mail to my mom's house it must have gotten lost or trashed. My mom's house at that time had 9 or so people's mail being sent there, so it wouldn't be strange to lose a thing or two.

Either way, I'm too old now to have to worry about it Thumbsup.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
03-02-2016, 12:12 PM
I think no one should be required to sign up.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 3 users Like Losty's post
03-02-2016, 12:13 PM
(03-02-2016 12:12 PM)Losty Wrote:  I think no one should be required to sign up.

If I didn't sign up I would never gotten a cushy Government job. No brainer for me.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-02-2016, 02:52 PM
(03-02-2016 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  No I can see that, it's really not advertised or anything. I only knew because I was reminded.
Well, to end my saga. I asked my friends and apparently I'm the only one who didn't do this. They said they got something in the mail when they turned 18. I'm thinking what happened was...Since I was 17 when I moved out of the house and started living at my University, if it came in the mail to my mom's house it must have gotten lost or trashed. My mom's house at that time had 9 or so people's mail being sent there, so it wouldn't be strange to lose a thing or two.

It only matters on certain things like government jobs. Your previous non-registration can still be held against you for that kind of thing, but the idea of anyone prosecuting you for that is pretty much in the past. Sounds like you had a good reason not to know.
03-02-2016, 02:56 PM
(03-02-2016 09:47 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I think there should be an international rule that all men everywhere be completely eliminated from all armed services. From five star generals down to the lowly privates, from the top brass at The Pentagon down to the the office managers....all women. No men whatsoever. They've totally fucked up for thousands of years, it's time to give women a try. We might fuck up too but probably not as badly.

Right...we can just make it so only women die in wars. We'll keep things that way until the number of women who die in combat equals the numbers of men who have died in combat in US history. Because equality!
03-02-2016, 02:57 PM
(03-02-2016 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 09:37 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  No I can see that, it's really not advertised or anything. I only knew because I was reminded.

"Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2016, 03:13 PM
(03-02-2016 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, to end my saga. I asked my friends and apparently I'm the only one who didn't do this. They said they got something in the mail when they turned 18. I'm thinking what happened was...Since I was 17 when I moved out of the house and started living at my University, if it came in the mail to my mom's house it must have gotten lost or trashed. My mom's house at that time had 9 or so people's mail being sent there, so it wouldn't be strange to lose a thing or two.

"Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties."

That seems absurdly severe given that it's sign-up for something that in all probability wont ever be used...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-02-2016, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2016 03:19 PM by Adrianime.)
(03-02-2016 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, to end my saga. I asked my friends and apparently I'm the only one who didn't do this. They said they got something in the mail when they turned 18. I'm thinking what happened was...Since I was 17 when I moved out of the house and started living at my University, if it came in the mail to my mom's house it must have gotten lost or trashed. My mom's house at that time had 9 or so people's mail being sent there, so it wouldn't be strange to lose a thing or two.

Edit: Nevermind I read the page incorrectly.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
03-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I never signed up.

Because I had just gone active duty when the requirement came in -- then did seven years active duty -- so I didn't owe the three years inactive reserve after my first enlistment of four years.....

So no need....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Oh, what's this?... a letter informing me that I'm required to fight in "a war against ISIS"... *Sneaks away into TARDIS* "Human ignorance will sort its self out in time, I'm sure. Wheeeeeee! See y'all bitches in a century!"

100 years later... 10 days for me....

"Wow, that was a really neato trip to Gliese 581 c. I should do it again really soo- wait, shit... SHIT! The earth is uninhabited, covered in freshly smoldering craters, and my Geiger counter is going through the fucking roof! Dun Dun DUUUUNNN... to be continued..."

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post