Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 03:02 AM
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
(03-02-2016 12:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 12:12 PM)Losty Wrote:  I think no one should be required to sign up.

If I didn't sign up I would never gotten a cushy Government job. No brainer for me.

I got fucking cheated, then, no GS ranking for me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 07:36 AM
(03-02-2016 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  "Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties."

One thing I've never gotten about the penalties for not signing up is, we live in a day and age where everyone who is documented could just be automatically signed up. If they know to go looking for you, they could just take care of it.

The only people who would fall through the cracks would be undocumented people, and it's not like they're going to sign up, anyway.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
04-02-2016, 08:16 AM
(03-02-2016 03:19 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I never signed up.

Because I had just gone active duty when the requirement came in -- then did seven years active duty -- so I didn't owe the three years inactive reserve after my first enlistment of four years.....

So no need....

[Image: 090824Nsmprofession22.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-02-2016, 08:26 AM
(04-02-2016 07:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  "Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties."

One thing I've never gotten about the penalties for not signing up is, we live in a day and age where everyone who is documented could just be automatically signed up. If they know to go looking for you, they could just take care of it.

The only people who would fall through the cracks would be undocumented people, and it's not like they're going to sign up, anyway.

Yabut, that law was drafted way back when that was not practical - and why change something that is no longer useful? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2016, 09:01 AM
(03-02-2016 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 11:22 AM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, to end my saga. I asked my friends and apparently I'm the only one who didn't do this. They said they got something in the mail when they turned 18. I'm thinking what happened was...Since I was 17 when I moved out of the house and started living at my University, if it came in the mail to my mom's house it must have gotten lost or trashed. My mom's house at that time had 9 or so people's mail being sent there, so it wouldn't be strange to lose a thing or two.

Either way, I'm too old now to have to worry about it Thumbsup.

"Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties."

Wait a minute. Is there a reward for reporting that guy? Consider

living word
[+] 7 users Like houseofcantor's post
04-02-2016, 09:45 AM
As a Vet I say yes. They need to be held to the same physical standards as the men. If a man has to run 3 miles, do 100 sit ups and 20 pull ups, a women needs to do the same.
[+] 1 user Likes IamRonan's post
04-02-2016, 10:18 AM
(04-02-2016 09:45 AM)IamRonan Wrote:  As a Vet I say yes. They need to be held to the same physical standards as the men. If a man has to run 3 miles, do 100 sit ups and 20 pull ups, a women needs to do the same.

Whew, that lets me out. Thumbsup

I'll take my heart attack with a side of crispy bacon, now.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
04-02-2016, 10:36 AM
(04-02-2016 09:45 AM)IamRonan Wrote:  As a Vet I say yes. They need to be held to the same physical standards as the men. If a man has to run 3 miles, do 100 sit ups and 20 pull ups, a women needs to do the same.

Yes. Situps are very important for drone pilots.

... this is my signature!
[+] 3 users Like cjlr's post
04-02-2016, 11:15 AM
(04-02-2016 10:36 AM)cjlr Wrote:  

Yes. Situps are very important for drone pilots.

I agree. I don't think drone pilots need to run 3 miles very often. Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes IamRonan's post
04-02-2016, 12:23 PM
(04-02-2016 11:15 AM)IamRonan Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 10:36 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Yes. Situps are very important for drone pilots.

I agree. I don't think drone pilots need to run 3 miles very often. Hobo

I imagine there's enough competition for drone pilot positions that they probably won't be drafting people into them any time soon Tongue

'Murican Canadian