Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2016, 12:27 PM
RE: Should women be required to register for the Selective Service System ?
(04-02-2016 07:36 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(03-02-2016 02:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  "Failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term of up to five years, or a combination of both. Also, a person who knowingly counsels, aids, or abets another to fail to comply with the Act is subject to the same penalties."

One thing I've never gotten about the penalties for not signing up is, we live in a day and age where everyone who is documented could just be automatically signed up. If they know to go looking for you, they could just take care of it.

The only people who would fall through the cracks would be undocumented people, and it's not like they're going to sign up, anyway.

I don't think there is anything else on the federal level that gathers address and age information for the purpose of sending out draft notices to 100% of males between 18 and 26. In addition to the registration requirement, there is also a requirement of updating your address every time you move until you're 26. I suspect a lot of people don't do that. The purpose for this is if there is a national emergency that required immediate mobilization of a fighting force by draft, then the data would be all there at the ready to act quickly.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2016, 01:05 PM
(04-02-2016 12:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(04-02-2016 11:15 AM)IamRonan Wrote:  I agree. I don't think drone pilots need to run 3 miles very often. Hobo

I imagine there's enough competition for drone pilot positions that they probably won't be drafting people into them any time soon Tongue

Sure. And they probably won't be drafting anyone into any position any time soon.

So it's a dumb idea, but at the very least it could be an equal opportunity dumb idea.

Last I heard there was a noticeable shortage of drone crew in most forces, actually; mostly due to the massive proliferation in use, and a training pipeline that hasn't caught up. I have no idea what demand is to serve in that capacity, though.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
05-02-2016, 12:13 AM
(02-02-2016 08:02 PM)I Am Wrote:  No one should have to register.

Agreed.

That being said, is there some reason why not having a penis disqualifies one from serving their country? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
05-02-2016, 12:25 AM
(05-02-2016 12:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Agreed.

That being said, is there some reason why not having a penis disqualifies one from serving their country? Consider

Intelligence. You're signing on the dotted line to be cannon-fodder. Of course the ladies took one look at that shit and said "Nuh-uh".

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-02-2016, 01:01 AM
(05-02-2016 12:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 12:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Agreed.

Intelligence. You're signing on the dotted line to be cannon-fodder. Of course the ladies took one look at that shit and said "Nuh-uh".

But ladies can do that and still get federally backed student loans, men on the other hand have such things ransomed behind selective service.

05-02-2016, 01:38 AM
(05-02-2016 01:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 12:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Intelligence. You're signing on the dotted line to be cannon-fodder. Of course the ladies took one look at that shit and said "Nuh-uh".

But ladies can do that and still get federally backed student loans, men on the other hand have such things ransomed behind selective service.

So... waa? Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
05-02-2016, 02:17 AM
Still waiting for the first feminist to support female draft registration ....
05-02-2016, 02:24 AM
(05-02-2016 02:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Still waiting for the first feminist to support female draft registration ....

What are you waiting for? They do. Several in this thread alone do including me.

Or are you just flexing your anti-feminist muscle for our benefit in case we forgot.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
05-02-2016, 02:26 AM
(05-02-2016 02:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Still waiting for the first feminist to support female draft registration ....

Dodgy

(05-02-2016 12:13 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
Agreed.

(05-02-2016 01:01 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(05-02-2016 12:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  Intelligence. You're signing on the dotted line to be cannon-fodder. Of course the ladies took one look at that shit and said "Nuh-uh".

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
05-02-2016, 02:45 AM
(05-02-2016 02:24 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  

What are you waiting for? They do. Several in this thread alone do including me.

Or are you just flexing your anti-feminist muscle for our benefit in case we forgot.

I suppose I should have clarified -- the first well-known feminist. I know that there are plenty of fair-minded people here, of both genders, and didn't mean to offend any female members here.

For the record, I'm not anti-feminist. Not sure where you got that from ... perhaps you could link a post of mine where I state as much? I'm very much in favor of equal rights ... and responsibilities.