"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 07:26 PM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(05-09-2015 06:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 04:05 PM)mordant Wrote:  At this point (approaching 20 years of unbelief) it would be well nigh impossible for me to fake praying no matter how accommodating I wanted to be. It's dishonest and fake. I would try, I suppose, but I almost think my attempt would be worse than nothing.
Was an atheist for over 20 years.

Been an atheist going on 40 years.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 07:32 PM
(05-09-2015 04:49 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 04:05 PM)mordant Wrote:  At this point (approaching 20 years of unbelief) it would be well nigh impossible for me to fake praying no matter how accommodating I wanted to be. It's dishonest and fake. I would try, I suppose, but I almost think my attempt would be worse than nothing.

I guess that's the plus about being raised Catholic...no thought when it comes to prayer...just rote recitation.

Free form prayer mystified me when I moved to the south. I had never heard such things before...lots of 'Father Gods' and other key words and phrases like 'nourish my body'...blah, blah, blah. Although they were supposedly made up on the spot and heartfelt, after a while they even sounded scripted.

In our house, prayer was a weapon. Anything parents were unhappy about in regards to us children was offered up in prayer, at home or at church. The first was designed to warn, the second to humiliate. Example: "Father, I pray that Julep will show a more accepting spirit when she is corrected."
05-09-2015, 07:33 PM
(05-09-2015 07:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 06:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Was an atheist for over 20 years.

Pfffft. Greenhorn. Drinking Beverage

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 1 user Likes Thinkerbelle's post
05-09-2015, 07:33 PM
(05-09-2015 07:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 06:11 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Was an atheist for over 20 years.

Atheism is excusable while confused, only. One can always change with no negative effects upon acquisition of knowledge. If knowledge of God is never attained the the individual will be weighed per there works or actions. Even if one denies, after acquisition, they can still be saved anytime prior to physical death.
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
05-09-2015, 07:34 PM
Typos, Yeah!
05-09-2015, 07:47 PM
(05-09-2015 07:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Been an atheist going on 40 years.
Atheism is excusable while confused, only. One can always change with no negative effects upon acquisition of knowledge. If knowledge of God is never attained the the individual will be weighed per there works or actions. Even if one denies, after acquisition, they can still be saved anytime prior to physical death.

I am not confused, pops. You are.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-09-2015, 07:52 PM
(05-09-2015 07:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Even if one denies, after acquisition, they can still be saved anytime prior to physical death.

I have a better news. Someone still can be saved even after physical death.Thumbsup

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
[+] 3 users Like Alla's post
05-09-2015, 08:10 PM
(05-09-2015 07:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Even if one denies, after acquisition, they can still be saved anytime prior to physical death.

I have a better news. Someone still can be saved even after physical death.Thumbsup
Not too sure on that one. Maybe in some literal reincarnation, but I personally haven't seen too much on reincarnation. Technically anything is possible through God.

If humanity doesn't grasp reality and the significance of our existence then the next in line will, All though that would be a horrid atrocity, unaware of its own sin and completely void of human quality or spirit.

Our salvation and direction under God is technically for us, through God, not the other way around. If we destroy ourselves or are damned to hell or non existence it will not slow the progress of God's work at all.
05-09-2015, 08:13 PM
(05-09-2015 07:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  

That's what I'm talking about!

[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-09-2015, 08:53 PM
(05-09-2015 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have a better news. Someone still can be saved even after physical death.Thumbsup

That's what I'm talking about!

They might have an angle marketing to procrastinators. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user