"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 09:04 PM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(05-09-2015 11:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and ... Bahia

Some beg to differ:

Persecution of Bahá'ís

Quote:... the placement of Bahá'ís outside the Islamic faith. Thus Bahá'ís are seen as apostates from Islam, and, according to some Islamists, must choose between repentance and death.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 09:13 PM
(05-09-2015 09:04 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 11:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and ... Bahia

Some beg to differ:

Persecution of Bahá'ís

Quote:... the placement of Bahá'ís outside the Islamic faith. Thus Bahá'ís are seen as apostates from Islam, and, according to some Islamists, must choose between repentance and death.
Some always will.
05-09-2015, 09:39 PM
(05-09-2015 07:33 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Been an atheist going on 40 years.
Atheism is excusable while confused, only. One can always change with no negative effects upon acquisition of knowledge. If knowledge of God is never attained the the individual will be weighed per there works or actions. Even if one denies, after acquisition, they can still be saved anytime prior to physical death.

I ain't confused pops. I AM.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-09-2015, 10:47 PM
1) That isn't atheism.
2) To accept such without selfless gratitude and whole guidance to the One who showed you is but a twisted root that will be lopped off in the pruning, and straightening process.
3) The hunger for power and, or greed is wholly of the wrong direction, despite any once attained, misplaced knowledge. It is idol worship and to preach it is blasphemy. I humbly ask that you attempt to read some scripture. Please don't let greed over take you. For you may loose your way and never return home. Know that what you speak of is similar to what started the crusades, and the holocaust.

Good luck.
05-09-2015, 10:49 PM
(05-09-2015 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 07:52 PM)Alla Wrote:  I have a better news. Someone still can be saved even after physical death.Thumbsup

That's what I'm talking about!

That was one thing I was surprised at when I invited some mormons in for some conversation. They believe in a spirit world that you go to when you die before your final judgement happens or whatever. So I says, "Wait, so I can be happy as a clam as an atheist my whole life because that's what makes sense to me, then when I die if I find myself in a mysterious spirit world I get a second chance to alter my position based on this new and unexpected empirical evidence that I'm directly observing and I get a hall pass?"

Answer, "Well.....yeah".

Fucking sweet. Mormonism (besides all the racism and completely loony ideas) is actually kinda impressive in the theology department, because it's so pliable. It gets to change just as much as it needs to throughout the years as long as there's a prophet that will let the church know what god really wants the church to believe at any given point. You know what they did when it comes to the idea of the trinity? They said nah, that's crazy talk, we're throwing that idea out cus it makes no sense. Thumbsup

Then again, if you knock on enough doors during your missionary work, you get to rule your own planet of pleebs just like yahweh gets to with us here on this planet as your reward. Anyone with enough faith gets his own planet. Islam can suck it with their 72 virgins, I want a whole goddamn planet of suckas to fuck with.

Seems legit.... Consider

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
06-09-2015, 06:45 AM
(05-09-2015 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Our salvation and direction under God is technically for us, through God, not the other way around. If we destroy ourselves or are damned to hell or non existence it will not slow the progress of God's work at all.

Pops, you spew a metric fuck-ton of unsupported assertions. I'm still waiting for a single shred of evidence for any of your bilge.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-09-2015, 07:18 AM
(05-09-2015 10:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 08:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That's what I'm talking about!

That was one thing I was surprised at when I invited some mormons in for some conversation. They believe in a spirit world that you go to when you die before your final judgement happens or whatever. So I says, "Wait, so I can be happy as a clam as an atheist my whole life because that's what makes sense to me, then when I die if I find myself in a mysterious spirit world I get a second chance to alter my position based on this new and unexpected empirical evidence that I'm directly observing and I get a hall pass?"

Answer, "Well.....yeah".

Fucking sweet. Mormonism (besides all the racism and completely loony ideas) is actually kinda impressive in the theology department, because it's so pliable. It gets to change just as much as it needs to throughout the years as long as there's a prophet that will let the church know what god really wants the church to believe at any given point. You know what they did when it comes to the idea of the trinity? They said nah, that's crazy talk, we're throwing that idea out cus it makes no sense. Thumbsup

Then again, if you knock on enough doors during your missionary work, you get to rule your own planet of pleebs just like yahweh gets to with us here on this planet as your reward. Anyone with enough faith gets his own planet. Islam can suck it with their 72 virgins, I want a whole goddamn planet of suckas to fuck with.

Seems legit.... Consider

The good thing about making shit up is that you can the shit you want. Mormonism, just like scientology, are the religion who offer the greatest reward for following their teachings. Back when Christianity was a new thing, the very few to offer eternal life after death. I wonder what the next religion will offer. Godhood during your lifetime?
06-09-2015, 07:31 AM
(05-09-2015 10:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That isn't atheism.

Another expert heard from. Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
06-09-2015, 07:38 AM
(06-09-2015 06:45 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 08:10 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Our salvation and direction under God is technically for us, through God, not the other way around. If we destroy ourselves or are damned to hell or non existence it will not slow the progress of God's work at all.

Pops, you spew a metric fuck-ton of unsupported assertions. I'm still waiting for a single shred of evidence for any of your bilge.
Scripture of many sorts. Proof is yours to attain. Hope is mine to give.
06-09-2015, 07:55 AM
(06-09-2015 07:18 AM)epronovost Wrote:  ...
I wonder what the next religion will offer. Godhood during your lifetime?

Nah.

Roman Emperors did that one already. It's old.

Drinking Beverage