"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 07:58 AM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(05-09-2015 10:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  1) That isn't atheism.
2) To accept such without selfless gratitude and whole guidance to the One who showed you is but a twisted root that will be lopped off in the pruning, and straightening process.
3) The hunger for power and, or greed is wholly of the wrong direction, despite any once attained, misplaced knowledge. It is idol worship and to preach it is blasphemy. I humbly ask that you attempt to read some scripture. Please don't let greed over take you. For you may loose your way and never return home. Know that what you speak of is similar to what started the crusades, and the holocaust.

Good luck.

To whom is that remark addressed?

I've read more scripture that every Muslim and christian I know (put together) and I've read much less than most of the other people on this site.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2015, 08:06 AM
(06-09-2015 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I've read more scripture that every Muslim and christian I know (put together) and I've read much less than most of the other people on this site.

Don't Muslims memorise the Quran though? That's a bit more hectic than just reading the damn thing, and there's reading and reading. When I read I see all the flaws, when a Christee reads he/she sees all the lovely bits and glosses over the horrible shit, or doesn't even realise it's horrible (e.g. thinks that women really should be subservient and shut the hell up). A lot of my Christian friends (whom I've mostly lost touch with now) are extremely into reading scripture. They just... to them it's the best shit ever... To me it's anathema.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-09-2015, 08:18 AM
(06-09-2015 08:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  ...
thinks that women really should be subservient and shut the hell up).

You say that like it's a bad thing. Ohmy

Most Muslims I know have not read their books or if they have they've done so, as you say, without criticism. It depends on how passionate their parents were.

Also it's read in Arabic and many don't learn the language they just repeat the sounds.

I remember doing that when I was supposed to be learning French.

I suspect that's a deliberate ploy; a bit like the ages long resistance to translating the bible into English.

06-09-2015, 08:24 AM
(06-09-2015 07:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 10:47 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  1) That isn't atheism.
2) To accept such without selfless gratitude and whole guidance to the One who showed you is but a twisted root that will be lopped off in the pruning, and straightening process.
3) The hunger for power and, or greed is wholly of the wrong direction, despite any once attained, misplaced knowledge. It is idol worship and to preach it is blasphemy. I humbly ask that you attempt to read some scripture. Please don't let greed over take you. For you may loose your way and never return home. Know that what you speak of is similar to what started the crusades, and the holocaust.

Good luck.

To whom is that remark addressed?

I've read more scripture that every Muslim and christian I know (put together) and I've read much less than most of the other people on this site.

Dodgy
It was directed towards any who feel they have some God given knowledge yet are lost in selfish gain.
06-09-2015, 08:37 AM
(06-09-2015 08:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
It was directed towards any who feel they have some God given knowledge yet are lost in selfish gain.

Ah, ok, thanks. So you were directing it at the theists.

You know there's only about a handful of those here, right?

How selfish they are? I dunno. I guess we can ask them.

Undecided

06-09-2015, 08:38 AM
(06-09-2015 08:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 08:24 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...

Ah, ok, thanks. So you were directing it at the theists.

Undecided
Since everything is of God I was pertaining to atheists, and theists. Thanks.
06-09-2015, 08:57 AM
(06-09-2015 08:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 08:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Ah, ok, thanks. So you were directing it at the theists.

Undecided
Since everything is of God I was pertaining to atheists, and theists. Thanks.

Small fly in your ointment, sunshine... no atheist is ever going to "feel they have some God given knowledge".

Unless you're defining 'god' as Wikipedia?

Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
06-09-2015, 09:31 AM
(06-09-2015 07:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 06:45 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Pops, you spew a metric fuck-ton of unsupported assertions. I'm still waiting for a single shred of evidence for any of your bilge.
Scripture of many sorts. Proof is yours to attain. Hope is mine to give.

That's not how it works. There is either proof or there isn't. If you have any, present it. If you don't then you should understand that your claims carry no more weight than any other self-deluded individual who can't distinguish fact from fantasy.

Face it Pops, you have woven a web of ignorance and self-deception and you wallow in it like a pig in shit.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
06-09-2015, 11:18 AM
(06-09-2015 09:31 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 07:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Scripture of many sorts. Proof is yours to attain. Hope is mine to give.

That's not how it works. There is either proof or there isn't. If you have any, present it. If you don't then you should understand that your claims carry no more weight than any other self-deluded individual who can't distinguish fact from fantasy.

Face it Pops, you have woven a web of ignorance and self-deception and you wallow in it like a pig in shit.

.......then flings it all over our clean living space. Dodgy

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
06-09-2015, 11:52 AM
(06-09-2015 11:18 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:31 AM)unfogged Wrote:  That's not how it works. There is either proof or there isn't. If you have any, present it. If you don't then you should understand that your claims carry no more weight than any other self-deluded individual who can't distinguish fact from fantasy.

.......then flings it all over our clean living space. Dodgy
Science can't even prove the existence of anything not material, so how and why do you expect it to prove something. Proof is evedint in all existence. The proof of positive change is aparent in everything dem music and tv to everyday acquaintances. Who are you to tell another what way proof must be shown. It is you that refuses to see, not I whom refuses to show. Your negativity is proof of your hardened heart. The light of God is proven to those who are actually aware that they don't know anything, including a means to know without guidance and thanks and giving.
Thanks.

As far as slinging shit is concerned; I strive daily to clean man's mess while not adding to it.