"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 11:59 AM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(06-09-2015 11:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  As far as slinging shit is concerned; I strive daily to clean man's mess while not adding to it.

Try harder.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
06-09-2015, 11:59 AM
(06-09-2015 11:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science can't even prove the existence of anything not material

Because nothing immaterial exists.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
06-09-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 12:49 PM by unfogged.)
(06-09-2015 11:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Science can't even prove the existence of anything not material, so how and why do you expect it to prove something.

Why the fuck would you believe something for which there is no evidence? I can understand wishing something were true but to go around claiming that it is just makes you look like a fool.

Quote: Proof is evedint in all existence.

No, "all existence" is proof of all existence, not your imagined reason behind it. You can make up any shit you want, believe it on faith, and then claim that it is The Truth™. Without evidence that supports your assertions you have nothing.

Quote: The proof of positive change is aparent in everything dem music and tv to everyday acquaintances.

That was incoherent even for you.

Quote: Who are you to tell another what way proof must be shown.

Someone who understands at least the basic principles of logic. You should try it sometime.

Quote: It is you that refuses to see, not I whom refuses to show.

What exactly have you shown? Making wild, unsupported claims is not the same as showing anything. All you have done since you got here is to spout nonsense. I am quite open to anything for which there is evidence. I do refuse to accept the inane ravings of somebody appears to need some serious help.

Quote:Your negativity is proof of your hardened heart.

Laughat

Quote: The light of God is proven to those who are actually aware that they don't know anything, including a means to know without guidance and thanks and giving.

Well, you are evidence that there are people who don't know anything so I'll give you that. The idea that you have a "means to know" without actual evidence is simply ludicrous. You are living in a fantasy world and you have the potential to harm others by convincing them to follow your complete and utter bullshit.

Quote:Thanks.

Your phony piety is also obvious.

Quote:As far as slinging shit is concerned; I strive daily to clean man's mess while not adding to it.

You are failing. Badly.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
06-09-2015, 12:47 PM
I revisited this thread only to see why on earth, a seemingly simple topic that should have dropped off after just a few pages, exploded into a "thing"....

Then I saw Pops jumped into it. Facepalm And has made it about something else.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2015, 12:51 PM
(06-09-2015 12:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I revisited this thread only to see why on earth, a seemingly simple topic that should have dropped off after just a few pages, exploded into a "thing"....

Kind of belies the whole "I strive daily to clean man's mess while not adding to it" thing, doesn't it?

[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
06-09-2015, 01:25 PM
Unfogged,

You sure like to pretend you are dense. I have proof. It is mine alone. You can attain your own proof, or continue to be negative. I have to only bring good messages and warnings.

That's most likely a big part of your problem. I care not what others think of me, at all. I know were I stand under God. The what nonbelievers assume or associate with me is literally irelevent. I don't wish anything that I state on these forums other than wishing some the very best at times. Generally, the things that I speak of that you consider wishful thinking are completely factual to the point that I would thankfully die for what I know and God's cause. You keep saying I'm lying, or manipulating. We will see in the end, won't we?

All existence came from one source. That being said; the sources existence is apparent through existence. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Just wait and see. I wait with you.

You are who has nothing. Correction, will have nothing upon physical death. All your negative smearing of the good or God will be brought to judge you. What will your smartassed excuse be then? That you followed the rest of the sheople? You know that's not gonna cut it right? I personally have made sure of that through the months of attempted explanation upon your hateful ears and eyes. It's a good thing you only believe in the material. Your final end shouldn't be too much r a suprise to you. The torment may be something new though.

Not dem, was supposed to say from. I bet you fought hell in school, unless your just playing dumb again.

Your closed minded following of things and ideals that you do not fully understand may be your downfall.

Every one of my " wild, unsupported claims" are verified and proven through scripture. It is a shame that you base the very acquisition of knowledge on a partial system that only somewhat explains anything.

You're pretty funny. Tell me; what simple obvious things do I not know oh wise sir? For once, why don't you enlighten me. Keep in mind that you said I know not so you should be able to keep it painfully simple and I shouldn't have a clue as to the correct conclusion.

There is nothing phoney about me. Including thanks for opportunities.

Perhaps, in your eyes I am failing, but more likely, your whiny childish outbursts are more so due to the opposite of my failure.

Thank you again, for the opportunity. Really it isn't you I'm thanking though, so don't think I'm being fake, just thankful. I eagerly await your level headed, composed, productive response.
06-09-2015, 01:29 PM
I have stayed on topic with everyone. I go off topic when someone directly asks or responds to me. My answering others posts directed to me is the effect not the cause. You got is backwards, again.
06-09-2015, 01:45 PM
(06-09-2015 11:52 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I strive daily to clean man's mess while not adding to it.

You suck at the second bit

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
06-09-2015, 02:00 PM
(06-09-2015 01:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Unfogged,

You sure like to pretend you are dense. I have proof. It is mine alone. You can attain your own proof, or continue to be negative.

Sorry pops, but it is you that doesn't get it. Proof that is "yours alone" is of no value because nobody else can evaluate it. Unless and until you can direct somebody else to evidence for your claims you have nothing. zilch. nada. That isn't being negative, it is simply reality.

Quote: I have to only bring good messages and warnings.

Warnings of imaginary dangers? Right.

Quote:That's most likely a big part of your problem. I care not what others think of me, at all. I know were I stand under God. The what nonbelievers assume or associate with me is literally irelevent. I don't wish anything that I state on these forums other than wishing some the very best at times. Generally, the things that I speak of that you consider wishful thinking are completely factual to the point that I would thankfully die for what I know and God's cause. You keep saying I'm lying, or manipulating. We will see in the end, won't we?

I'm not saying that you are lying or manipulating, I am saying that as far as I can tell you are delusional. You can't say that something is completely factual but that the proof is yours alone and expect to be taken seriously. All I am asking for is evidence that any of your beliefs are true.

Quote:All existence came from one source. That being said; the sources existence is apparent through existence. I wouldn't expect you to understand. Just wait and see. I wait with you.

Prove that all existence came from one source. You can't. You may believe that but it is irrational to do so unless you have evidence for it. That is what I am waiting for.

Quote:You are who has nothing. Correction, will have nothing upon physical death. All your negative smearing of the good or God will be brought to judge you. What will your smartassed excuse be then? That you followed the rest of the sheople? You know that's not gonna cut it right? I personally have made sure of that through the months of attempted explanation upon your hateful ears and eyes. It's a good thing you only believe in the material. Your final end shouldn't be too much r a suprise to you. The torment may be something new though.

And we're back to gloating over the expected torture that I will have to endure because I didn't buy into your little fantasies. That is pathetic. You're a small, nasty, ignorant, deluded fool at best.

Quote:Not dem, was supposed to say from. I bet you fought hell in school, unless your just playing dumb again.

No, I have never "fought hell"... or even "caught hell" if that's what you meant. Your English deteriorates quickly when you get angry. Perhaps you also need some anger management. Regardless, even with that correction it is the same problem; music, TV, and acquaintances aren't evidence for your claims unless you can show a direct link and explain why they aren't evidence for any other belief.

Quote:Your closed minded following of things and ideals that you do not fully understand may be your downfall.

Requiring reasons to believe anything is not being close-minded. It is a much saner way to go through life than simply accepting whatever feels good as you appear to do.

Quote:Every one of my " wild, unsupported claims" are verified and proven through scripture. It is a shame that you base the very acquisition of knowledge on a partial system that only somewhat explains anything.

"Scripture" is a collection of writings by primitive peoples trying to understand the world around them. They got a few things right and they got many things wrong. The shame is that anybody would discount thousands of years of learning for ancient texts that claim many things but actually explain nothing.

Quote:You're pretty funny. Tell me; what simple obvious things do I not know oh wise sir? For once, why don't you enlighten me. Keep in mind that you said I know not so you should be able to keep it painfully simple and I shouldn't have a clue as to the correct conclusion.

I was commenting on your claims to "know" that there is any sort of afterlife, or that there is only one "god" or any of the other drivel you've been putting out. You may believe it all but you don't "know" any of it. Prove me wrong by providing evidence for any of your claims.

Quote:There is nothing phoney about me. Including thanks for opportunities.

If that's true then more's the pity.

Quote:Perhaps, in your eyes I am failing, but more likely, your whiny childish outbursts are more so due to the opposite of my failure.

It seems to me that the whiny, childish outbursts have been yours. You haven't done one of them lately although your early posts did. It leads me to still suspect that you are a poe although the varied personalities you display may just be another sign that you need serious help.

Quote:Thank you again, for the opportunity. Really it isn't you I'm thanking though, so don't think I'm being fake, just thankful. I eagerly await your level headed, composed, productive response.

Get help. Until you do there is no point in attempting to treat you as a rational person. I really do feel very sorry for you.

[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
06-09-2015, 02:09 PM
(06-09-2015 12:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I revisited this thread only to see why on earth, a seemingly simple topic that should have dropped off after just a few pages, exploded into a "thing"....

He's fulfilling his purpose. Unlike those dingbats who regularly fall under the banhammer, my read on pops is that he possesses the pure and simple faith. And he generally avoids assholery. Thumbsup

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post