"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 02:11 PM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(06-09-2015 01:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have proof. It is mine alone.

Proof is proof no matter who you are. If it isn't, it's not proof.

(06-09-2015 01:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All existence came from one source. That being said; the sources existence is apparent through existence.

No, it isn't.

(06-09-2015 01:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Every one of my " wild, unsupported claims" are verified and proven through scripture.

That isn't what "proven" means.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
06-09-2015, 02:14 PM
(06-09-2015 02:11 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 01:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I have proof. It is mine alone.

Proof is proof no matter who you are. If it isn't, it's not proof.

(06-09-2015 01:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  All existence came from one source. That being said; the sources existence is apparent through existence.

No, it isn't.

(06-09-2015 01:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Every one of my " wild, unsupported claims" are verified and proven through scripture.

That isn't what "proven" means.
To each, his own I suppose. Good luck.
06-09-2015, 02:16 PM
(06-09-2015 02:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To each, his own I suppose. Good luck.

Laugh out load That's your "proof"?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-09-2015, 02:17 PM
(06-09-2015 02:09 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And he generally avoids assholery. Thumbsup

Lies

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
06-09-2015, 02:28 PM
(06-09-2015 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 02:09 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  And he generally avoids assholery. Thumbsup

Lies

Someone needs a hug. Hug

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
06-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Proof doesn't have to be physical or disectable, or capturable. Tell me; can you literally capture and use a bolt of lightning, or a gust of wind without it literally changing form? In some ways lightning, wind, and thought, and mortality are not physical. For you to attempt to explain them away as such is silly and irresponsable. For you to extend this off process as far as to say anything isn't possible through the unexplainable circumstances that we totally understand is fn ludacris.

However, can you discern and even apply the energy from said events effectivly proving energy or force, or existence?

Does it not back up to atmosphere which backs to the earth who's atmosphere is indeed quite rare? Let's go further back still in evolution as a whole or existince that was created over time by God. Backing up any further leads directly into mass and gravity. Everything that happened in order for us to happen is based on infinite possibility, but also very unique significance. We are a product of the Universe, and a very rare, potent, uniquely free, opportunity it is.

We were poised to set here on this day roughly 6billion years ago. Give or take for cooling/ slowing and dialation/speeding of expansion at an eventual exponential rate. That's pretty friggin miraculous to me.

Maybe complete unison of completely different religions that secretely to them selves don't know they are the same is a coincidence to you, or lies to another, but to me it is plain as day.
For my very piece in this puzzle and others to be shown to me through scripture and Christ under God may sound kuckoo to you. But I have played in the fire for years, and have rested with naught in the past. As a result I can easily discern Good from bad.

Many things will not simply unfold because it is your will. That doesn't make these things impossible. Only inobservable to a third party in some cases. I literally have undeniable proof from one perspective. And it is and will be called complete Bs from some, if not most for a point. For some this point will go until their end.

To say that proof is only legitimate through our limited scientific understanding is just nonsense.
06-09-2015, 03:02 PM
(06-09-2015 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Lies
I try pretty hard not to be a prick even in defense or hindsight.
06-09-2015, 03:04 PM
(06-09-2015 02:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To say that proof is only legitimate through our limited scientific understanding is just nonsense.

Incorrect. Science provides a methodology that is useful through repetition.

For encounters with those infused with Holy Spirit, I was never more inclined to believe in their god; however they were more inclined to believe in my Gwynnies. See the problem there?

06-09-2015, 03:06 PM
(06-09-2015 03:02 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 02:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  Lies
I try pretty hard not to be a prick even in defense or hindsight.

You're at an unfair disadvantage, but it does highlight our problems in the greater society.

06-09-2015, 03:08 PM
(06-09-2015 02:14 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  To each, his own I suppose. Good luck.

That is in no way a response to what I said. Not that I was expecting one, but still.

You do not have proof, popsthebuilder. You do not even have evidence. You have belief, and nothing else - and they are not the same thing, no matter how much you wish that they were.

(06-09-2015 02:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Proof doesn't have to be physical or disectable, or capturable.

It rather does. Presuming, that is, that all the terms you just applied add up to "it needs to be measurable and demonstrable".

(06-09-2015 02:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Tell me; can you literally capture and use a bolt of lightning, or a gust of wind without it literally changing form?

"Without it changing form" is a nonsense weasel-phrase. Shifting the goalposts gets you nowhere.

We can, have, and do measure both gusts of wind and lightning in pretty much any way you care to name on a regular basis. The entire field of meteorology is based on it, in fact.

(06-09-2015 02:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  In some ways lightning, wind, and thought, and mortality are not physical.

Lightning, wind, and thought are entirely physical. Mortality is an abstract concept.

(06-09-2015 02:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  For you to attempt to explain them away as such is silly and irresponsable.

You can say that, but that doesn't make it true.

(06-09-2015 02:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  However, can you discern and even apply the energy from said events effectivly proving energy or force, or existence?

Yes.

(06-09-2015 02:57 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Does it not back up to atmosphere which backs to the earth who's atmosphere is indeed quite rare? Let's go further back still in evolution as a whole or existince that was created over time by God. Backing up any further leads directly into mass and gravity. Everything that happened in order for us to happen is based on infinite possibility, but also very unique significance. We are a product of the Universe, and a very rare, potent, uniquely free, opportunity it is.

We were poised to set here on this day roughly 6billion years ago. Give or take for cooling/ slowing and dialation/speeding of expansion at an eventual exponential rate. That's pretty friggin miraculous to me.

Maybe complete unison of completely different religions that secretely to them selves don't know they are the same is a coincidence to you, or lies to another, but to me it is plain as day.
For my very piece in this puzzle and others to be shown to me through scripture and Christ under God may sound kuckoo to you. But I have played in the fire for years, and have rested with naught in the past. As a result I can easily discern Good from bad.

Many things will not simply unfold because it is your will. That doesn't make these things impossible. Only inobservable to a third party in some cases. I literally have undeniable proof from one perspective. And it is and will be called complete Bs from some, if not most for a point. For some this point will go until their end.

To say that proof is only legitimate through our limited scientific understanding is just nonsense.

This is word salad.

And still not proof.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post