"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(06-09-2015 07:20 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No Ass, what you don't get is that everything isn't specifically physical and therefore cannot be accurately described or testified to in strict, physical or material terms.

You have yet to present an example of something that can't.

(06-09-2015 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is only some anger or greed that keeps you from accepting the mere possibility of God.

No, it's the fact that the concept is rather silly, incoherent, and unsupported.

Anger is unnecessary. Rationality suffices.
Wasn't saying you personally were angry. Guilty conscience?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 07:50 PM
(06-09-2015 07:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wasn't saying you personally were angry. Guilty conscience?

(06-09-2015 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It is only some anger or greed that keeps you from accepting the mere possibility of God.

You have an odd way of expressing yourself.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 3 users Like Unbeliever's post
06-09-2015, 08:04 PM
(06-09-2015 07:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 07:41 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Wasn't saying you personally were angry. Guilty conscience?

You have an odd way of expressing yourself.
Oh shit. My bad. Thought I addressed that to someone in particular, and not you. Sorry.
06-09-2015, 09:48 PM
(06-09-2015 08:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 07:50 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  You have an odd way of expressing yourself.
Oh shit. My bad. Thought I addressed that to someone in particular, and not you. Sorry.

Pops, you are making baby Jesus cry with your negative comments Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
06-09-2015, 09:56 PM
(06-09-2015 09:48 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 08:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh shit. My bad. Thought I addressed that to someone in particular, and not you. Sorry.

Pops, you are making baby Jesus cry with your negative comments Tongue

He makes baby Jesus cry each time he posts. Blink

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-09-2015, 09:57 PM
(06-09-2015 08:04 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Oh shit. My bad. Thought I addressed that to someone in particular, and not you. Sorry.

Given your generally insulting attitude and incoherent, rambling responses, you will forgive me for assuming that a post addressed simply to "Ass", and posted after one of my own, was addressed at me.

I understand the desire to be understood, but you have to meet me halfway here.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
07-09-2015, 12:25 AM
(06-09-2015 09:57 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  

Given your generally insulting attitude and incoherent, rambling responses, you will forgive me for assuming that a post addressed simply to "Ass", and posted after one of my own, was addressed at me.

I understand the desire to be understood, but you have to meet me halfway here.

He apparently tries really hard not to be a dick... Reaaaally hard. Geddit?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-09-2015, 01:03 AM
(04-09-2015 09:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 09:12 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I think it depends on the person. Some people might pray for pain relief, for a miracle cure, for God to watch over them etc.
I think most religious, regardless of faith, upon their deathbed may be scared. The prayer that ask for would most likely be for forgiveness, ease of torment, and guidance, or safe passage into the hereafter and to God. They would most likely recollect past negativity and be worried about the implications of hell. They might be attempting to repent for past sins with honesty in hopes of gaining access to a peaceful eternity.

Just speculation though, really.

The problem with that is its just argumentum ad baculum and is doing far more harm then you theists think it is helping. It is telling that atheist that they are "broken" or lost or whatever words you want to put down there while what we really just need is not prayers, but just to have everyone around ya and for them to assure you that because you were alive, their lives were filled with happiness and that they won't forget ya when your gone.

Now for the other way around, it just really depends on the person. Some would, others wouldn't. The dying person should know what your stance is and if they know then they won't ask. You should just be there for them and let em know how valuable they were to everyones lives.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
07-09-2015, 05:07 AM
(06-09-2015 07:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  No Ass, what you don't get is that everything isn't specifically physical and therefore cannot be accurately described or testified to in strict, physical or material terms. This pertains to the four dimensions. How can you say that there are but four because that's all we perceive? Even if there where but four our limited understanding of the fourth is of such that literally allows for all I say under God. It is only some anger or greed that keeps you from accepting the mere possibility of God. Let alone all the signs and support from diverse positions, including science, and truthful self.

Still no one answers anything and accomplishes nothing in favor of misplaced pride.

Sorry you can't read correctly. I already answered that as the guote supports exactly what I initially stated.

Perhaps you aren't aware, but it the first few items that are pulled on a web search may be paid for, henceforth bought. Biased for you silly fuckers.
It's amazing how some are exactly how you are supposed to be.

Thanks.
Good luck, really.

"Perhaps you aren't aware, but it the first few items that are pulled on a web search may be paid for, henceforth bought. Biased for you silly fuckers."

Are you asserting that the links to sponsored sites at the top of a web search are some kind of atheist plot?
07-09-2015, 05:17 AM
(07-09-2015 05:07 AM)julep Wrote:  Are you asserting that the links to sponsored sites at the top of a web search are some kind of atheist plot?

You can't prove that they're not, ergo... by theist logic, it follows. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post