"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2015, 09:30 AM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(07-09-2015 09:17 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  MattB, I'm done. Sorry for messing up your thread. Pray or no. Try to be peaceful and respectful regardless of outside, worldly influences. The case of a dying Christian that may or may not be comfortable with their situation is an extenuating circumstance and should be dealt with with extra respect and compassion. Likewise if the roles are reversed. Thanks. Again, sorry.

You don't get to pull that card now, mate.

Do you have a response to my latest?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2015, 09:46 AM
(07-09-2015 08:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I will accept being wrong when it is aparent. Plasma isn't physical.

Plasma is entirely physical.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
07-09-2015, 10:45 AM
(07-09-2015 08:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I will accept being wrong when it is aparent.

It is apparent to everybody else.

Quote:Plasma isn't physical. It changes the physical like fire. Of course it can be described by the chemical changes that cause physical changes but that doesn't really make plasma physical.

Plasma is a physical state of matter like solid, liquid, or gas.

(07-09-2015 08:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I attest plasma is not a solid, liquid, or gas.

That is true enough but solid, liquid, and gas are not all-encompassing so saying it isn't any of those is not the same as saying it isn't physical. Plasma is another possible state.

Quote:It indeed is not accurately described by the physical properties alone.

Yes, it is.

"Plasma (from Greek πλάσμα, "anything formed") is one of the four fundamental states of matter, the others being solid, liquid, and gas. A plasma has properties unlike those of the other states."

Let the equivocation begin...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
07-09-2015, 10:52 AM
(07-09-2015 10:45 AM)unfogged Wrote:  "Plasma (from Greek πλάσμα, "anything formed") is one of the four fundamental states of matter, the others being solid, liquid, and gas. A plasma has properties unlike those of the other states."

Yes, although there are many more than four states of matter; degenerate states, condensates, sub-atomic plasmas...

You are, of course, much less likely to encounter those in your day to day life.
Tongue

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
07-09-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2015 01:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-09-2015 08:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I will accept being wrong when it is aparent. Plasma isn't physical. It changes the physical like fire. Of course it can be described by the chemical changes that cause physical changes but that doesn't really make plasma physical.
(07-09-2015 08:34 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I attest plasma is not a solid, liquid, or gas. It indeed is not accurately described by the physical properties alone.

Oh, for the love of God. There are 5 classical physical states of matter: solid, liquid, gas, plasma and colloids. And more than a dozen more modern ones.

Fucking idiots can't google shit themselves instead of embarrassing themselves in front of everyone.

(07-09-2015 08:44 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  If you want to speak of me then know what you are saying please. Easy? No.

I just did. You're not making it hard. .... fucking idiot.

EDIT: Oops, looks like I was late to the party.

#sigh
07-09-2015, 01:04 PM
(05-09-2015 08:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 08:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Must be American. Laugh out load

Empirical might be the adjective you're looking for. Wink
It's really not. Thanks for the attempted clarification though.

I'm still wanting to know what an imperialistic fact is. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-09-2015, 01:16 PM
(07-09-2015 01:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 08:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's really not. Thanks for the attempted clarification though.

I think it's something like papal authority.

#sigh
07-09-2015, 01:38 PM
(07-09-2015 01:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 08:42 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  It's really not. Thanks for the attempted clarification though.

I'd forgotten about that one. I'd like to know as well.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
09-09-2015, 12:50 PM
(06-09-2015 08:57 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 08:38 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Since everything is of God I was pertaining to atheists, and theists. Thanks.

Small fly in your ointment, sunshine... no atheist is ever going to "feel they have some God given knowledge".

Unless you're defining 'god' as Wikipedia?

Laugh out load
Pretty sure one of you stated " I'm not confused. I AM which is out of the Old Testament which is a religious book.
09-09-2015, 01:34 PM
Well, just close your hands and pretend to pay, no need to crush gherhope in her last moments.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....