"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 07:21 AM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(05-09-2015 07:20 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 06:43 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Cool. I'll assume stupidity due to your lack of knowledge on any subject.
Cool. You keep assuming things while I keep learning them. Good luck.
Assumes facts not in evidence, your Honor. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Assumes facts are only imperialistic in nature, Sir.
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2015, 08:04 AM
(05-09-2015 07:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Assumes facts are only imperialistic in nature, Sir.

Another bit of nonsense from you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
05-09-2015, 08:05 AM
(05-09-2015 07:59 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Assumes facts are only imperialistic in nature, Sir.

Must be American. Laugh out load

Empirical might be the adjective you're looking for. Wink

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-09-2015, 08:42 AM
(05-09-2015 08:05 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

Must be American. Laugh out load

Empirical might be the adjective you're looking for. Wink
It's really not. Thanks for the attempted clarification though.
05-09-2015, 10:55 AM
(04-09-2015 07:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(03-09-2015 09:30 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I think I would not pray. While it may seem dickish to some being honest with myself matters to me more.
But if you really, wholeheartedly, feel that there is no God then where would your folly be in helping someone else in their time of need?

But if you really, wholeheartedly, feel that there is one biblical/christian/jezus type God then where would your folly be in praying to Allah to make your Muslim friend feel better? Would you do it? Even to help someone else in their time of need?

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
05-09-2015, 11:22 AM
(05-09-2015 10:55 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  
(04-09-2015 07:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  But if you really, wholeheartedly, feel that there is no God then where would your folly be in helping someone else in their time of need?

But if you really, wholeheartedly, feel that there is one biblical/christian/jezus type God then where would your folly be in praying to Allah to make your Muslim friend feel better? Would you do it? Even to help someone else in their time of need?
Awesome question. The fact is that the One God is the same for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All refer to the same one all encompassing Creator God. Allah literally translates to God. The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and Judaism and Bahia and even a variant or differently worded description of Hinduism and traditional native American beliefs. Thanks.
05-09-2015, 11:23 AM
What I was trying to say is there would be no folly to speak of.
05-09-2015, 11:43 AM
(05-09-2015 11:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 10:55 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  But if you really, wholeheartedly, feel that there is one biblical/christian/jezus type God then where would your folly be in praying to Allah to make your Muslim friend feel better? Would you do it? Even to help someone else in their time of need?
Awesome question. The fact is that the One God is the same for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All refer to the same one all encompassing Creator God. Allah literally translates to God. The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and Judaism and Bahia and even a variant or differently worded description of Hinduism and traditional native American beliefs. Thanks.

Would you pray to the FSM if we asked you to?

If you prayed to a Hindu god as a Christian/Jew, God would smite you according to several passages in the Bible. He has zero tolerance for other religions and anything that is not His specific Word.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
05-09-2015, 12:37 PM
Ideology of Hinduism can be traced to a single creator God. The same one creator of all monotheistic religions. To worship anything other than God is definately wrong. To be honest my understanding of Hinduism is limited and due to that I would not pray to the Creator using Hindi termanolagy until further understanding and confirmation that they are indeed referring to the one creator God. I'm nearly certain, however, idol worship and blasphemy are things I would prefer to be sure of prior to committing them. They may deny an Abrahamic Lord but there entire view is different and yet goes back to a single creator.