"Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 12:41 PM
RE: "Should you push aside your atheism for a few moments?"
(05-09-2015 12:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ideology of Hinduism can be traced to a single creator God. The same one creator of all monotheistic religions. To worship anything other than God is definately wrong. To be honest my understanding of Hinduism is limited and due to that I would not pray to the Creator using Hindi termanolagy until further understanding and confirmation that they are indeed referring to the one creator God. I'm nearly certain, however, idol worship and blasphemy are things I would prefer to be sure of prior to committing them. They may deny an Abrahamic Lord but there entire view is different and yet goes back to a single creator.

If this was true in God's eyes--then he would not have passages like this in his book:

You shall not have other gods beside me. You shall not make for yourself an idol or a likeness of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth; you shall not bow down before them or serve them. For I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishment for their ancestors’ wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation; but showing love down to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-09-2015, 12:48 PM
(05-09-2015 12:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 12:37 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Ideology of Hinduism can be traced to a single creator God. The same one creator of all monotheistic religions. To worship anything other than God is definately wrong. To be honest my understanding of Hinduism is limited and due to that I would not pray to the Creator using Hindi termanolagy until further understanding and confirmation that they are indeed referring to the one creator God. I'm nearly certain, however, idol worship and blasphemy are things I would prefer to be sure of prior to committing them. They may deny an Abrahamic Lord but there entire view is different and yet goes back to a single creator.

If this was true in God's eyes--then he would not have passages like this in his book:

You shall not have other gods beside me. You shall not make for yourself an idol or a likeness of anything in the heavens above or on the earth below or in the waters beneath the earth; you shall not bow down before them or serve them. For I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishment for their ancestors’ wickedness on the children of those who hate me, down to the third and fourth generation; but showing love down to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments. (Exodus 20)
That is for idol worshipping and worshiping multiple gods. I wouldn't do that. Paganism and greed aren't the same as the One Creator regardless of what what other name religions may use for it. There is only One. It has many names which are irrelevant. YHWH seems to reference the One GOD as Yahweh seams to reference God through man under God.
05-09-2015, 01:02 PM
(05-09-2015 12:48 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 12:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  If this was true in God's eyes--then he would not have passages like this in his book:

That is for idol worshipping and worshiping multiple gods. I wouldn't do that. Paganism and greed aren't the same as the One Creator regardless of what what other name religions may use for it. There is only One. It has many names which are irrelevant. YHWH seems to reference the One GOD as Yahweh seams to reference God through man under God.

But saying prayers from other religions that were meant for other gods would be a direct violation of one of God's commandments.
05-09-2015, 01:43 PM
I would advise each individual to pray in a fashion that feels right to them. As long as it is not selfish, and is in the general direction of the One Creator with thanks and suplication and in regards to only peaceful and good happenings then your good.
05-09-2015, 01:48 PM
(05-09-2015 11:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 10:55 AM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  But if you really, wholeheartedly, feel that there is one biblical/christian/jezus type God then where would your folly be in praying to Allah to make your Muslim friend feel better? Would you do it? Even to help someone else in their time of need?
Awesome question. The fact is that the One God is the same for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All refer to the same one all encompassing Creator God. Allah literally translates to God. The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and Judaism and Bahia and even a variant or differently worded description of Hinduism and traditional native American beliefs. Thanks.

Quote:The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and Judaism....

There's quite a few Jews and Muslims who'd beg to differ with you.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
05-09-2015, 01:53 PM
I would almost go as far as to say that praising a lesser God or Angel, or spirit, or force, is okay as long as the thing is good and acknowledgement is made that it is indeed under and of the One Creator. Praise isn't worship though, it is thanks.

Sorry, thought I was done.

Thanks.
05-09-2015, 01:55 PM
(05-09-2015 01:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would almost go as far as to say that praising a lesser God or Angel, or spirit, or force, is okay as long as the thing is good and acknowledgement is made that it is indeed under and of the One Creator. Praise isn't worship though, it is thanks.

Thanks.

Praising other gods is worship.
05-09-2015, 01:58 PM
Pops--It sounds like you like to make up your own beliefs or tweak them as they suit you. But if you are trying to live by the Bible--some of your statements are at odds with its teaching. Just saying.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
05-09-2015, 02:00 PM
(05-09-2015 01:48 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 11:22 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Awesome question. The fact is that the One God is the same for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. All refer to the same one all encompassing Creator God. Allah literally translates to God. The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and Judaism and Bahia and even a variant or differently worded description of Hinduism and traditional native American beliefs. Thanks.

Quote:The teachings of the Crist align perfectly with Islam and Judaism....

There's quite a few Jews and Muslims who'd beg to differ with you.
And Christians. However, it is written and prophesied in the core scriptures of all three. There will be unity of true Faith. There are twelve schools or churches or candles. They will unite, or man will fall.
05-09-2015, 02:03 PM
(05-09-2015 01:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 01:53 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I would almost go as far as to say that praising a lesser God or Angel, or spirit, or force, is okay as long as the thing is good and acknowledgement is made that it is indeed under and of the One Creator. Praise isn't worship though, it is thanks.

Thanks.

Praising other gods is worship.
I can praise a gust of wind on a hot day and understand that God ultimately was responsible, and be thankful to him or it.