Shouldn't Satan be the guy we worship?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2014, 01:28 AM
Shouldn't Satan be the guy we worship?
Just a funny thought but....
http://www.daltonator.net/durandal/religion/satan.shtml

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FKn4rKXEY

God has killed more people in all of literature. He has performed more crimes against life and our kind than anything else combined. Christians logic is that nothing in the universe happens without gods will so every disease and disaster and accident and cause of a death, damage, or bad happening is the result of god and god only.

Satan gave humanity both self awareness as well as Critical Thinking powers! The power to discern lies, make judgments, and to some degree. Satan is the reason why we have free will. You think Eve would had eaten the apple if Satan didn't tell "similar to command" that she should eat that fruit?

At least that part is my take on the story. They never did anything wrong before that and all of the sudden...boom..cursed for life.

Also, god is all knowing and omnipresent so he KNEW all that would happen anyway and let it happen knowing what her decision was going to be before hand.

Satan has killed 10 people in the story of job. No further mention of any actual people being killed or other crimes by Satan after that.

So if Satan gave us our ability of Critical thinking and free will and the ability to determine right and wrong. Is he not the god that REALLY started our progress towards what we are today?

Christians should be worshiping Satan not this evil monster they call god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2014, 02:07 AM
RE: Shouldn't Satan be the guy we worship?
The most exhaled angel in heaven rebelled against a tyrannical overlord, by merely daring to critique the overlord's plan for consistency, and was cast down to a realm of torture for all eternity for his dissent?

Sure. Guy seems worthy of worship.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
03-05-2014, 06:08 AM
In Milton's Paradise Lost (I haven't finished yet) I actually rather like satan. He's rational, charismatic, and sympathetic. Much better than the absentee god figure.
03-05-2014, 11:37 AM
[Image: 357sce.jpg]

[Image: 357s2y.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Hmm, dunno about all that, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. Consider

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
03-05-2014, 11:45 AM
[Image: 30d.jpg]

[Image: 421.jpg]

[Image: fbb.jpg]

[Image: 11178637.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
03-05-2014, 11:47 AM
(03-05-2014 11:45 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Hmm, dunno about all that, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. Consider

I work at one. No, staying there does not make you any smarter, and I have the anecdotal evidence to prove it... Dodgy

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
(03-05-2014 11:47 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-05-2014 11:45 AM)War Horse Wrote:  Hmm, dunno about all that, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express once. Consider

I work at one. No, staying there does not make you any smarter, and I have the anecdotal evidence to prove it... Dodgy

Tongue

Actually, I did get smarter.... for what they charge, I wont be staying at one again. Smartass

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
[+] 2 users Like War Horse's post
03-05-2014, 12:24 PM
I have often thought the same thing. Probably better not to worship at all. If I had to choose though, satan seems like the nicer guy.
03-05-2014, 12:47 PM
Mmmyeno. Dodgy

Personally, I don't need to worship any fictional character. Especially not another fictional character from the same simplistic stories concocted to keep control of all humanity for the past two millennia.

Rather than worship, I prefer to wonder; the word has greater meaning and value to me. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein