Shouldn't there be more Christians with eye patches?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Shouldn't there be more Christians with eye patches?
(06-02-2014 05:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 05:00 PM)Free Wrote:  What I am saying is that people worship a man named Jesus, instead of Christ. They do not understand.
Jesus is the Christ. This is what Scriptures testify.

I understand that you believe in the scriptures, because that is what you have been taught to believe all of your life. But if you really want to know exactly what Jesus teaches, there is only one way to learn. I will quote Jesus for you. He said the following words to his apostles:

Mat 23:8 But you must not be called teacher, for only one is your teacher; Christ.
Mat 23:10 Do not be called teachers, for only One is your Teacher, and that is Christ.

Jesus tells you himself that the only teacher you shall have is Christ himself. Not the apostles, not the rest of the scriptures, but only the words uttered from the mouth of Jesus.

If you really want to understand Jesus, and if you really want to be a true follower of Christ, then you will believe absolutely nothing else in the bible except the words that Jesus spoke ONLY.

You cannot understand him, or know him, by learning the words written and spoken by someone who is not Christ.

Trust him alone, and no one else.

Quote:
(06-02-2014 05:00 PM)Free Wrote:  They do not know the difference because of the religion of Christianity, which Christ and Jesus have absolutely nothing to do with. Christianity does not teach the philosophy of Christ.
What is philosophy of Christ? Who is the Christ according to your understanding of the Scriptures?
Christianity has many creeds. They teach philosophies of men mingled with Scriptures.

The words of Christ are your only teacher.

Quote:
(06-02-2014 05:00 PM)Free Wrote:  Christianity teaches the philosophy of the Apostle Paul, not of Christ.
What is philosophy of Paul? Or what is the main difference between philosophy of Paul and philosophy of Christ?
P.S. Please tell me only if you want to have this debate.

Paul teaches church. He teaches you to build the churches, and how to convert people.

Jesus teaches Christ, God, the Holy Spirit. Jesus teaches you that if you love your neighbor as yourself, then you could not break one of the 10 commandments. All you have to do is just one thing.

Have love for each other. For if you have true love for each other you will not murder, you will not steal, you will not covet, you will not commit adultery, nor will you break any commandment or sin at all. For no person who truly loves all of mankind would ever bring harm to anyone.

This is why Jesus said this:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second commandment is just like the first commandment and it says, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the scriptures and that the prophets said.

All the scriptures, all the prophesies, and all the laws would be honored if all people simply loved one another.

That's the entire message of Christ. That is all you need to do. If you can simply love mankind, you can never sin.

No mystery. No need for teachers. No need for churches. No need for religion.

Just love each other.

The Golden Rule.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2014, 12:26 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 12:31 PM by Alla.)
(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 05:46 PM)Alla Wrote:  Jesus is the Christ. This is what Scriptures testify.
I understand that you believe in the scriptures, because that is what you have been taught to believe all of your life.
Actually I was an atheist. My farther was an atheist(he died). I was born and raised in atheist society - former USSR, specifically in Kiev, Ukraine. I was taught in school and in the University that there is no God and that religion is opium for the people. I study even course that they called back then "Scientific Atheism".
By the way, I loved that course.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  But if you really want to know exactly what Jesus teaches, there is only one way to learn. I will quote Jesus for you.
Do you mean you will quote Scriptures? The ones that testify that Jesus is the Christ?

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  He said the following words to his apostles:
Mat 23:8 But you must not be called teacher, for only one is your teacher; Christ.
Mat 23:10 Do not be called teachers, for only One is your Teacher, and that is Christ.

Jesus tells you himself that the only teacher you shall have is Christ himself. Not the apostles, not the rest of the scriptures, but only the words uttered from the mouth of Jesus.
I see.
Firstly, where does it say that Jesus is not the Christ?
Secondly, following teachings of the Holy Ghost and the Apostles and following teachings of Scriptures means only one thing - to follow teachings of Christ. And following teachings of Christ means only one thing - to follow teachings of His God and His Father Who is Elohim. The Holy Ghost and Apostles are messengers from Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the Messenger from His God and our God Heavenly Father Elohim.
So, the greatest Teacher is the Father Elohim. But He gave an authority to Jehovah or Jesus Christ to be our Master and Teacher and our Lord God. But then Jehovah or Jesus Christ gave authority to His Apostles: He gave them Priesthood and Keys of the Priesthood and sent them:"Go and TEACH all nations what I am your Master was teaching you.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  If you really want to understand Jesus, and if you really want to be a true follower of Christ, then you will believe absolutely nothing else in the bible except the words that Jesus spoke ONLY.
I probably would do that IF what you just wrote were Jesus Christ's words.
Jesus said this in John 14:
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom Father will send in my name, he shall TEACH you ALL things, and bring all things to remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
So, according to the words of Jesus I have another Teacher Who is God Holy Ghost and He is teaching me ALL things.
And, about Apostles. The Holy Ghost will bring to REMEMBRANCE ALL things that Jesus was TEACHING the Apostles. After Jesus Christ ascended to heaven the Holy Ghost started to remind them what Jesus was teaching them. They were writing down what Spirit reminded them.
Jesus didn't say that Apostles will NOT receive more REVELATIONS or MORE WORDS from Him after He leaves them.
We know He did visit them and we know that Apostles were led by the Holy Ghost Who is a Teacher from Christ Who has His Teacher Heavenly Father.
So, more REVELATIONS means MORE WORDS from Christ. More words from Christ means more Scriptures.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  You cannot understand him, or know him, by learning the words written and spoken by someone who is not Christ.

I do. I trust His words that He speaks through those whom He SENDS TO ME:
1)the Holy Ghost Who teaches me all things
2)His Apostles whom He gave and gives NEW REVELATIONS or WORDS of God and KEYS and Authority to TEACH those words.
Jesus Christ is the Master and Teacher but the Holy Ghost and Apostles are His messengers.

English is not my native language.
that awkward moment between the Premortal Existence and your Resurrection
07-02-2014, 01:02 PM
(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  Paul teaches church. He teaches you to build the churches, and how to convert people.
Yes, but he also testifies of Jesus Christ and God Heavenly Father.
Jesus Christ organized Church on earth. 12 Apostles were the very first members of God's Church. Later they preached Christ, repentance and baptism.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  Jesus teaches Christ, God, the Holy Spirit.
So does Paul.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  Jesus teaches you that if you love your neighbor as yourself, then you could not break one of the 10 commandments. All you have to do is just one thing.

Have love for each other. For if you have true love for each other you will not murder, you will not steal, you will not covet, you will not commit adultery, nor will you break any commandment or sin at all. For no person who truly loves all of mankind would ever bring harm to anyone.

This is why Jesus said this:

Mat 22:36 Master, which is the great commandment in the Law?
Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
Mat 22:39 And the second commandment is just like the first commandment and it says, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the scriptures and that the prophets said.
Did Paul dismiss this teaching? Paul taught to love one another and to help one another.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  All the scriptures, all the prophesies, and all the laws would be honored if all people simply loved one another.
Yes, they would. But Paul didn't disagree with this teaching. Paul didn't teach opposite.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  That's the entire message of Christ. That is all you need to do. If you can simply love mankind, you can never sin.
Yes, but He never said that we are capable of this kind of love. Or did He?
Didn't Jesus say that we are NOT perfect but only Father in heaven is perfect? Which means we are not capable of this kind of PERFECT love. That is why we all need the Atonement.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  No mystery. No need for teachers. No need for churches. No need for religion.

Just love each other.

The Golden Rule.
Yes, I totally agree with you.
Again I don't feel bad to say that you are very intelligent and understand many parts of the Scriptures.
But here is the problem. Jesus showed to us the goal - to become perfect like Him and Father.
But He never said that He is expecting from us to become perfect right away. It is NOT possible. That is why He said that no one is perfect but only God. Perfection or to go on perfection is a LIFE TIME process.
So while we are not perfect, while we are only LEARNING to become such, while we are LEARNING to love one another with this perfect love we need Apostles/Church of God.
We need baptism and we need to repent all the time while we are making mistakes. But who can baptize you or me? Answer: only those to whom Christ gave this AUTHORITY or KEYS.
We also need more revelations from God in these days. While we are on our way to perfection God corrects us and guide us. And it depends on what direction we are going.
God also gives more knowledge while we grow/progress. The more we grow the more knowledge we receive.

07-02-2014, 01:12 PM
(07-02-2014 12:26 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  I understand that you believe in the scriptures, because that is what you have been taught to believe all of your life.
Actually I was an atheist. My farther was an atheist(he died). I was born and raised in atheist society - former USSR, specifically in Kiev, Ukraine. I was taught in school and in the University that there is no God and that religion is opium for the people. I study even course that they called back then "Scientific Atheism".
By the way, I loved that course.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  But if you really want to know exactly what Jesus teaches, there is only one way to learn. I will quote Jesus for you.
Do you mean you will quote Scriptures? The ones that testify that Jesus is the Christ?

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  He said the following words to his apostles:

I see.
Firstly, where does it say that Jesus is not the Christ?
Secondly, following teachings of the Holy Ghost and the Apostles and following teachings of Scriptures means only one thing - to follow teachings of Christ. And following teachings of Christ means only one thing - to follow teachings of His God and His Father Who is Elohim. The Holy Ghost and Apostles are messengers from Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the Messenger from His God and our God Heavenly Father Elohim.
So, the greatest Teacher is the Father Elohim. But He gave an authority to Jehovah or Jesus Christ to be our Master and Teacher and our Lord God. But then Jehovah or Jesus Christ gave authority to His Apostles: He gave them Priesthood and Keys of the Priesthood and sent them:"Go and TEACH all nations what I am your Master was teaching you.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  If you really want to understand Jesus, and if you really want to be a true follower of Christ, then you will believe absolutely nothing else in the bible except the words that Jesus spoke ONLY.
I probably would do that IF what you just wrote were Jesus Christ's words.
Jesus said this in John 14:
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom Father will send in my name, he shall TEACH you ALL things, and bring all things to remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
So, according to the words of Jesus I have another Teacher Who is God Holy Ghost and He is teaching me ALL things.
And, about Apostles. The Holy Ghost will bring to REMEMBRANCE ALL things that Jesus was TEACHING the Apostles. After Jesus Christ ascended to heaven the Holy Ghost started to remind them what Jesus was teaching them. They were writing down what Spirit reminded them.
Jesus didn't say that Apostles will NOT receive more REVELATIONS or MORE WORDS from Him after He leaves them.
We know He did visit them and we know that Apostles were led by the Holy Ghost Who is a Teacher from Christ Who has His Teacher Heavenly Father.
So, more REVELATIONS means MORE WORDS from Christ. More words from Christ means more Scriptures.

(06-02-2014 08:33 PM)Free Wrote:  You cannot understand him, or know him, by learning the words written and spoken by someone who is not Christ.

I do. I trust His words that He speaks through those whom He SENDS TO ME:
1)the Holy Ghost Who teaches me all things
2)His Apostles whom He gave and gives NEW REVELATIONS or WORDS of God and KEYS and Authority to TEACH those words.
Jesus Christ is the Master and Teacher but the Holy Ghost and Apostles are His messengers.

Do you understand that all of the scriptures in the entire bible can be reduced to just one thing that you only need to do? Do you understand that you do not need any religion, any other philosophy, any church or anything else except just ONE thing?

"Have love for one another, and love your neighbor as yourself"

Do you understand why you do not need to do, or learn, anything else?

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
07-02-2014, 01:43 PM
(07-02-2014 01:12 PM)Free Wrote:  Do you understand that all of the scriptures in the entire bible can be reduced to just one thing that you only need to do? Do you understand that you do not need any religion, any other philosophy, any church or anything else except just ONE thing?

Actually this the SECOND thing that I have to do.
The FIRST thing that I have to do is TO LOVE GOD.
Do you know what it means to LOVE God?
I see you understand very good what it means to love thy neighbor. But what does it mean to love thy God?
Looks like I have to know MORE then just one thing.

So, what is it?

07-02-2014, 01:52 PM
One day at particular hour about 2000 years ago Martha chose to obey the second commandment - serve the hungry/love her neighbor. But Mary that day at that same hour chose to obey first commandment - she stayed in Church and listen to the teaching instead of serving/loving her neighbor.
Jesus didn't judge any of the sisters because both made good choices. He only taught Martha not to judge Mary's choice and not to complain if she chose to do something.
To love God is NOT ONLY to love your neighbor. So, what is it?

07-02-2014, 03:03 PM
(07-02-2014 01:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 01:12 PM)Free Wrote:  Do you understand that all of the scriptures in the entire bible can be reduced to just one thing that you only need to do? Do you understand that you do not need any religion, any other philosophy, any church or anything else except just ONE thing?

Actually this the SECOND thing that I have to do.
I see you understand very good what it means to love thy neighbor. But what does it mean to love thy God?

So, what is it?

What is God?

You. Me, and your neighbors.

We are the gods.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, "I have said, You are gods?"

Jesus is referring to a Psalm of King David which says:

Psa 82:6 I have said, You are gods; and all of you sons of the Most High.

Therefore, if you love your neighbor then you are loving god.

Again, you just need to do ONE thing:

"Have love for one another, and love your neighbor as yourself."

07-02-2014, 03:36 PM
(07-02-2014 03:03 PM)Free Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 01:43 PM)Alla Wrote:  Actually this the SECOND thing that I have to do.

So, what is it?

What is God?

We are the gods.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your Law, "I have said, You are gods?"

Wow! Very good. I am impressed by your answer. You surely understand Scriptures more then some Christians do.
But in the same Psalm it says that there are gods(us) and there is the Most High God. Jesus Christ was teaching that the first commandment is to love this the Most High God. Second commandment is to love gods/neighbors/ those who are children of this the Most High God.
So, you are not the Most High God. I am not the most High God. We are only learning to become such. So, what does it mean to love the Most High God?

07-02-2014, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 04:58 PM by Free.)
(07-02-2014 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:03 PM)Free Wrote:  What is God?

We are the gods.

Wow! Very good. I am impressed by your answer. You surely understand Scriptures more then some Christians do.
But in the same Psalm it says that there are gods(us) and there is the Most High God. Jesus Christ was teaching that the first commandment is to love this the Most High God. Second commandment is to love gods/neighbors/ those who are children of this the Most High God.
So, you are not the Most High God. I am not the most High God. We are only learning to become such. So, what does it mean to love the Most High God?

Again, if you do just the ONE thing that I said, then you will be the Most High god.

Here is an analogy.

Let us pretend that you are one single drop of water. I am also one single drop of water. We are both identical. But when we are added to the cup of all the water, can you see the difference between you and me?

No, because now we are ONE.

If you become the same as the Most High, then you ARE the Most High. You are not an individual, but become as One. You will not see yourself as an individual, nor will you see anyone else as an individual. You will be One.

Joh 10:30 I and the Father are One!

Joh 17:22 And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may also be One just as as we are One.

To be like Christ, you must also be One.

You cannot be an individual if you are One with all.

And that is why you are to be the Most High. That is why you are God.

Therefore, have love for one another, and love your neighbor as yourself.

This is really all I wanted to say about Christ. There is no big mystery. We do not need a big book called the bible. We do not need churches or religion. We do not need teachers such as Paul, Peter, or John.

We just need each other to be One.

And that is all Jesus really said.

It is so very simple. Smile

And this is why I am an atheist. I choose to not believe because I would much rather know. To believe in religious concepts of hell and heaven is dishonest to myself. To believe, but not know, and then live my life believing in something that I cannot find evidence for truth, is not only a waste of my precious life, but a dishonest way to live.

So instead I choose to be honest and say, "I do not believe," because to spread a "belief" around to other people- and claim the belief to be a fact- when the belief cannot be proven is the same as spreading a lie.

But the one thing I do know is this:

I will not do to anyone anything that I would not want done to myself. I will bring no harm to anyone. I will love all people, and show all people my honesty and integrity, so that they will see a good example of a decent human being.

That is the Golden Rule. That is all Jesus ever taught. That is all you need to know.

Thank you for the discussion, and for listening to an atheist.

Smile

07-02-2014, 05:27 PM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2014 05:42 PM by Alla.)
(07-02-2014 04:30 PM)Free Wrote:  
(07-02-2014 03:36 PM)Alla Wrote:  Wow! Very good. I am impressed by your answer. You surely understand Scriptures more then some Christians do.

Again, if you do just the ONE thing that I said, then you will be the Most High god.

Here is an analogy.

Let us pretend that you are one single drop of water. I am also one single drop of water. We are both identical. But when we are added to the cup of all the water, can you see the difference between you and me?

No, because now we are ONE.

If you become the same as the Most High, then you ARE the Most High. You are not an individual, but become as One. You will not see yourself as an individual, nor will you see anyone else as an individual. You will be One.

Joh 10:30 I and the Father are One!

Joh 17:22 And I have given them the glory which You have given Me, that they may also be One just as as we are One.

To be like Christ, you must also be One.

You cannot be an individual if you are One with all.

And that is why you are to be the Most High. That is why you are God.

Therefore, have love for one another, and love your neighbor as yourself.

This is really all I wanted to say about Christ. There is no big mystery. We do not need a big book called the bible. We do not need churches or religion. We do not need teachers such as Paul, Peter, or John.

We just need each other to be One.

And that is all Jesus really said.

It is so very simple. Smile
OK, I see. You are right. Jesus taught that Father and Him are one and we have to be one. But what does it mean to be one? Do we literally have to become one individual?
Or "to be one" means something else. Like for example, you and I are not drops of the water but two intelligent beings, unique individuals. I hope you do not deny that you are intelligent being and unique individual. No one is like you exactly.
Then how can we become one as Father and Son are one? We can be united in purpose: goals, love, faith, works, way of life.

There are many Most High Gods in the Universe and each one of them is unique.
But all of them are one because all of them are one in PURPOSE.

(07-02-2014 04:30 PM)Free Wrote:  And this is why I am an atheist. I choose to not believe because I would much rather know. To believe in religious concepts of hell and heaven is dishonest to myself. To believe, but not know, and then live my life believing in something that I cannot find evidence for truth, is not only a waste of my precious life, but a dishonest way to live.
I understand your position. It is always the best thing to do - to be honest with yourself. It is RIGHT thing to do.

(07-02-2014 04:30 PM)Free Wrote:  So instead I choose to be honest and say, "I do not believe," because to spread a "belief" around to other people- and claim the belief to be a fact- when the belief cannot be proven is the same as spreading a lie.
To share with others what you believe is not dishonest thing. To force others to accept and follow your believes is wrong and evil thing to do.

(07-02-2014 04:30 PM)Free Wrote:  But the one thing I do know is this:
I will not do to anyone anything that I would not want done to myself. I will bring no harm to anyone. I will love all people, and show all people my honesty and integrity, so that they will see a good example of a decent human being.

That is the Golden Rule. That is all Jesus ever taught. That is all you need to know.

Thank you for the discussion, and for listening to an atheist.

Smile

You are great person.
But still there is a question. If "ONE" doesn't mean literally to become part of the Most High but be united with Him in all things then what does it mean to love God?

Jesus was teaching to follow Him. It means to follow His example. It means that like Jesus obeyed God's laws I have to obey God's laws.
One of the things that Jesus did was baptism in water. Why did He do this? And shouldn't I follow Jesus's example?
May be to do whatever God sais to do is TO LOVE God?
Jesus said to His disciples to baptize those who believe in Him. May be to do what Jesus said to do is TO LOVE God? Jesus's will is God's will. To obey God's will is to LOVE God.
To be baptized doesn't mean to love neighbors (SECOND commandment). To be baptized means to love God(FIRST commandment). To do what God says to do is to love God.
Jesus had faith in God. It doesn't mean to love thy neighbor.
If you don't have faith in God and if you do not do what He says to do(baptism for example) you do not love God.
But those who say that they love God but at the same time hate Mister Brown, for example, do not love God.
Those who say that they love God but can not forgive another, or envy another do not love God.