Shout outs for good people

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Shout outs for good people
I am sometimes amazed at people doing incredibly brave and good things and I feel the need to give them a shout out when I hear of them.

So here is my first:

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
05-09-2012, 02:30 AM
RE: Shout outs for good people
This is for people who work at great heights just to make us comfortable and fuzzy at home.
Not only those who build these kind of towers but also those who maintain them. When no elevator goes that high, and you have to climb the rest, you need balls!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 05:40 AM
(05-09-2012 02:30 AM)Leela Wrote:  This is for people who work at great heights just to make us comfortable and fuzzy at home.
Not only those who build these kind of towers but also those who maintain them. When no elevator goes that high, and you have to climb the rest, you need balls!

Son, I just watched a doco on the building of the Burj (god damn it's a sexy looking building), you want heights? I was getting vertigo just watching these guys and here's these guys just casually stepping from construction part to construction part with a massive gap between them.

I mean I understand they have safety ropes and whatever, but DAMN! that shit is wack!.
It's so high they were showing the last part, they had to drill 7 small holes in the spire (this is over 800m's off the ground!!!), and it's so high that they were at the point to go outside and a top ab-sailor with years and years of experience pussied out, the guy that was suppose to lead the team.
Three guys sitting at over 800m's off the ground ontop of a pole barely 1.5m across...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
05-09-2012, 09:31 AM
On netflix right now, there is a documentary series called The 7 Industrial Wonders of the World. It's really cool, the Hoover Damn one make me shiver!
05-09-2012, 09:51 AM
I hate they call that guy "good samaritan" all the time, I mean, he is good (at least for what we can say from that video) but he's not a samaritan, he's american Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]