Show Your Halloween Costume 2017

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: Show Your Halloween Costume 2017
(31-10-2017 05:05 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 04:57 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Thank you Smile

What movies do you watch? I like Night of the Living Dead. That's my Halloween go to.
We pick something either out of the collection or from the various movies playing on TV at the time haha. In the past we've gone to the cinema as well, although it depends whats on.

My go to is the re-make of Evil Dead. I love the original trilogy (especially 2) and the remake is the right level of "tribute to the first one" and good remake as well Smile

Excellent choice.
This Halloween I'll start with 'Halloween III' & 'Halloween VI', continue with 'Trick r' Treat', 'House on Haunted Hill' and 'Children of the Corn'.
It's best to plan ahead in case it becomes an all-nighter. The alternatives I'll probably pick from are; 'Ginger Snaps', 'The Witch', 'The Ninth Gate', 'The Prince of Darkness', 'Pet Sematary II', 'Jeepers Creepers' and 'The Night Flier'.

(Sigh) One day simply isn't enough for this holiday.
On that note, there's no time to waste; Have fun everybody.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
31-10-2017, 10:53 AM
[Image: 4Slyk3C.jpg]

[Image: anigif_enhanced-26851-1450298712-2.gif]
[+] 2 users Like BikerDude's post
31-10-2017, 11:55 AM
(31-10-2017 10:53 AM)BikerDude Wrote:  [Image: 4Slyk3C.jpg]

Oh, fantastic, I never did want to sleep again.Gasp

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
31-10-2017, 01:52 PM
This thread reminds that I should post my favorite Halloweeny type music from The Shining

ooooOOO00000ooooo creeeeepy Evil_monster

One of the greatest opening credits to any movie, ever.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-10-2017, 02:21 PM
I gots more of my favorite Holloween music for you. Big Grin

Don't forget...... a boy's best friend is his mother. Kiss

v v This v v is fun music.

I have a "thing" about classical orchestra conductors. Even when they get older somehow they look pretty sexy. I think it has something to do with that 8 inch baton they wave around. Yes

[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
31-10-2017, 02:27 PM
(31-10-2017 02:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I gots more of my favorite Holloween music for you. Big Grin

I have a "thing" about classical orchestra conductors. Even when they get older somehow they look pretty sexy. I think it has something to do with that 8 inch baton they wave around. Yes

Bernstein is cheating, though. He was a genuinely handsome man (with or without a baton) throughout his life, and more fun to watch than any other conductor I've ever seen. Nobody would ever say that he was "just going through the motions."
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
31-10-2017, 02:41 PM
(31-10-2017 02:27 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 02:21 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I gots more of my favorite Holloween music for you. Big Grin

Bernstein is cheating, though. He was a genuinely handsome man (with or without a baton) throughout his life, and more fun to watch than any other conductor I've ever seen. Nobody would ever say that he was "just going through the motions."

When I listened to the Psycho piece by Bernard Herrmann I was suprised how well it holds up in a classical orchestra setting. It really was a brilliant piece of movie music. Without his music I don't think that movie would have been as memorable.

31-10-2017, 03:05 PM
(27-10-2017 01:50 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Of course, you can't smile at all while in costume, or you'll ruin the whole thing.

Seriously?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
31-10-2017, 04:03 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2017 05:36 PM by julep.)

Gotta love the end of the Berlioz where the head bounces down the guillotine steps! I'm partial to the fifth movement of that symphony, though, for Halloween because it feels super spooky to me. And only a little bit because there's a big Eb clarinet solo that's a bunch of fun to play in that movement.

Danse Macabre was on the program of the first concert my son ever attended, at age 3 weeks. It was a halloween concert--my husband was performing--and the orchestra was in costume; my son threw up on my husband about 15 minutes before the downbeat. Husband cleaned up a little bit, put a rag over the stain, and changed the title of his costume from beach bum to "new father," and voila!

Conductors can be pretty sexy...there are different size batons, though. Some conductors use a baton that's so long it might poke a viola player's eye out (if a viola player ever looked in the conductor's direction; fortunately that tends to be rare). There tends to be an inverse relationship between the size of the baton and the sexiness of the conductor.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
31-10-2017, 04:04 PM
(31-10-2017 02:41 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 02:27 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Bernstein is cheating, though. He was a genuinely handsome man (with or without a baton) throughout his life, and more fun to watch than any other conductor I've ever seen. Nobody would ever say that he was "just going through the motions."

When I listened to the Psycho piece by Bernard Herrmann I was suprised how well it holds up in a classical orchestra setting. It really was a brilliant piece of movie music. Without his music I don't think that movie would have been as memorable.

I learned today that the shower scene was originally intended to have no music, but Herrmann wrote something anyway and Hitchcock went with it.