"Show me scientific facts on your disbelief in all Gods".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-02-2014, 03:45 AM
RE: "Show me scientific facts on your disbelief in all Gods".
*face palm* You are doing it again... You say you dismiss the hypothesis, but you CONTINUE to commit the same logical fallacies over and over again: ad hominem and appeal to authority.
I was hoping to hear some reasonable, legitimate criticizm, but you could not provide any. You didn't even say a single word about the COTENT of the hypothesis.

I can understand when people do mistakes. I also understand when people fail to recognize that they made a mistake. That is just natural. But when someone keeps on making the same mistake, even though he was made aware of it... that is frustrating. I hope you see your mistake now. Refrain from using these two logical fallacies, save some face and don't continue to embarass yourself any further.

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2014, 04:03 AM
His answer is disingenuous as empty space or quantum vacuum is required for something to appear from this apparent "nothing'.

You seem to be implying that his hypothesis stems from scientific endeavour. Keep the faith.

I don't have much interest in appearing 'neutral' towards someone who views Krauss solely as a scientist and is unable to assess his probable motives.
06-02-2014, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 07:09 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(06-02-2014 04:03 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  His answer is disingenuous as empty space or quantum vacuum is required for something to appear from this apparent "nothing'.

Does he not qualify this in his book? I imagine that his publisher was much happier with the far catchier title 'A Universe From Nothing' rather than 'A Universe From Empty Space & Quantum Vacuums; Not a Philosophical Nothing'; but would that at all affect the contents of the book? Or are you going to call Newton's objectivity into question because his book was called 'Celestial Mechanics' and there is clearly no mechanical scaffolding or other visible mechanics actually directing the motion of the planets, moons, and stars? Should we doubt Hawkins because his 'A Brief History of Time' is most assuredly not a brief read?

(06-02-2014 04:03 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You seem to be implying that his hypothesis stems from scientific endeavour. Keep the faith.

Please be more specific.

(06-02-2014 04:03 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I don't have much interest in appearing 'neutral' towards someone who views Krauss solely as a scientist and is unable to assess his probable motives.

If everyone that makes talks at conferences or publishes books for layman consumption is to be distrusted purely for those actions, just who in the hell do trust and why?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-02-2014, 06:37 AM
"Show me scientific facts on your disbelief in all Gods"

I wrote on a piece of paper "I disbelieve in all gods"
Fact #1 - The paper exists
Fact #2 - I wrote on the paper in ink. (video proof can be provided)
Fact #3 - The ink exists
Fact #4 - The ink on the paper takes the form of the following words in English "I disbelieve in all gods"
Fact #5 - This post digitally describing said events.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 2 users Like Rahn127's post
06-02-2014, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 07:56 AM by RobbyPants.)
Me: Wow! This thread looked sorta interesting when I left to play Borderlands last night. It's already jumped to four pages!

*reads four pages of BrownShirt's variation on the first cause argument and naturalism. *

Me: [Image: skeptical-sm_zps59fc1324.png]
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
06-02-2014, 08:21 AM
(06-02-2014 12:49 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 08:47 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's just another straw man the lying theist shill pulled out of his ass.

I like the part where the post following yours demonstrates why it's not a strawman.

I like the part in which you desperately strawman what YouKAy said in a sad in a sad attempt to claim it wasn't a strawman.

Quote:That said, you've never understood what they are, so can't say I'm surprised.

You are getting called left and right on your reliance on fallacious claims. It is you who don't understand what they are, or you wouldn't employ them in virtually everything you post.

Quote:I wonder if you realise what a complete waste of space you are. Do you live a normal life (e.g. job, partner, house friends etc)? I would be surprised if you did, then's a desperation about you.

I have an awesome life. And I can also craft a complete and intelligible sentence, quite unlike you.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
06-02-2014, 04:47 PM
(06-02-2014 08:21 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 12:49 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I like the part where the post following yours demonstrates why it's not a strawman.

I like the part in which you desperately strawman what YouKAy said in a sad in a sad attempt to claim it wasn't a strawman.

Quote:That said, you've never understood what they are, so can't say I'm surprised.

You are getting called left and right on your reliance on fallacious claims. It is you who don't understand what they are, or you wouldn't employ them in virtually everything you post.

Quote:I wonder if you realise what a complete waste of space you are. Do you live a normal life (e.g. job, partner, house friends etc)? I would be surprised if you did, then's a desperation about you.

I have an awesome life. And I can also craft a complete and intelligible sentence, quite unlike you.

Still dodging huh? One day you may grow a pair and front up.
07-02-2014, 12:45 AM
(06-02-2014 04:47 PM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 08:21 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  I like the part in which you desperately strawman what YouKAy said in a sad in a sad attempt to claim it wasn't a strawman.

Still dodging huh? One day you may grow a pair and front up.

I dodge nothing, you pathetic lying theist shill.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-02-2014, 01:01 AM
(06-02-2014 01:43 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 01:24 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  True, I did, as I feel this is where the conversation will lead. Just trying to cut to the heart of the "matter". Laughat

This is why I am prompting you to define your terms. The "spontaneous generation of matter" is evidenced by the discovery of the Higgs Boson, as far as the natural state of the universe is concerned. It's not well understood, but the fact that it's been predicted and narrowed down that far is pretty impressive if you ask me.

What terms do you want me to define? I haven't placed the spontaneous creation of matter due to what was happening at Cern. Happy to be showed otherwise.

"spontaneous creation of matter"

Please define those terms as you are using them. Also, it would be neat if you explain exactly how you are applying them to the current conversation. Thumbsup

(To be absolutely fair, I haven't yet been able to discern what the point of this conversation is yet, that's why I'm making you do it Tongue )

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-02-2014, 01:37 AM
(06-02-2014 04:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 04:03 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  His answer is disingenuous as empty space or quantum vacuum is required for something to appear from this apparent "nothing'.

Does he not qualify this in his book? I imagine that his publisher was much happier with the far catchier title 'A Universe From Nothing' rather than 'A Universe From Empty Space & Quantum Vacuums; Not a Philosophical Nothing'; but would that at all affect the contents of the book? Or are you going to call Newton's objectivity into question because his book was called 'Celestial Mechanics' and there is clearly no mechanical scaffolding or other visible mechanics actually directing the motion of the planets, moons, and stars? Should we doubt Hawkins because his 'A Brief History of Time' is most assuredly not a brief read?

Given his atheism, and what the book proposes I would suspect many people and his colleagues would take his hypothesis at what it seems to be, i.e. an attempt to negate the first cause argument.

I've always assumed Newton's books to show science, and to a lesser degree Hawkins when he's not attempting to portray himself as omniscient, not to be another Anti-theist scientist attempting to justify strong atheism.

(06-02-2014 04:03 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  You seem to be implying that his hypothesis stems from scientific endeavour. Keep the faith.

Quote:Please be more specific.

I was above. I don't think any impetus of this book stems from science, it's an atheistic book.

(06-02-2014 04:03 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  I don't have much interest in appearing 'neutral' towards someone who views Krauss solely as a scientist and is unable to assess his probable motives.

If everyone that makes talks at conferences or publishes books for layman consumption is to be distrusted purely for those actions, just who in the hell do trust and why?
[/quote]

He is constantly discussing atheism.

I distrust devout atheists and theists automatically. Seemingly atheists only distrust theists.