"Show me scientific facts on your disbelief in all Gods".

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 01:42 PM
RE: "Show me scientific facts on your disbelief in all Gods".
(08-02-2014 05:44 AM)Baruch Wrote:  
(06-02-2014 12:56 AM)Brownshirt Wrote:  Unless there is some justification that nature cannot be created, why should I accept this unless I've already reached naturalism as a conclusion?

Brownshirt
- you are making straw man arguments in this post:

As for the big bang - cosmologists have investigated the first 3 minutes during a very small, high temperature + pressure state.

What actually happened at time=0 or close to zero (plank constant) we don't know - This does NOT imply self creation (and definitely not God which is used to fill any gap in knowledge)

It is most likely[/b] that the big bang is a[b] transition phase and energy is eternal and indestructible - neither created not destroyed.
No one says "the universe just popped in from nothing".
Even cosmologists such as Lawrence Krauss describe an early quantum state which is not technically an absolute nothing (an ontological nothingness) i.e something always exists.

And why you do you propose we're able to assert what is most likely?

So many atheists assert this heliocentric version of knowledge. I won't if a Galileo equivalent would be banned for heresy for denying this proposal of knowledge.
Don't worry it won't be Dawkins, Krauss or Hawking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Oh no i had to justify why somethimg was more likely. i just bailed.
23-12-2014, 07:50 PM
"Show me scientific facts on your disbelief in Allah, Zeus, FSM, Santa, etc."
23-12-2014, 08:14 PM
[Image: 400px-Necro2.jpg]

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
23-12-2014, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 23-12-2014 08:31 PM by f stop.)
(05-02-2014 04:22 PM)Just Another Atheist Wrote:  He then went on to say Absence of evidence is not evidence of absenceā€¦
Who said that? Whatever, it's not true. Absence of evidence definitely is evidence of absence. Else, Russel's teapot. Or any other bullshit you care to come up with.

Ok, I googled it and it appears that Carl Sagan said it. I find that hard to believe unless it's being taken out of context.

Sapere aude
23-12-2014, 09:05 PM
I am a scientific fact.
I disbelieve that a god or gods exist.

There ya go.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results