Show off your employment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 01:40 PM
Show off your employment
Just curious what everyone does 5 days a week, all year to feed themselves and family. This is your chance to show what a hard working induvidual you are, or not. Feel free to say why your job is okay or:

Pictures or videos are encouraged if you can.

In any case, here's my job; driving a 1986 Fendt with a squeaky seat up to the drop-off point (loud audio, turn it down).

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like ELK12695's post
05-09-2015, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 02:06 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Show off your employment
I design software systems. My big occupational hazards are carpal tunnel, hemorrhoids, and sweaty balls.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-09-2015, 02:08 PM
I am a bookkeeper.

As to good or bad...current position is crap - frequently noted in The Ranting Corner.

Seeking job with company that isn't run by a complete lunatic.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
05-09-2015, 02:17 PM
(05-09-2015 01:40 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Just curious what everyone does 5 days a week

5 days? I work almost every Saturday.

Official title says Technical director, in reality I'm kind of production manager/guy that answers all the stupid questions both from employees and the customers.

Am I happy with my job? I would be if I had this job in Norway. Here? It's a living I guess.

I have the same occupation hazards as Girly, including sweaty balls.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 4 users Like Slowminded's post
05-09-2015, 02:19 PM
I'm a gerontologist. But would love to give all that up and become a yoga instructor full-time and open my own studio.
[+] 6 users Like jennybee's post
05-09-2015, 02:20 PM
Only ever had one job as a room attendant, fucking hell. Currently studying and looking for work. Terrified I'll never have a decent job... classics really doesn't seem to be a good choice of degree career-wise :/

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
[+] 2 users Like SunnyD1's post
05-09-2015, 02:23 PM
I teach piano and clarinet (and sometimes sax and flute) privately and perform, mostly clarinet and a bit of voice. I usually have 20-30 students in my studio. Once my son is out of high school I will be looking for some extra work, maybe writing or tutoring. I love my work, most of the time.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
05-09-2015, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 02:39 PM by Tonechaser77.)
Show off your employment
I'm in Product Marketing management for a consumer products company.
For my particular group I am responsible for defining, in detail, the ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘when’ of the product that the engineering team will build.

We generally set product vision and strategy and as clearly as possible articulate the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release. We are usually tasked with owning the strategy behind the product and its roadmap, from ideas to market delivery. Also responsible for the go-to-market strategy and reacting based on consumer reaction. There's a lot of creativity involved, a lot of psychology - especially when defining a product based on the features and benefits that the end-user/consumer wants in the product, and most of all it's extremely fast paced in the particular industry i'm in. Our team probably has 200-300 products that spans 10 categories or so, that we are responsible for.

[Image: Tactical_Product_Management_zpsrky5uldl.png]

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 2 users Like Tonechaser77's post
05-09-2015, 02:31 PM
(05-09-2015 02:27 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I'm in Product Marketing management for a consumer products company.
For my particular group I am responsible for defining, in detail, the ‘why’, ‘what’ and ‘when’ of the product that the engineering team will build.

Ah, so you're that guy. You do of course realize that the engineering team just ignores you and do what they think is right, right? Big Grin

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-09-2015, 02:33 PM
Show off your employment
Lol most of the time yes!! Hahaha. Someday i may trick myself into believing in actually important!

**Crickets** -- God