Show off your employment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Show off your employment
(08-09-2015 11:31 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I think if I don't find something soon I may just start working on my masters. Not sure if I want to continue the same vein onto a MBA or hone in on an area like accounting

If I'm not mistaken you can become a certified public account (CPA) by passing a series of exams. I'd go for the MBA and have my CPA in back pocket.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2015, 02:24 PM
(08-09-2015 12:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 03:52 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I'm a costume designer. I design costumes for local theatre and some opera productions. I also design fancy-schmancy window coverings so I work with high end silks, alpaca and other textiles. I've worked on many Nike executive homes. Those guys are loaded.

It's a dirty job but somebody's gotta do it.

She's really good. She made me a couple.

[Image: sakura_1.jpg][Image: tooth.jpg]

Girly, you look lovely, just lovely. Heart

I get a lot of people asking me to make their costumes for anime cosplay conventions. I haven't taken anyone up on this yet. I'm considering it though.Consider

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
08-09-2015, 09:38 PM
(08-09-2015 01:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I read "pataflatfle" and I hear "bodhisattiva". Big Grin

Awesome video. That song's now over 40 years old (over 30 years old when the concert was recorded) and it sounds as fresh as the first day I heard it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Up until recently I was parkstaff at a local nature preserve, selling parking permits, doing patrols, traffic control, routine maintenance. Now I'm a night manager at a local gas station. Not nearly so much fun, but the pay is better and unlike the county, my current employer pays benefits -- important when you have my health issues.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
08-09-2015, 10:21 PM
(08-09-2015 09:38 PM)Astreja Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 01:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I read "pataflatfle" and I hear "bodhisattiva". Big Grin

Awesome video. That song's now over 40 years old (over 30 years old when the concert was recorded) and it sounds as fresh as the first day I heard it.

That particular recording's 9 years old; it says 2006 in the title...

... this is my signature!
08-09-2015, 11:12 PM
(08-09-2015 10:21 PM)cjlr Wrote:  That particular recording's 9 years old; it says 2006 in the title...

The live performance is dated 2006, but the song was first released in 1973 on the Steely Dan album Countdown to Ecstasy (which I had on vinyl, way back when...) The arrangement captures the style and spirit of the original, and adds a little something extra. I particularly like the first guitar solo.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post
09-09-2015, 08:31 PM
I just started school but I'm going to be a merchant mariner. I can work on any kind of commercial ships, containers, tankers, bulk carriers... I personally want to work on a research ship doing seafloor mapping and ROV (remotely operated vehicles) dives. I like oceanography but it's just too much science and chemistry, so the next best thing is to be driving the ship! It will probably be a rotation, 4 weeks on, 2 off or something like that is usually how it is. I love any kind of boat or ship, so I think I'll like this career.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 2 users Like Imathinker's post