Show off your employment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 06:18 PM
RE: Show off your employment
(05-09-2015 06:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 06:02 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I have a boarding stable and I write math textbooks.

I shovel literal shit in the morning (7 days a week!), then shovel figurative shit the rest of the day.

I guess that makes me Queen Shit. Tongue

Math Sadcryface

I'd have to go with shoveling literal shit. Weeping

Having worked in both I'll take the math almost any day.

Almost. I mean, you gotta have some variety in life, right?

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
05-09-2015, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 08:19 PM by goodwithoutgod.)
I take the "good ideas" the upper chain of command comes up with and after banging my head on the wall trying to convince them they are stupid ideas, and demoralizing in nature, I then plaster on a smile and walk down to sell it to the leaders of the various divisions and teams I manage. Go team! FML.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 5 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
05-09-2015, 06:34 PM
I'm a media mogul.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2015, 06:36 PM
(05-09-2015 06:09 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 06:02 PM)Thinkerbelle Wrote:  I have a boarding stable and I write math textbooks.

I shovel literal shit in the morning (7 days a week!), then shovel figurative shit the rest of the day.

I guess that makes me Queen Shit. Tongue

Sure, but horseshit is about the least worst, so far as animal waste is concerned. Gotta look on the bright side.

Its the highlight of my day. Big Grin Then things go downhill from there, depending on the job.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
05-09-2015, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 07:13 PM by DLJ.)
(05-09-2015 02:31 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ...
Ah, so you're that guy. You do of course realize that the engineering team just ignores you and do what they think is right, right? Big Grin

[Image: Glenfis-Deutsches-Kartenset-ABC-of-ICT-D...age_14.jpg]

I'm looking for a translation of this one but I think the picture tells the tale.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2015, 07:01 PM
(05-09-2015 05:50 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...
I have a repair job in IT, I repair/service servers in DHS offices across the state I live in. I get to do quite a bit of traveling which I enjoy quite a bit, a lot of my job is blowing out dust in servers, replacing UPS' if the battery goes out, and about any server component that dies in-field.

[Image: abc-of-ict-itil-itsm-nine-to-five-9-5-cu...=627%2C972]

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2015, 07:09 PM
This is me...

[Image: alan-animation-gif-rickman-seminar-Favim.com-368026.gif]

[Image: IITL.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-09-2015, 07:12 PM
I am a synthetic organic chemist. I work with stuff that will kill you if you aren't careful. I friggin' love it.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 4 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
05-09-2015, 07:23 PM
Been at my current job less than a year and I'm loving it, mostly because of the unique schedule, where I get two weeks off per month. I'm basically an overpaid security guard. The isolation which I consider to be a perk brings with it the need for a few additional skill sets (i.e. search and rescue training, cold weather operations, etc.) and makes it harder to find people willing to do it, so the pay is like quadruple what it would be in an urban area.

I'm on a two week rotation as an asset protection officer at a remote mine site in middle of nowhere, Canada. At the beginning of a rotation, I hop on a plane and fly to the site, which has no roads going to it aside from the ice truck road for about 3 weeks during the winter. The site is completely self contained and provides lodging, food, a gym, a swimming pool, wifi... It's quite well equipped for being in such an isolated area. I do 12 hours shifts for 14 days straight, then I hop on the plane and change with the next rotation and take two weeks off.

I'm also still a cavalry scout with the U.S. Army National Guard despite living in Canada, and during my off time I head to Vermont for a few days of weekend warrior fun. We also fit in a few extended training outings throughout the year, ranging from the typical annual training to extras like mountaineering.

I don't have much in the way of media for my civilian job, but here's a video our brigade's public affairs put together for our training in Fort Drum a couple years ago, as well as a little pic compilation video of some training at Vermont's pride and joy, the Mountain Warfare School.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
05-09-2015, 08:19 PM
(05-09-2015 07:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Been at my current job less than a year and I'm loving it, mostly because of the unique schedule, where I get two weeks off per month. I'm basically an overpaid security guard. The isolation which I consider to be a perk brings with it the need for a few additional skill sets (i.e. search and rescue training, cold weather operations, etc.) and makes it harder to find people willing to do it, so the pay is like quadruple what it would be in an urban area.

I'm on a two week rotation as an asset protection officer at a remote mine site in middle of nowhere, Canada. At the beginning of a rotation, I hop on a plane and fly to the site, which has no roads going to it aside from the ice truck road for about 3 weeks during the winter. The site is completely self contained and provides lodging, food, a gym, a swimming pool, wifi... It's quite well equipped for being in such an isolated area. I do 12 hours shifts for 14 days straight, then I hop on the plane and change with the next rotation and take two weeks off.

I'm also still a cavalry scout with the U.S. Army National Guard despite living in Canada, and during my off time I head to Vermont for a few days of weekend warrior fun. We also fit in a few extended training outings throughout the year, ranging from the typical annual training to extras like mountaineering.

I don't have much in the way of media for my civilian job, but here's a video our brigade's public affairs put together for our training in Fort Drum a couple years ago, as well as a little pic compilation video of some training at Vermont's pride and joy, the Mountain Warfare School.

So disappointed. Weeping

All this time I thought you were a Ninja assassin.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post