Show off your employment

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Show off your employment
I work in the service department of a car dealership. I'm not a car guy, never have been. I could give a shit. So I get to be the middle man between overworked and pissed off technicians and customers who are pissed off because their vehicular is broken and they gotta pay a lot of goddamn money to get it fixed. Again, I could give a shit, but I don't. I suppose it's why I'm good at customer service, I understand you're angry, and I signed up to be the punching bag but I don't give a shit so you punch away and I'll wait until you're done and politely give you your options. It just makes for one hell of a headache at the end of each ten hour day, but I guess that's why god created bourbon.

Although, I've been there for a bit over a year and so far I've been able to get myself a nice reliable car for once in my life and we just bought a fucking house. So I can't say it's not working out for me or anything.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like evenheathen's post
05-09-2015, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2015 11:43 PM by Worom.)
I'm a Senior Business Analyst for a Health Insurance company.

It's a fancy title for guy that sits in meetings all day long and works on spreadsheets.

[Image: business-analyst-what-I-do-meme.jpg]

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 4 users Like Worom's post
06-09-2015, 01:06 AM
I work at a pizza place for limited hours and minimal wage.....I kind of wish I was still working for 11.20 at my previous job but working here is a lot less stressful and I like the work MUCH much more.

So whatever, getting paid about half as much but like the work itself twice as much.

...just kind of wish retail would fucking hire me but they don't want me for some stupid reason.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
06-09-2015, 01:46 AM
(05-09-2015 09:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 09:07 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I mope around and bitch about how shit my life is.
The pays shit. I bitch about that too.

I love you Muffs. You make me laugh.

Watch out, that shit's billable Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
06-09-2015, 01:47 AM
I write code Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
06-09-2015, 03:22 AM
(05-09-2015 11:37 PM)Worom Wrote:  I'm a Senior Business Analyst for a Health Insurance company.

It's a fancy title for guy that sits in meetings all day long and works on spreadsheets.

[Image: business-analyst-what-I-do-meme.jpg]

You win 10 internets just for the pic of that particular TRON outfit! Tongue

06-09-2015, 04:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 04:25 AM by Mathilda.)
(05-09-2015 06:59 PM)DLJ Wrote:  [Image: Glenfis-Deutsches-Kartenset-ABC-of-ICT-D...age_14.jpg]

I'm looking for a translation of this one but I think the picture tells the tale.

From my limited German:

First line:

"Here are the emergency updates for the onboard navigation system."

Second line:

"No understanding of business opportunities and implications"

(And no I didn't use google translate except to find an alternative meaning of auswirkungen because 'effects' didn't seem entirely appropriate)
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
06-09-2015, 04:41 AM
(05-09-2015 02:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am a bookkeeper.

As to good or bad...current position is crap - frequently noted in The Ranting Corner.

Seeking job with company that isn't run by a complete lunatic.

Good luck! Weeping

[Image: CEOchart.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-09-2015, 04:42 AM
(05-09-2015 02:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm a gerontologist. But would love to give all that up and become a yoga instructor full-time and open my own studio.

MD gerontologist? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-09-2015, 05:00 AM
I'm just glad there aren't any gigolos working here. Nobody really wants to see their place of employment waved around this early in the day.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.