He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2015, 02:00 PM
RE: Show off your employment
I work in the oilfields as a toilet scrubber for 4 hours a day and as a job steward for the other 6 hours. I'm considering giving up the job steward position though because it's mostly dealing with drama and general bullshit. I don't do it for 5 days a week. I do it for 21 days and then I'm off for 7 days. Those 21 days I spend in a remote camp. Not like tents and shit. It's pretty comfortable here. The best part is that my wife works here also. It's a pretty good gig but it seems to be coming to a close. Not worried though. The union will have a job for me when I'm ready..
[+] 3 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
06-09-2015, 05:55 PM
(06-09-2015 02:00 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I work in the oilfields as a toilet scrubber for 4 hours a day and as a job steward for the other 6 hours. I'm considering giving up the job steward position though because it's mostly dealing with drama and general bullshit. I don't do it for 5 days a week. I do it for 21 days and then I'm off for 7 days. Those 21 days I spend in a remote camp. Not like tents and shit. It's pretty comfortable here. The best part is that my wife works here also. It's a pretty good gig but it seems to be coming to a close. Not worried though. The union will have a job for me when I'm ready..

Not unlike the fly in fly out setup where I'm working, except for me it's diamonds instead of oil.

'Murican Canadian
06-09-2015, 06:49 PM
(06-09-2015 05:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 02:00 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  I work in the oilfields as a toilet scrubber for 4 hours a day and as a job steward for the other 6 hours. I'm considering giving up the job steward position though because it's mostly dealing with drama and general bullshit. I don't do it for 5 days a week. I do it for 21 days and then I'm off for 7 days. Those 21 days I spend in a remote camp. Not like tents and shit. It's pretty comfortable here. The best part is that my wife works here also. It's a pretty good gig but it seems to be coming to a close. Not worried though. The union will have a job for me when I'm ready..

Not unlike the fly in fly out setup where I'm working, except for me it's diamonds instead of oil.

Yup. Fly in fly out. When I tell people about it they think I'm all glamouris and shit. Pfft. I clean toilets..
Are you in The Territories?
06-09-2015, 07:08 PM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2015 08:00 PM by yakherder.)
(06-09-2015 06:49 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 05:55 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Not unlike the fly in fly out setup where I'm working, except for me it's diamonds instead of oil.

Yup. Fly in fly out. When I tell people about it they think I'm all glamouris and shit. Pfft. I clean toilets..
Are you in The Territories?

I started out in Northwest Territories but I'm being moved to a place in Ontario. It will actually increase my commute time, as I now have to drive nine hours to an airport in Ontario instead of flying straight from Montreal. I do like the rotational work, though. I'm not good at dividing my priorities, and I can't be fully devoted to work and fully devoted to family at the same time. This allows me not to have to worry about that.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
06-09-2015, 07:52 PM
I'm a medical transcriptionist in a hospital. My favourite specialty is neurology, but I also regularly do hypertension, nephrology, gastroenterology, hepatology, respirology, physiatry (physical medicine and rehab), endocrinology, allergy/immunology, and infectious disease.

I actually look forward to hearing an unfamiliar word because I can research it and learn something new.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Astreja's post
06-09-2015, 10:02 PM
(06-09-2015 04:41 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-09-2015 02:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am a bookkeeper.

As to good or bad...current position is crap - frequently noted in The Ranting Corner.

Seeking job with company that isn't run by a complete lunatic.

Good luck! Weeping

[Image: CEOchart.jpg]

This is why I think I'll make a great businessman, I'm the whole pie.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
06-09-2015, 10:13 PM
(06-09-2015 10:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  This is why I think I'll make a great businessman, I'm the whole pie.

Earmuffs???

[Image: 1414037091341_wps_15_meat_pie_2204_jpg_png.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
06-09-2015, 10:14 PM
(06-09-2015 07:52 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I actually look forward to hearing an unfamiliar word because I can research it and learn something new.

Pataflafla.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
07-09-2015, 09:57 PM
(06-09-2015 07:52 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I actually look forward to hearing an unfamiliar word because I can research it and learn something new.

(06-09-2015 10:14 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Pataflafla.

Kewl... A close cousin of a paradiddle!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Astreja's post