04-03-2016, 01:33 PM
RE: Show your Human side, tell us what you like
I want a massage chair!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2016, 01:37 PM
(04-03-2016 01:33 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I want a massage chair!

It's my idea of heaven. Smile They last a long time, too. I have had mine for 8 years now and it has been getting daily use from me and lots more from others, no one can resist it. It really feels like hands massaging you.

They have new-fangled ones now that are even better.

Expensive as heck though.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
04-03-2016, 01:41 PM
(03-11-2011 02:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  After 11 years, I wonder if I actually like Gwyneth Paltrow. Big Grin

But my love of that girl is waveform - if anybody thinks it is "creepy, non-love, or obsessive" it is because they are online and haven't dealt with this fool properly. I grew up in a world without love - now "I love" is emergent science. A "yay" for me with "my Gwynnies," a yay for atheism in general. Cool

Nah, that don't make me human, that makes me whack. I'm prototype - Gwynnies viral, fool! Big Grin

Humanity is human posting unique condition of identity. It is "pride of being artist ellenjanuary" that i seem to be able to explain all theology and philosophy from two tattoos - one on each arm (and you though 'mark of beast' fiction, huh? Tongue) - yet it is humility of tao that I state such "pride" exists in us all as humans as "decent human beings."

Whether I end now or never, I have "feared God and kept his commandments;" being atheist is merely stating that the vision of YHWH in I is "point-object truth" - some naive philosophy religion could benefit from - some other day - I'm trying to be human here. Big Grin

It is through being an amateur scientist and using the scientific method in my naive philosophy (cannot say "I knew what I was doing" - can say I feel pretty clever these days) that I have found difference between love and like - I can love everybody - I can save nobody - and I really don't "like" people up-close and personal as a function of divergent interests rather than "being right."

"I am" is dual-state identity for the individual. Agenda is individual alignment to ideal where it is possible to have a moral agenda based upon simplicity among the commons - and no simpler agenda exists than to state "I love."

I've met plenty of happy-hippie types who have made such an assessment to me in my past - who could turn into unhappy hippie with the quickness. A re-assessment based on zero-state morality has found zero facetiousness in this fool's "I love;" it is sufficient identity in that I need not any "memorial" in this life - heck, you don't even need to know my name - that's why i talk about my Gwynnies so much - she's the sweet and adorable unit of this duality...

OK... I'm much more better as prototype human. Tongue

Fucking epic Cantor. Bowing

Now I gotta go find the "Tao is 4" one.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-03-2016, 02:06 PM
I like to unsucessfully derail old threads

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
04-03-2016, 05:29 PM
(05-05-2011 10:49 AM)Glaucus Wrote:  
(05-05-2011 10:36 AM)Snuff Wrote:  I don't specialize in math and wish I could and it's going to be tough to achieve college education at the age of 19 with a child now but I'll do what I can.

For what it's worth, the engineers at my school mostly hate math (a lot of us pass with a C). We find it completely useless. The only math we enjoy is applied math in the engineering classes. So if you can make it through the math classes to your major classes, you'll find it much easier (it'll be easier to understand because it's regarding something you care about).

I like to compare taking general math classes to getting teeth pulled during a colonoscopy.

Good luck, and I hope that it works out for you!

Trust me on this grasshopper -- you WILL need that math if you're planning on being an engineer.....

WAG and T-LAR only gets you so far..

You will need to analyze, prove out, and quantify most anything you need to engineer -- and you'll have to be comfortable enough with the math to be creative in doing it......

* WAG = wild assed guess
T-LAR = that looks about right (both used far more than you'd be comfortable about knowing)....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-03-2016, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2016 09:49 PM by GenesisNemesis.)
I don't have too many hobbies, but I enjoy playing music (mainly classical for now but will learn other styles), cooking (I'm attracted to anything that's simple/nutritious), reading (sci-fi, fantasy, nonfiction), video games (on and off, mostly FPS and open-world games), and some other games like chess, which I'm slowly learning. I do watch TV shows, and lately I've been enjoying It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Better Call Saul, and 11.22.63. I'm not as interested in movies, not sure why.

04-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Pussy.
Woodworking.
Metalworking.
Riding my bike and weightlifting for exercise.
04-03-2016, 11:28 PM
(04-03-2016 01:41 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Fucking epic Cantor. Bowing

Indeed. That was fucking beautiful Jon.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
05-03-2016, 05:48 AM
I've been getting into arduino lately with the kids

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
05-03-2016, 06:10 AM
(04-03-2016 12:02 PM)jariel Wrote:  I love -
Reading, especially speculative science fiction
All animals, especially rodents Smile - and the rodents I especially love, and have had as pets, are rats, prairie dogs, and Giant Gambian Pouched rats. At the moment I have a lovely, sweet-natured, affectionate rat named Cora.
Composing music.
Discovering/vocally arranging music for the children at Hebrew religious school, playing the piano for the children while they're singing that music Smile
Learning languages. I've been learning Hebrew for a few years now. It's fun!
Sleeping. I really love sleeping.
Learning as many new things as I can.
Reading The Thinking Atheist forum.
All things computer.
Photography, and playing with Photoshop.
"Mr. Robot" and "Dr. Who."

Why resurrect this dead thread? 2011??? Give us a break.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.