Show your desktop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-09-2012, 10:10 AM
RE: Show your desktop
(24-09-2012 08:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 08:57 PM)Near Wrote:  You may have noticed I got my username from Death Note. Great manga, haven't seen the anime. Pretty good live action movies, but would have been better as a live action drama, following the manga really closely.

Hated Near the character. Liked L, but I didn't Like Near.

I hated Near from Death Note aswell... he was a little brat. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-09-2012, 11:24 AM
[Image: desktop.jpg]

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
25-09-2012, 09:49 PM
(25-09-2012 10:05 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 08:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The witcher 2, homeworld 2, swkotor2, civ4, gw2, diablo3, unreal tournament, lol etc..

It's good to see that this forum has good choice in video games.

Carry on.

[Image: desktop2_by_phaedrus2401-d5fyi61.png]

I only keep a few games installed at a time, I use a 256GB SSD, and my two storage drives are getting close to full, so I have to ration space to what I'm actively playing.

Nice. Yea I gotta do the same, what you see on my desktop is what I'm currently playing (though Mount and Blade Warband should be on there too) or/and what I play most. I play my steam games most too but no need for them to be on my desktop. My steam list is a lot shorter then yours however (Napoleon TW, Empire TV, Shogun2 TW, Skyrim).
Love TW games with a passion. It's the only series that I own all the games for, like not download but actually own the physical CD's. Did you hear Rome 2 TW is coming out next January, I'm so off my face pumped for that. Rome TW was AMAZING, one of the best games ever made.

I don't like my PC FPS games as much as my Xbox FPS. If it's FPS then I've got it on xbox (except BF3 which I have on PC, but you gotta get BF for PC there's no comparison).

Just wish I had unlimited bandwidth like last year so I can download more games. All the ones I wont are like 4g+ and when you got 60G bandwidth for a month...

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-09-2012, 10:03 PM
(25-09-2012 10:10 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 08:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hated Near the character. Liked L, but I didn't Like Near.

Indeed.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
25-09-2012, 11:00 PM
(25-09-2012 09:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:05 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:  [Image: desktop2_by_phaedrus2401-d5fyi61.png]

I only keep a few games installed at a time, I use a 256GB SSD, and my two storage drives are getting close to full, so I have to ration space to what I'm actively playing.

Nice. Yea I gotta do the same, what you see on my desktop is what I'm currently playing (though Mount and Blade Warband should be on there too) or/and what I play most. I play my steam games most too but no need for them to be on my desktop. My steam list is a lot shorter then yours however (Napoleon TW, Empire TV, Shogun2 TW, Skyrim).
Love TW games with a passion. It's the only series that I own all the games for, like not download but actually own the physical CD's. Did you hear Rome 2 TW is coming out next January, I'm so off my face pumped for that. Rome TW was AMAZING, one of the best games ever made.

I don't like my PC FPS games as much as my Xbox FPS. If it's FPS then I've got it on xbox (except BF3 which I have on PC, but you gotta get BF for PC there's no comparison).

Just wish I had unlimited bandwidth like last year so I can download more games. All the ones I wont are like 4g+ and when you got 60G bandwidth for a month...

You have good taste. And 60GB? Are you in Canada? I know they've got some pretty draconian bandwidth limits there.

I personally can't stand FPS on consoles. I used to be a near-pure Xbox gamer until around 2008. I upgraded my PC so I could play Fallout 3 on it (since I was excited about mods), then upgraded it again, then built one from the ground up, then upgraded that... And my Steam list has been growing ever since that fateful day. Now I can't stand FPS games with anything other than a mouse and keyboard; I think a high quality mouse is objectively better for FPS than a controller, although a controller has the edge for things like action games, platformers, and racing games.

I admit I didn't get into Total War until recently, I bought Shogun 2 when it came out and it was fantastic. Then I played Napoleon and got hooked. I know a lot of people love Empire, but the battles in Napoleon are just so awesome, there's nothing better than getting a lucky shot with one of your cannons and mowing down half a regiment, or successfully taking them on the flank with your cavalry. Great game. Want to play a match some time?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
25-09-2012, 11:45 PM
(25-09-2012 11:00 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 09:49 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Nice. Yea I gotta do the same, what you see on my desktop is what I'm currently playing (though Mount and Blade Warband should be on there too) or/and what I play most. I play my steam games most too but no need for them to be on my desktop. My steam list is a lot shorter then yours however (Napoleon TW, Empire TV, Shogun2 TW, Skyrim).

You have good taste. And 60GB? Are you in Canada? I know they've got some pretty draconian bandwidth limits there.

I personally can't stand FPS on consoles. I used to be a near-pure Xbox gamer until around 2008. I upgraded my PC so I could play Fallout 3 on it (since I was excited about mods), then upgraded it again, then built one from the ground up, then upgraded that... And my Steam list has been growing ever since that fateful day. Now I can't stand FPS games with anything other than a mouse and keyboard; I think a high quality mouse is objectively better for FPS than a controller, although a controller has the edge for things like action games, platformers, and racing games.

I admit I didn't get into Total War until recently, I bought Shogun 2 when it came out and it was fantastic. Then I played Napoleon and got hooked. I know a lot of people love Empire, but the battles in Napoleon are just so awesome, there's nothing better than getting a lucky shot with one of your cannons and mowing down half a regiment, or successfully taking them on the flank with your cavalry. Great game. Want to play a match some time?

Yea sounds pretty much like me.
Apart from RTS (which for me have always been PC) I was primarily Xbox gamer.
Got Fallout (3 and NV)on xbox, got a tone of other games on xbox. But then start of last year I built my own PC (before I just had a crappy laptop) and now everything is PC. Like my friends wanted me to get Skyrim on Xbox, but fuck that! I was just getting the hang of mods in other games, I want me some Skyrim mods!

The reason I play fps xbox is because I play CoD, and CoD is just far better on xbox then PC. And so I simply haven't played much PC fps (never played counter strike for example). I think if I played more I would prefer it. I do have a decent mouse too (Razor).
But yea for racing games I think it'd always be console. OR if I had the money a steering wheel but that could be either xbox or pc, probably PC for better graphics.

Yea Shogun2 is the best one yet (until Rome2 TW comes out..) it's really great. I got the second expansion and one problem I would fault it for is that the Gatling gun fucking owns! Way too powerful, though I suspect that it is a fair representation of the times and to be fair it is at the end of a technology tree.
I prefer Empire to Napoleon because of the naval battles, best naval battles of any TW game, but both are great. And yea I know what you mean about the cannons, gotta love a ball from a 12pounder flying right down the middle of the AIs general unit. And sure.

I know what I haven't got but I really want, Starcraft 2. When I get a job I'm gonna buy that.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
26-09-2012, 07:45 AM
(25-09-2012 10:10 AM)frankiej Wrote:  
(24-09-2012 08:58 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hated Near the character. Liked L, but I didn't Like Near.

Welllllllll.....He was always doing puzzles, and since I like puzzles I was drawn to his character. Tongue Although, L was still probably my favourite.

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 09:22 AM
(26-09-2012 07:45 AM)Near Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:10 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I hated Near from Death Note aswell... he was a little brat. Tongue

Welllllllll.....He was always doing puzzles, and since I like puzzles I was drawn to his character. Tongue Although, L was still probably my favourite.

I'm more of a Light man myself. Tongue

Anyway, my desktop is a bit of a mess right now, so I'll just post what I have as my wallpaper.

This... but bigger. Tongue
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQU7nqKpKjY5LytfpOjTZf...PzgDVCsC4A]

[Image: opforum1.png]
26-09-2012, 03:05 PM
(26-09-2012 09:22 AM)frankiej Wrote:  I'm more of a Light man myself. Tongue

I knew there was a reason why I liked you.Big GrinThumbsup

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
26-09-2012, 10:16 PM
(24-09-2012 08:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The witcher 2, homeworld 2, swkotor2, civ4, gw2, diablo3, unreal tournament, lol etc..

It's good to see that this forum has good choice in video games.

Carry on.

3 of those were on mine.....Big Grin

[Image: 8ffeae9d.jpg]
Credit to Atothetheist