I love you. No homo. Heart

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
15-10-2012, 02:59 AM
RE: Show your desktop
(10-10-2012 11:04 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  I actually have my wallpaper rotate every 30 - 60 mins. All my wallpapers are anime style females from a favorite anime (.hack//sign, Scrapped Princess, Chrno Crusade), brandish weapons, and/or with wings.

I have to have less than 3 rows of icons if it gets too messy I either uninstall or re-format.

Also I have at least 2 other computers, but I use the same images and follow the same less than 3 rows of icons rule.

[Image: desktop.png]

Hmmmm... So, instead of just deleting one or two icons, you prefer to reinstall the whole OS? Now this is a new one, haven't heard this one before.

Good luck with this reinstalling every now and then.

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
15-10-2012, 04:51 AM
(11-10-2012 09:00 AM)AViegarein Wrote:  
(11-10-2012 07:13 AM)Leela Wrote:  why do you have LoL on yout desktop twice, I wonder quietly to myself.

I have one for US and one for the EU Servers, I don't know if it always happens but if I switch servers from the launcher it starts downloading something. Sometimes I'm just not that patient. Tongue

That's weird. I am fine with one. and it is just downloading the updates. no clue why it has to do this for each server because the info should be saved in your game client therefore it should only need one update, but whatever. But does it not download twice then, anyway?

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2012, 11:34 AM
(15-10-2012 02:59 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(10-10-2012 11:04 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  I actually have my wallpaper rotate every 30 - 60 mins. All my wallpapers are anime style females from a favorite anime (.hack//sign, Scrapped Princess, Chrno Crusade), brandish weapons, and/or with wings.

I have to have less than 3 rows of icons if it gets too messy I either uninstall or re-format.

Also I have at least 2 other computers, but I use the same images and follow the same less than 3 rows of icons rule.

Hmmmm... So, instead of just deleting one or two icons, you prefer to reinstall the whole OS? Now this is a new one, haven't heard this one before.

Good luck with this reinstalling every now and then.

Big Grin

Big Grin

Big Grin

I used to be a computer repair tech back in the Win98 - WinXP days. I for whatever reason LOVED to format computers. I was so into it I actually made my own personal OEM DVD for WinXP. It would automatically format, install windows with all the latest patches already installed, install all the current drivers, and a few important programs. I would update this ISO before each re-install.

I guess I failed to mention that I almost never allow any program to make shortcuts on the desktop, only things that I use VERY regularly (somehow OpenOffice and Skype has eluded me, I'll show them).

I choose to re-format very regularly, I use my computer for a lot and many programs get installed and uninstalled. Beings that I still have mechanical HDDs I try and keep the used space below 1/3-1/2 full. Also, with removing programs most if not all leave crap in the registry. Basically I do all this to keep my system at peak performance. All my personal data - pictures, documents, save games, etc.- reside on a separate drive.

But if that doesn't sound crazy enough, I have a separate system as a dedicated file server. On it I have the installers of almost all the programs I own, pictures, movies, music. So if I end up formatting the wrong drive, no big loss, it's all backed up on the server. Plus it makes it easy to access files between my main computer, 2 laptops and whatever else I decide to let access it.
15-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Sounds to me like you probably have, or want a Linux. xD

Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
15-10-2012, 02:42 PM (This post was last modified: 15-10-2012 02:51 PM by kim.)
About a month ago I showed my desktop all nice and clean... this is it today.
[Image: desktopasusual.jpg]
This is how it looks just before I get disgusted and clean it up. Wonder when that's gonna happen. Blush

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
15-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Grr... Macintosh. We meet again. Dodgy

Poonjab
15-10-2012, 03:50 PM
(15-10-2012 03:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Grr... Macintosh. We meet again. Dodgy

Ha - don't care for Apple, huh? I've never had any problems with them. They run Linux just fine, too. I can start it up either way. Haven't used it in a long time... I'm fucking lazy. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
15-10-2012, 11:40 PM
AViegarein, it looks like we do the same things, except I don't have the file server, yet. I also use a custom XP installation DVD, but since I have already optimized everything, my installations can stay perfectly functional more than 2 years. I am now on 3rd year without reinstalling my 2 XP installations and I am very proud of that. I guess that next time I will be going to Win7, and I do not like that.

Finally, someone that speaks my language. Hey, maybe you can help me here... http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid176203

If you can help me, it would be appreciated.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
16-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Aha! A fellow Mac user. Smile New background. This is the Asteroid Ida, with it's orbiting moon Dactyl.

[Image: ScreenShot2012-10-16at80317PM.png]

Contribute to the Community Resource!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Tongue The Daily Show Discussion with Us, if you like so. HU.Junyuan 13 550 26-04-2013 02:40 PM
Last Post: evenheathen
  [TV Show] What would you do? Kinger 2 282 30-11-2012 05:01 PM
Last Post: Aseptic Skeptic
  Anyone else love this show? Birdguy1979 3 482 18-10-2012 09:25 AM
Last Post: Aseptic Skeptic
  The Ricky Gervais Show kineo 8 559 19-09-2012 08:36 PM
Last Post: aurora
  New Game Show - The American Bible Challenge Jeff 5 589 26-08-2012 09:53 AM
Last Post: Leela
  Does anyone else think Hell's Kitchen is the best show EVER?! Hughsie 24 1,493 30-04-2012 05:03 PM
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Is there any show AMC makes which isn't just fucking brilliant? GirlyMan 7 663 18-03-2012 04:23 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan