Show your desktop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2012, 08:11 AM
RE: Show your desktop
(15-10-2012 03:50 PM)kim Wrote:  
(15-10-2012 03:27 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Grr... Macintosh. We meet again. Dodgy

Ha - don't care for Apple, huh? I've never had any problems with them. They run Linux just fine, too. I can start it up either way. Haven't used it in a long time... I'm fucking lazy. Shy

Apple computers are overpriced pieces of shit, and their mobile devices are slowly becoming more and more obsolete. In addition, I despise Apple's marketing and business methods, so I refuse to do further business with them.

Toshiba, Sony, and Macintosh computers all deserve to be melted.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
17-10-2012, 10:33 AM
(15-10-2012 02:13 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Sounds to me like you probably have, or want a Linux. xD

I have played around with a few distros of linux. The only problem I run into is my game playing habits. Yes, W.I.N.E does allow fairly good Windows program compatibility, but I just want the games to work as intended with out a bunch of jacking around on my end. Now before my big laptop had to go back to Acer for repairs I ran Kubuntu on my older laptop. It worked well for the web surfing and I was toying around with learning C++ and python (I was going to take a class from Coursera that needed one of them).

I would have to agree with the distaste for Apple. I used to like Macs when I was in school. However back in the PowerPC architecture you were extremely limited in games and to some extent business apps (non-office, non-graphics editing). Also, Macs are designed so that you can't build your own, and once you buy one that's what you are stuck with; which is acceptable for laptops not for desktops. Sure you could toss in one or two cards and maybe some RAM, but you couldn't change the processor or graphics. As if that wasn't bad enough they cost 2-3 times a much as a PC of similar specs. Sure they have some cool things here and there, the obnoxiously priced and shaped power adapter does sport some cool features. The displays on newer machines looks nice. But I could not justify the price difference.

That being said I do actually own an iPod Touch 4th gen, and honestly I hate it; a lot. I bought it because I didn't do enough research when I was looking for a mp3/mp4 player with a bluetooth and Wi-Fi radio. So, I went out picked one up for around $300, some weeks later I found an android equivalent device (except it had a bigger screen and expandable memory) for at least $50 less.

It's not just the price that I hate though, I really hate the iOS. After owning my iPod for some months I got a new phone (HTC Rezound) since then I've never looked at my iPod again.

I also do have about 7 iBook G4's that the school I work at was just throwing in the dumpster. Most of the ones in there were broken but I managed to salvage some. I loaned one to my parents with MacOS on it, but a week later they managed to break that one. I only had one other one ready to use and it had Linux on it (which btw is a real pain to use without a 2 button touchpad). Some day I was planning on getting those laptop all back up and running with MacOS and perhaps families who have no computer, I just have to get more power adapters.
[+] 1 user Likes AViegarein's post
17-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Steam for Linux will probably be released this year or early next year. They've already ported Source Engine and several Valve games, though all are currently in closed beta. It is real though, and it is coming.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
09-12-2012, 05:19 AM
[Image: 316audt.jpg]

Poonjab
09-12-2012, 07:55 AM
[Image: DesktopPrtSc.png]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
09-12-2012, 08:35 AM
[Image: 2qiwx2r.jpg]

Got a few more of my games on my desktop since last time.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
09-12-2012, 08:36 AM
(09-12-2012 08:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: 2qiwx2r.jpg]

Your desktop is depressing and you should feel depressed Undecided

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
09-12-2012, 09:34 AM
(09-12-2012 08:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  [Image: 2qiwx2r.jpg]

Anno 1404 for the win. Anno 2070 is pretty good too. Big Grin

Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
09-12-2012, 12:04 PM
[Image: LkTdZ.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-12-2012, 12:09 PM
Just made this my background.

Yes pun.

[Image: WMAP_2010.png]

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain