Show your desktop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 06:55 AM
RE: Show your desktop
(18-01-2013 06:50 AM)Filox Wrote:  I know there was a way around the problem, without actually fixing it.
Laughat

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-01-2013, 07:01 AM
(18-01-2013 06:55 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 06:50 AM)Filox Wrote:  I know there was a way around the problem, without actually fixing it.
Laughat

Hey it's not funny, it called "intelligent solution".

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
18-01-2013, 08:23 AM
(18-01-2013 07:01 AM)Filox Wrote:  Hey it's not funny, it called "intelligent solution".
Is this what people mean when they talk about "intelligent design"? That nothing was, indeed, designed but kinda "designed" itself? Consider

18-01-2013, 10:02 AM
Well, well, it seems that when we combine our efforts, we can come up with some revolutionary explanations... All by pure chance of self-designing... Good one.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
18-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Well, I can spin almost anything into something else entirely to fit my agenda. Truth is relative anyway Dodgy

19-01-2013, 09:12 AM
(18-01-2013 02:21 AM)yumeji Wrote:  I know, it's Windows 8. Need it for my certifications at the moment.

Background is constantly rotating some insane number of NASA pictures of the day. [Edit: From here]
[Image: qpromv.jpg]
Ah stunning picture. It is of course NGC 2264 which is made up of the Fox Fur Nebula, the Cone Nebula, the Christmas Tree cluster and the Snowflake cluster.
All of which are part of the Monoceros constellation.
It also contains Plasketts Star which is the second largest known binary star system. The largest being the Eta Carinae which is inside the Homunculus Nebula. (binary star system being when two stars orbit each other around a center point.)
Fun fact about binary stars actually, not many people know but Sirius is actually a binary star system. Sirius B as it was named is a tiny little white dwarf star that orbits it's large, visible (Sirius being the brightest star in our night sky due to it's relative size and proximity) neighbor, Sirius A. So typically when people talk about Sirius what they actually refer to is Sirius A.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-01-2013, 04:47 PM
I have several different ones that I use, but here are a couple of favorites, on the flying theme.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
21-01-2013, 03:29 AM
(19-01-2013 09:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(18-01-2013 02:21 AM)yumeji Wrote:  I know, it's Windows 8. Need it for my certifications at the moment.

Background is constantly rotating some insane number of NASA pictures of the day. [Edit: From here]
[Image: qpromv.jpg]
Ah stunning picture. It is of course NGC 2264 which is made up of the Fox Fur Nebula, the Cone Nebula, the Christmas Tree cluster and the Snowflake cluster.
It also contains Plasketts Star which is the second largest known binary star system. The largest being the Eta Carinae which is inside the Homunculus Nebula. (binary star system being when two stars orbit each other around a center point.)
Fun fact about binary stars actually, not many people know but Sirius is actually a binary star system. Sirius B as it was named is a tiny little white dwarf star that orbits it's large, visible (Sirius being the brightest star in our night sky due to it's relative size and proximity) neighbor, Sirius A. So typically when people talk about Sirius what they actually refer to is Sirius A.

You could easily made all this up and it still sounds cool and advanced. Fuck yeah, so smart. I like these words that sound good, but mean nothing like "binary", "cluster", "constellation"... I can make up words as well, "hramanckt". There.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
21-01-2013, 07:19 PM
(21-01-2013 03:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  
(19-01-2013 09:12 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ah stunning picture. It is of course NGC 2264 which is made up of the Fox Fur Nebula, the Cone Nebula, the Christmas Tree cluster and the Snowflake cluster.

You could easily made all this up and it still sounds cool and advanced. Fuck yeah, so smart. I like these words that sound good, but mean nothing like "binary", "cluster", "constellation"... I can make up words as well, "hramanckt". There.

Big Grin

Oh the uneducated.. Dodgy

Binary Star
Star Cluster
Constellation

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-01-2013, 05:20 AM
(21-01-2013 07:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-01-2013 03:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  You could easily made all this up and it still sounds cool and advanced. Fuck yeah, so smart. I like these words that sound good, but mean nothing like "binary", "cluster", "constellation"... I can make up words as well, "hramanckt". There.

Big Grin

Oh the uneducated.. Dodgy

Binary Star
Star Cluster
Constellation

Oh yeah? Well, hramanckt as well!!

Tongue

-Hunter S. Thompson