Showing people "funny" video's on your phone.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2015, 12:38 PM
RE: Showing people "funny" video's on your phone.
I just watch the first few seconds of the video and that say that I've already seen it and I didn't find it funny. Usually does the trick.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
30-05-2015, 07:57 PM
(30-05-2015 10:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 06:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  STOP IT!
They're not funny. When you say "watch this, it's the funniest thing ever" it instantly becomes not funny. Nobody wants to sit there crowded around a tiny screen watching some shitting video of some bodybuilder wearing a Bane mask heaving. NOBODY WANTS TO SEE THAT!

Also, videos longer than 7second vine videos... STOP IT!! Angry

Seriously, if you think you're being fun or/and funny you're not. It's annoying and gay.

This happens to me all the fucking time. Someone shoves a phone into my face and tells me I "gotta see this, it's the funniest thing ever" and proceed to show me a 7minute video that ISN'T FUNNY! and yet every time they think it's funny they smile and look up and stare at my face to see my reaction and so I gotta fake smile/fake laugh. IT'S FUCKING AWKWARD, STOP IT!!

You're not supposed to "fake smile/fake laugh."
You're supposed to say "this isn't funny, you're an idiot." It's likely the annoying person will not bother you again with this nonsense.
So in reality it's you own fault... Smile

Except I have to work with said person and said person is BFF with my boss.
So annoying said person = fewer shifts for Muffs which = no money = homelessness = meth addict = bugs under skin = scratching off skin = death

So I do sorta have too.

[Image: oscar.png]
30-05-2015, 08:01 PM
I don't have many friends with smart phones. Those who do are more addicted to a much larger screen....like a t.v or a computer desktop.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
31-05-2015, 11:19 AM
(30-05-2015 07:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 10:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  You're not supposed to "fake smile/fake laugh."
You're supposed to say "this isn't funny, you're an idiot." It's likely the annoying person will not bother you again with this nonsense.

So annoying said person = fewer shifts for Muffs which = no money = homelessness = meth addict = bugs under skin = scratching off skin = death

So I do sorta have too.
Then you'll have to kill this person and replace him as your bosses "BFF." It's the only solution you have left.
[+] 2 users Like Drunkin Druid's post
31-05-2015, 12:01 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 09:38 PM by kim.)
(30-05-2015 07:57 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(30-05-2015 10:08 AM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  You're not supposed to "fake smile/fake laugh."

So I do sorta have too.

Tell said person that looking at those small screens gives you a headache and your doctor has strongly advised you to refrain from this activity.

Further advise this person that you might be taking up a collection to pay for an MRI ... also recrecommended by your doctor.

You might get some sympathy and possibly money. All around win. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
31-05-2015, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2015 08:22 PM by cactus.)
(29-05-2015 06:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's annoying and gay.

Well, you lost me on that one...
but I agree that it's annoying when the video is like 5 minutes long, and the person showing me the video is watching me for my reaction, instead of watching the video. I'm just like "You're really going to sit there and watch me crack a forced smile for 5 minutes? This is going to be awkward."

I share funny videos with people IRL, but only if we're already huddled around my computer and watching it together. I would never stare at them while they're watching it, or pull out my phone in the middle of a restaurant with the volume turned up. Ugh, just no

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
31-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Quote:Well, you lost me on that one...

It's slang for bad/dumb. Duh... no need to be gay about it.

[Image: oscar.png]
01-06-2015, 07:43 AM
Re: Showing people "funny" video's on your phone.
Sometimes I do it on purpose. Suppose person A shows up at my house uninvited and invites themselves to stay... ALL DAMN DAY. Subtle hints don't work. Politely asking them to leave doesn't work. (Remember I'm trying not to be a complete douche nugget, as person A is related to my son.)

I break out my phone, and shove every obnoxious you-tube video I can find in her face. She quickly leaves. Twenty minutes, tops.

My boyfriend calls me an asshole. But, hey -it's worth it.
[+] 2 users Like mecanna's post
01-06-2015, 07:50 AM
(31-05-2015 10:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Well, you lost me on that one...

It's slang for bad/dumb. Duh... no need to be gay about it.

Yeah but "gay cunt" doesn't have the same ring as "dumb cunt."
And there is the Newfie way which is "stunned cunt." Smile
02-06-2015, 05:43 AM
(29-05-2015 07:35 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(29-05-2015 07:34 PM)jojorumbles Wrote:  Earmuffs, I just read your post in the voice of Stewie Griffin.

Who doesn't?

I should change my avatar to a picture of Morgan Freeman, just to see if people start reading everything I say in his voice.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post