Shrimp and it's chaotic aura!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2012, 11:37 PM
Shrimp and it's chaotic aura!
Hey guys, just bringing this to light for the theists(Christians) in the community...

Do you often enjoy things such as shrimp? Perhaps a nice lobster tail, or crab legs?

Well, I've got some pretty bad news for ya...

That stuff is unholy, and you are unraveling your god's ultimate plans for the future by indulging in such foods...

I'll direct you to your bibles now, to Leviticus 11:9-12
Quote:9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

As crustaceans has shells, not scales NOR fins - you are definitely not supposed to eat them, as they are unclean, and an abomination unto you.

Another passage you can read for definitive proof of this would be Deuteronomy 14:9-10
Quote:9 These ye shall eat of all that are in the waters: all that have fins and scales shall ye eat:
10 And whatsoever hath not fins and scales ye may not eat; it is unclean unto you.

Now, I know what you're thinking:
"Oh, Jordan, that's the Old Testament and no longer applies to us, thanks to Jesus' death on the cross - he even SAID the Old Testament doesn't matter thanks to Him!"

Well, you're wrong on that.

Where do you get the 10 Commandments? The Old Testament.
Where do you get the majority of your moral stature? The Old Testament.

Is that not enough for you?

Open your bible now to Matthew 5:17-18 (The New Testament):
Quote:17 "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
18 For assuredly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law, till all is fulfilled."

In summary of these two verses, Jesus himself claims the original Law (Old Testament) will remain in effect until all his plan is fulfilled. (Until after the second coming, as its known by you.)

Well, enjoy your shrimp scampi in peace tonight!

*Note: These are the verses from the NKJV of the Bible, and I'm unsure of NIV is any different.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jordan's post
19-02-2012, 11:39 PM
RE: Shrimp and it's chaotic aura!
Pinch the tail, suck the head, burn in hell!
19-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Sadly the New Testament does away with your otherwise wonderful "gotcha" moment.
Sad
Acts 10:9-16 (NASB)

9 On the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10 But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance; 11 and he saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground, 12 and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air. 13 A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” 14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.” 15 Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” 16 This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the [o]sky.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-02-2012, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 20-02-2012 12:00 AM by Jordan.)
(19-02-2012 11:43 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sadly the New Testament does away with your otherwise wonderful "gotcha" moment.
Sad
Acts 10:9-16 (NASB)

9 On the next day, as they were on their way and approaching the city, Peter went up on the housetop about the sixth hour to pray. 10 But he became hungry and was desiring to eat; but while they were making preparations, he fell into a trance; 11 and he saw the sky opened up, and an object like a great sheet coming down, lowered by four corners to the ground, 12 and there were in it all kinds of four-footed animals and crawling creatures of the earth and birds of the air. 13 A voice came to him, “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” 14 But Peter said, “By no means, Lord, for I have never eaten anything unholy and unclean.” 15 Again a voice came to him a second time, “What God has cleansed, no longer consider unholy.” 16 This happened three times, and immediately the object was taken up into the [o]sky.

That passage doesn't mention swimming creatures, only four-footed animals, creeping creatures, and birds.

Here's the actually passage (I'm reading from a physical NKJV bible, I mean no harm to you, nor am I calling you a liar, so don't take it that way!)

Acts 10:9-16
Quote: 9The next day, as they went on their journey and drew near the city, Peter went up on the housetop to pray, about the sixth hour.
10 Then he became very hungry, and wanted to eat; but while they made ready, he fell into a trance
11 and saw heaven opened opened and an object like a great sheet bound at the four corners, descending to him and let down to earth.
12 In it were all kinds of four-footed animals of the earth, wild beasts, creeping things, and birds of the air.
13 And a voice came to him, "Rise, Peter; kill and eat."
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord! For I have never eaten anything common or unclean."
15 And a voice spoke to him again the second time, "What God has cleansed you must not call common."
16 This was done three times. And the object was taken up into heaven again.

Also, stated elsewhere in the bible...

1 Corinthians 15:39
Quote:All flesh is not the same: Men have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another.

Exodus 21:35-36
Quote:"If a man's bull injures the bull of another and it dies, they are to sell the live one and divide both the money and the dead animal equally. However, if it was known that the bull had the habit of goring, yet the owner did not keep it penned up, the owner must pay, animal for animal, and the dead animal will be his.”

Note: If an Ox kills, he is not penalized, yet the owner of the Ox IS.

John 3:15-16
Quote:…everyone who believes in him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Note: Accepting Jesus is unique to human life only, animals are unable to be cleansed in his name.

Under the Christian god's word, those saved by Jesus are cleansed. The above biblical evidence supports the fact that animals are soulless in the Christian god's eyes, therefore, remain unclean, and in such, fall under my original statement of being an abomination, if not otherwise specifically cleansed in Acts 10:9-16 (Four-legged animals, birds, and wild beasts.)

Note: The NKJV Bible is the most widely accepted version in the Christian community, which is where this is all derived from.
[+] 1 user Likes Jordan's post
20-02-2012, 12:00 AM
Fair enough.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
20-02-2012, 12:03 AM
(20-02-2012 12:00 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Fair enough.

Fun mini-debate, thank you. Tongue
20-02-2012, 12:05 AM
(20-02-2012 12:03 AM)Jordan Wrote:  

Actually, I could go a lot deeper, but I gave up that life a long time ago and don't care to debate something that is meaningless. Smile

~Izel
20-02-2012, 12:16 AM
(20-02-2012 12:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

Actually, I could go a lot deeper, but I gave up that life a long time ago and don't care to debate something that is meaningless. Smile

It's most certainly not meaningless to a believer.
20-02-2012, 12:20 AM
(20-02-2012 12:16 AM)Jordan Wrote:  
(20-02-2012 12:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  

It's most certainly not meaningless to a believer.

It is. They just don't know it yet. Big Grin

~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
20-02-2012, 08:53 PM
No refrigeration.
Shellfish would spoil, people got sick, god must not want you to eat it.
Also with kosher. Can’t eat the back end of the cow. They shit from that side.
Pork has trichinosis if you under cook it. Need to pit cook through, but when you have little wood in a desert you can’t. Europeans didn't have this problem.

Hindus: Don’t eat the cows you’re dead relatives live in there.
Truth is this kept them from eating the “tractors” during famines so when it was over they could plant again.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.