Shroud of turin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2014, 01:53 AM
RE: Shroud of turin
(18-02-2014 01:33 AM)Dee Wrote:  It's my sports bra.
Obviously a blood sport Wink

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Oh, not this shit again. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
18-02-2014, 03:02 AM
(17-02-2014 07:39 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  No. it has not been debunked

Yes. It has. Rolleyes

Drinking Beverage

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
18-02-2014, 07:16 AM
(17-02-2014 06:55 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  ...give me your thoughts.

I love my Gwynnies! Big Grin

Oh, the shroud? It looks like a manufactured relic from the 14th century, it has been dated to the 14th century, so there it is.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
18-02-2014, 07:23 AM
"No. it has not been debunked"

Yup, and Bugs Bunny was real too. Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
18-02-2014, 07:32 AM
In medieval Germany there were 16 grave sights of the appostels to which people could go on pilgramige and pay money to pray.

Thing is...... there were only 12 appostels.

It is during that era of money grabbing that this shroud turned up - so I guess that answeres every question.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
18-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Re: Shroud of turin
It's authentic, like my 4 skulls of John the baptist

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 2 users Like ClydeLee's post
18-02-2014, 07:55 AM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2014 08:21 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(17-02-2014 07:39 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  No. I just didn't know it has been debunked

Fixt.
It's fits perfectly with the "camera obscura" experiments of Da Vinci, or at least experiments going on in Florence at his time. There are other examples of artists of that period doing exactly the same thing on paper. It also fits perfectly with the known historical patterns of (fake) relics, and they know where and when it "showed up", and who owned it. The image is probably a self-portrait, and it certainly is not an Aramaic 33 y.o. dude from the Galilee.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_obscura

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-02-2014, 08:04 AM
(18-02-2014 07:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 07:39 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  No. I just didn't know it has been debunked

Fixt.
It's fits perfectly with the "camera obscura" experiments of Da Vinci, or at least experiments going on in Florence at his time. There are other examples of artists of that period doing exactly the same thing on paper. It also fits perfectly with the known historical patterns of relics, and the they know where and when it "showed up", and who owned it. The image is probably a self-portrait, and it certainly is not an Aramaic 33 y.o. dude from [/u]the Galilee.

Yeah. I just say a Smithsonian vid about this guy doing it on cloth, and it looks near identical, in negative and under the microscope. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
18-02-2014, 08:55 AM
I've seen the Smithsonian video and it does not explain how the physical image could have been formed on the cloth. There are no pigments, dyes, paint, etc on the surface, and it remains a mystery. Not to mention the fact that microscopic plant pollens and limestone fragments were found in the cloth that can be traced back directly to first century Palestine. There's more to this if you are in fact a "thinking atheist". Open you minds to the possibility that there IS a God and that He may have left behind physical evidence of his Son's brief time here. Sound preposterous? So did many scientific facts a hundred years ago. I'm a "thinking Christiian" and would welcome any respectful exchange.

(18-02-2014 07:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Fixt.
It's fits perfectly with the "camera obscura" experiments of Da Vinci, or at least experiments going on in Florence at his time. There are other examples of artists of that period doing exactly the same thing on paper. It also fits perfectly with the known historical patterns of (fake) relics, and they know where and when it "showed up", and who owned it. The image is probably a self-portrait, and it certainly is not an Aramaic 33 y.o. dude from the Galilee.