Shroud of turin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-02-2014, 09:30 AM
RE: Shroud of turin
http://www.richarddawkins.net/news_artic...988-dating

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-02-2014, 09:32 AM
(17-02-2014 06:55 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Do you guys know what the shroud of Turin is if so give me your thoughts.
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vie...&start=120 and a website about it to learn up on.

Do you really think that spouting a line and posting a link to some bullshit brainwashing site is convincing to us? Are you really that fucking stupid?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
Find all posts by this user
18-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Yes, yes he is, it would appear...

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
18-02-2014, 09:39 AM
(18-02-2014 09:32 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 06:55 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  Do you guys know what the shroud of Turin is if so give me your thoughts.
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vie...&start=120 and a website about it to learn up on.

Do you really think that spouting a line and posting a link to some bullshit brainwashing site is convincing to us? Are you really that fucking stupid?

Not only is he that stupid but I think he believed that we had never heard of the Shroud of Turin let alone beat this horse to death many many times. At this point it is us pointing to all the evidence that shows this thing to be a fake and them sticking their fingers in their ears and screaming "Nu-uh!" as the op already did when this was pointed out.

[Image: 80d.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-02-2014, 10:26 AM
(18-02-2014 09:39 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  ....let alone beat this horse to death...

I don't think he has a horse. I think he's just beating his meat....Laughat

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
18-02-2014, 11:03 AM
(18-02-2014 08:55 AM)normanvincent Wrote:  I've seen the Smithsonian video and it does not explain how the physical image could have been formed on the cloth. There are no pigments, dyes, paint, etc on the surface, and it remains a mystery. Not to mention the fact that microscopic plant pollens and limestone fragments were found in the cloth that can be traced back directly to first century Palestine. There's more to this if you are in fact a "thinking atheist". Open you minds to the possibility that there IS a God and that He may have left behind physical evidence of his Son's brief time here. Sound preposterous? So did many scientific facts a hundred years ago. I'm a "thinking Christiian" and would welcome any respectful exchange.

(18-02-2014 07:55 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Fixt.
It's fits perfectly with the "camera obscura" experiments of Da Vinci, or at least experiments going on in Florence at his time. There are other examples of artists of that period doing exactly the same thing on paper. It also fits perfectly with the known historical patterns of (fake) relics, and they know where and when it "showed up", and who owned it. The image is probably a self-portrait, and it certainly is not an Aramaic 33 y.o. dude from the Galilee.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_obscura

Considering there was no Jesus, having his image on a cloth would be pretty miraculous. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-02-2014, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 18-02-2014 09:58 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(18-02-2014 08:55 AM)normanvincent Wrote:  I've seen the Smithsonian video and it does not explain how the physical image could have been formed on the cloth. There are no pigments, dyes, paint, etc on the surface, and it remains a mystery. Not to mention the fact that microscopic plant pollens and limestone fragments were found in the cloth that can be traced back directly to first century Palestine. There's more to this if you are in fact a "thinking atheist". Open you minds to the possibility that there IS a God and that He may have left behind physical evidence of his Son's brief time here. Sound preposterous? So did many scientific facts a hundred years ago. I'm a "thinking Christiian" and would welcome any respectful exchange.

Great. The answer to a question for which there is no answer is not "oh god did it". It's "let's keep looking for an answer".
You are not a "thinking Christian". You are an "I admitted I prematurely jumped to a conclusion" Christian.
You actually have such a lame god that the only physical evidence he leaves behind he can't even bother to preserve from two fires ?
One must be careful in opening one's mind, that one's brains don't fall out.
The image is NOT a 33 year old. It's NOT an Aramaic person. It's an OLD Italian male image. As iconography it fits perfectly with other known fake relics of the day.
Even assuming it's from a 1st Century burial, there is NO reason to even begin to think it the shroud of Yeshua ben Josef.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-02-2014, 12:32 PM

Do you know how not to type run on sentences and not combine questions into following sentences actually punctuation really makes it easier to understand someone's thoughts don't you agree I'd like your opinion.

(17-02-2014 07:39 PM)goldenmustache Wrote:  
(17-02-2014 06:57 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  There is a list of threads debunking this thing.

No. it has not been debunked

Yes. It has been debunked.
19-02-2014, 01:05 PM
(18-02-2014 07:52 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's authentic, like my 4 skulls of John the baptist

Fuck you for making me laugh while I'm trying to act all serious.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
19-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Quote:Thing is...... there were only 12 appostels.

Most likely there weren't any, TGAC. Just more bullshit invented to dazzle the dolts.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]