Shut up! I am talking about human rights here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2013, 11:02 AM
RE: Shut up! I am talking about human rights here!
(12-06-2013 10:50 AM)nach_in Wrote:  human rights are an imperialist lie... a good and beneficial lie, but a lie anyway Sad

That's a very odd statement. How did you get there?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2013, 11:21 AM
(12-06-2013 11:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 10:50 AM)nach_in Wrote:  human rights are an imperialist lie... a good and beneficial lie, but a lie anyway Sad

That's a very odd statement. How did you get there?

I took a Human Rights seminar at my uni. Conclusion, the only way to justify human rights is by accepting they're made to fulfill specific interests (mainly political ones), which benefit the most central countries (US and western Europe).

I'm not saying they're bad, actually I think they're good, but they're not based on "human dignity" or anything like that, and are not universal as some say. In many aspects HR are like religious moral codes, overall good, but based and enforced on a lie.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
Find all posts by this user
12-06-2013, 11:26 AM
(12-06-2013 11:21 AM)nach_in Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  That's a very odd statement. How did you get there?

I took a Human Rights seminar at my uni. Conclusion, the only way to justify human rights is by accepting they're made to fulfill specific interests (mainly political ones), which benefit the most central countries (US and western Europe).

I'm not saying they're bad, actually I think they're good, but they're not based on "human dignity" or anything like that, and are not universal as some say. In many aspects HR are like religious moral codes, overall good, but based and enforced on a lie.

Can't say as I agree with that thinking. Human rights benefit people, not states.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
12-06-2013, 11:29 AM
(12-06-2013 11:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:21 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I took a Human Rights seminar at my uni. Conclusion, the only way to justify human rights is by accepting they're made to fulfill specific interests (mainly political ones), which benefit the most central countries (US and western Europe).

Can't say as I agree with that thinking. Human rights benefit people, not states.

Some states can use HR to enforce policies on other states, thus benefiting themselves. They can be interpreted as any other piece of law to accommodate almost any interest you want.

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
12-06-2013, 11:30 AM
(12-06-2013 11:26 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 11:21 AM)nach_in Wrote:  I took a Human Rights seminar at my uni. Conclusion, the only way to justify human rights is by accepting they're made to fulfill specific interests (mainly political ones), which benefit the most central countries (US and western Europe).

Yes, generally speaking Human rights limit the state and the goal is to level the playing field as much as possible.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-06-2013, 01:53 AM
(12-06-2013 02:38 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 12:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Japan was the shortest I've seen so far. 1 page.

Bonzai!!!!!!!

Did it mention the kamikase bombers and suicide stuff that happened in WW2? What about all the war crimes Japan turned a blind eye to after the war?

The indoctrination that enabled this kind of behaviour could be considered a human rights violation.

Its an annual report! So none of these thing are in any way relevant.

Legal Disclaimer: I am right, I reserve the right to be wrong without notice, opinions may change, your statutory rights are not affected, opinions expressed are not my own and are an approximation for the sake of communication.
13-06-2013, 02:08 AM
(13-06-2013 01:53 AM)Humakt Wrote:  
(12-06-2013 02:38 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Bonzai!!!!!!!

Did it mention the kamikase bombers and suicide stuff that happened in WW2? What about all the war crimes Japan turned a blind eye to after the war?

The indoctrination that enabled this kind of behaviour could be considered a human rights violation.

Its an annual report! So none of these thing are in any way relevant.

Yes, none of these were done in the last year.

But what about high government officials' continuing public denying of such war crimes convicted on the Far East International Court? Nothing relevant?

Want something? Then do something.
13-06-2013, 02:26 AM
(13-06-2013 02:08 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 01:53 AM)Humakt Wrote:  Its an annual report! So none of these thing are in any way relevant.

Yes, none of these were done in the last year.

But what about high government officials' continuing public denying of such war crimes convicted on the Far East International Court? Nothing relevant?

In relation to this no it has no relevance. It is relevant to diplomatic relations with other countries but not human rights violations last year.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
13-06-2013, 02:31 AM
(13-06-2013 02:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 02:08 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Yes, none of these were done in the last year.

In relation to this no it has no relevance. It is relevant to diplomatic relations with other countries but not human rights violations last year.

Good. I wish my Foreign Department Affairs officials had said similar things about the Boston Bombing, like not a tragic event but a desperate struggle of mistreated minority immigrants. Nothing relevant to human rights violations, I guess.

Want something? Then do something.
13-06-2013, 03:26 AM
(13-06-2013 02:31 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(13-06-2013 02:26 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In relation to this no it has no relevance. It is relevant to diplomatic relations with other countries but not human rights violations last year.

Good. I wish my Foreign Department Affairs officials had said similar things about the Boston Bombing, like not a tragic event but a desperate struggle of mistreated minority immigrants. Nothing relevant to human rights violations, I guess.

Way to make you point using rational thought and evidence. Gold star. But how exactly is the boston marathon bombing related to a UN study of Human rights violations? My point was not that the Japanese are in the right for doing what you claim (I don't know and am not inclined to fact check right now so will let the point stand uncontested) but rather that it does not have relevance to the current discussion.