Sick as Hell, Any Advice?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2017, 08:39 PM
Sick as Hell, Any Advice?
I've been sick with a very bad cold for almost a week, and it only seems to be getting worse. Any advice? Apologies if this comes off super needy.

It's alright to laugh at me, I've been laughing at myself for years.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: Sick as Hell, Any Advice?
Sorry you are sick. Getting lots of rest and loading up on vitamin c usually helps me. Not feeling too good myself right now and that's what I'm doing--going to bed early and right now drinking a Mega Mango smoothie from Jamba Juice.

And if it gets worse, maybe a trip to the dr.
07-02-2017, 08:45 PM
If it's a virus you'll have to ride it out. Get rest and fluids. If it's just a cold, hit the clinic or ER. They will prescribe antibiotics.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
07-02-2017, 08:45 PM
(07-02-2017 08:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sorry you are sick. Getting lots of rest and loading up on vitamin c usually helps me. Not feeling too good myself right now and that's what I'm doing--going to bed early and right now drinking a Mega Mango smoothie from Jamba Juice.

A smoothie sounds absolutely lovely right now, haha. My mom said she might make me an appointment for the doctor, I'm pretty nervous. I've had a lot of bad experiences at the hospital, and had to spend a lot of time there.

07-02-2017, 08:47 PM
(07-02-2017 08:45 PM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  
(07-02-2017 08:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Sorry you are sick. Getting lots of rest and loading up on vitamin c usually helps me. Not feeling too good myself right now and that's what I'm doing--going to bed early and right now drinking a Mega Mango smoothie from Jamba Juice.

A smoothie sounds absolutely lovely right now, haha. My mom said she might make me an appointment for the doctor, I'm pretty nervous. I've had a lot of bad experiences at the hospital, and had to spend a lot of time there.

I'm sure it will be okay. It's cold and flu season, so more than likely that's all it is. You'll be in and out.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
07-02-2017, 08:49 PM
(07-02-2017 08:39 PM)ScarletStormBreaker Wrote:  I've been sick with a very bad cold for almost a week, and it only seems to be getting worse. Any advice? Apologies if this comes off super needy.

Remember to put on a clean pillowcase before bed tonight. I got over nine hours of sleep last night, kept waking up to find my pillow soaked with the fluids leaking from multiple parts of my face. Fucking gross.

I think I actually got hit back to back with this gunk that's been going around at work, funny enough neither of the kids got it, that's usually where I catch it from. I'm two weeks in feeling like hammered dog shit. I feel your pain.

I did get to take half a day off last week because the boss felt bad for me, other than that it's been dayquil and pure will. I think I'm on the downhill slope though.

Good luck.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
07-02-2017, 09:00 PM
Sleep, plenty of fluids, and a good blanket to cover up with? Hopefully the doc appointment goes well and they at least give you something to help with the symptoms.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-02-2017, 09:34 PM
Thank you for the help so far everyone. I appreciate it. Haha, if only had a better way to thank you guys.

07-02-2017, 09:36 PM
(07-02-2017 08:45 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  If it's a virus you'll have to ride it out. Get rest and fluids. If it's just a cold, hit the clinic or ER. They will prescribe antibiotics.

Antibiotics won't help a cold.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-02-2017, 09:38 PM
But if it's a strep throat, or strep infection, you could have pneumonia and NEED an antibiotic. You should stop by a Minute Clinic or CVS Pharmacy for a Quick Strep test. Takes 2 minutes.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post