Sick of Bill O'Reilly

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Sick of Bill O'Reilly
It seems that all of my in-laws and family members have found Bill O'Reilly to be the best author they've ever read and that I should read all of his books. Dodgy I have no interest reading his stuff and even less debating it with these people. (Faux News has infiltrated their minds).

Fortunately religion isn't the issue, but this O'Reilly crap is beginning to annoy me. Saying thanks but I'm not interested seems to open the door for them to start describing the books to me. How do I get off this topic?

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Sick of Bill O'Reilly
Talk about an author you do like.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
06-06-2015, 08:24 PM
(06-06-2015 08:03 PM)quoin Wrote:  ...
How do I get off this topic?

If it's a persistent nuisance and becoming a incessant source or boredom, the only effective way to deal with it permanently is to stamp it out (like with a vermin problem).

To be a qualified vermin-exterminator, one needs to know thine enemy. Become the expert who will bore everyone else. Become a BO'R bore.

In the case of this particularly vermin, I don't think you have to read all his books; you just have to know one or two in more detail than the BO'R fans.

You need to know enough to be able to ask what Bill meant when he proclaimed xxx to be true when there is evidence to the contrary.

It's a bit like the bible... no need to memorise the whole thing ... just demonstrate that you know it well enough to show it's crap.

People will stop talking about pretty soon.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-06-2015, 08:57 PM
Every time they bring him up, ask if they heard how he lost custody to his kids over domestic abuse. Just keep saying it over and over. Eventually, they will stop bringing him up.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
06-06-2015, 09:13 PM
(06-06-2015 08:57 PM)BnW Wrote:  Every time they bring him up, ask if they heard how he lost custody to his kids over domestic abuse. Just keep saying it over and over. Eventually, they will stop bringing him up.

And that makes his arguments invalid, how?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
06-06-2015, 09:14 PM
(06-06-2015 09:13 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(06-06-2015 08:57 PM)BnW Wrote:  Every time they bring him up, ask if they heard how he lost custody to his kids over domestic abuse. Just keep saying it over and over. Eventually, they will stop bringing him up.

And that makes his arguments invalid, how?

Consider

Because he bases his position on that of his superior morality.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
06-06-2015, 09:18 PM
It has nothing to do with his opinions. It's just away to combat annoying with more annoying.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
06-06-2015, 09:26 PM
You could remind them that they marvel at the intellect of a guy who doesn't know how tides work. Smile
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
06-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Set this as your ringtone.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
07-06-2015, 01:03 AM
Quote:It seems that all of my in-laws and family members have found Bill O'Reilly to be the best author

It seems to me that your problem is not O'Reilly....

Yes, he's an asshole. It's a requirement to work at FUX News. But you seem to have a family which spends way too much time watching right-wing shit.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!