07-06-2015, 01:14 AM
RE: Sick of Bill O'Reilly
You're sick of Bill O'Reilly?

Take a number, get in line.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2015, 06:15 AM
(06-06-2015 08:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  (like with a vermin problem).

To be a qualified vermin-exterminator, one needs to know thine enemy. Become the expert who will bore everyone else. Become a BO'R bore.

In the case of this particularly vermin, I don't think you have to read all his books; you just have to know one or two in more detail than the BO'R fans.

He does have a vermin-like countenance. Yes I looked at a few things this morning so I can have a couple of talking points. We don't have a lot of debates on things.

(07-06-2015 01:03 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:It seems that all of my in-laws and family members have found Bill O'Reilly to be the best author

It seems to me that your problem is not O'Reilly....

Yes, he's an asshole. It's a requirement to work at FUX News. But you seem to have a family which spends way too much time watching right-wing shit.
Yes, it is a symptom of a much larger disease. I cringe at the Fox talking points that come out of their mouths verbatim. I have found that questioning why they think that way usually shuts some of it down because they really haven't thought much about it.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
[+] 1 user Likes quoin's post
07-06-2015, 08:11 AM
(06-06-2015 08:24 PM)DLJ Wrote:  To be a qualified vermin-exterminator, one needs to know thine enemy. Become the expert who will bore everyone else. Become a BO'R bore.

Kinda like the Boer War. Popcorn

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
07-06-2015, 08:14 AM
The world would be boring without BillO

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
07-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Serious question: Who is this Bill O'Reilly guy? Honestly I don't know, but from the video clips I've seen with his face on them, he seems like a mega-douche, so I guess I'll continue not paying attention to him.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-06-2015, 03:03 PM
I thought part of the job description for being a Faux news presenter was to be an obnoxious, right-wing bible thumper? A professional troll if you must Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
07-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Punch them in the face and don't stop until you can't lift your arms.
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
08-06-2015, 11:02 AM
(07-06-2015 08:22 AM)cactus Wrote:  Serious question: Who is this Bill O'Reilly guy? Honestly I don't know, but from the video clips I've seen with his face on them, he seems like a mega-douche, so I guess I'll continue not paying attention to him.
How I long for those days of blissful ignorance.

(07-06-2015 07:32 PM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Punch them in the face and don't stop until you can't lift your arms.
As tempting as this may be, I don't believe in corporal punishment for the mentally afflicted. And it is against my moral code* to beat up old people.

I have finally decided my answer will be that I'm not interested in historical fiction. I'm thinking they will drop the subject quickly. If not, then I can bring up what I'm currently reading. Either a group of early short stories by the late, great Terry Pratchett or a book about the funeral industry. Both will confuse them greatly.

* I will leave the debate as to whether I can have morals without the imaginary friends to the stronger debaters in the more serious forums.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
08-06-2015, 12:35 PM
Keep copies of this in your bag and pull one out anytime that happens. Wink

[Image: God_is_not_great_zpshodjtm8w.jpg]

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
08-06-2015, 12:35 PM
(06-06-2015 08:03 PM)quoin Wrote:  It seems that all of my in-laws and family members have found Bill O'Reilly to be the best author they've ever read and that I should read all of his books. Dodgy I have no interest reading his stuff and even less debating it with these people. (Faux News has infiltrated their minds).

Fortunately religion isn't the issue, but this O'Reilly crap is beginning to annoy me. Saying thanks but I'm not interested seems to open the door for them to start describing the books to me. How do I get off this topic?

Burn one of his books at the next BBQ while you read Hitchens.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick