Sick of it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-12-2013, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 29-12-2013 01:44 PM by Anjele.)
RE: Sick of it.
Free Thought,
Lots of great advice here and good people that care about you.

From what I have seen on the forum you are a smart and articulate young man. I know that it's easier for some of use to type out interaction as opposed to real time face-to-face interaction. Once you speak something, you can't edit it. The only way to get more comfortable with interaction with people in real life is to do it. Start small, little pleasantries at a store...things like that. I still have to remind myself to speak other than what is required when I go to a store...it helps me to at least try some type of personal interaction even if it's as simple as wishing someone a good day. A little bit practice and a little bit fake it till you make it.

When my mind gets stuck in a loop of negative thoughts or I am dwelling on something, I have learned to distract myself. Find something to do that I haven't done in a while or just plug in the headphones and listen to something loud enough to drown out the loop.

I can't understand what you are dealing with as far as your vision issues are concerned but I understand having a health issue that is hanging over your head. There are times that I succumb to worries about the cancer coming back, and I think that's not a totally bad thing. I do need to spend some mental energy thinking about how I would handle that. But I have found that it isn't productive for the threat of recurrence to color every move I make. So if I find myself stressing about it, I set a time limit for myself then force myself to redirect my thoughts.

And don't let pride or the worry of 'showing weakness' keep you from seeking help. We all need a little help at some point in our lives.

We are here, you are obviously a well-liked member here. Come here and vent.

A

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
29-12-2013, 04:05 PM
Thanks guys, feels good to know people do get it, at least somewhat. Feels good to be open like that, better to read other's opinions on it. Feels best to know that there is somewhere in this rock that I can feel appreciated and with friends.
Though I think I might have to avoid this thread for a while, keep getting damn warm fuzzy feelings and tears out of nowhere rolling down my face.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
29-12-2013, 04:14 PM
(29-12-2013 04:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ...
and with friends.

Well, I wouldn't go that far.

Wink

Did that fix the leak?

Tongue

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-12-2013, 04:30 PM
(29-12-2013 04:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... I can feel appreciated and with friends. ...

Uh... Consider

exactly... who are you, again?

Blink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
29-12-2013, 04:42 PM
(29-12-2013 04:30 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-12-2013 04:05 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... I can feel appreciated and with friends. ...

Uh... Consider

exactly... who are you, again?

Blink

I think I need to report your post to a Mod.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post