Side yodeling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Music Side yodeling
Probably the craziest thing I've ever seen. The human voice is a tremendously beautiful thing if you know how to use it. Big Grin

A man demonstrating the basics of side yodeling:

A young lady actually singing with the technique; she's appeared on the news due to the attention her voice has found her on the internet:

still really sad that zayne left one direction like you guys don't even know
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2013, 05:20 PM
RE: Side yodeling
Neat, thanks for sharing :-)
15-10-2013, 05:32 PM
She sounds just like she's autotuned. Normally autotuning annoys the crap out of me, but the side yodeling is a pretty cool technique. She sounds great.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
15-10-2013, 06:03 PM
(15-10-2013 05:32 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  She sounds just like she's autotuned. Normally autotuning annoys the crap out of me, but the side yodeling is a pretty cool technique. She sounds great.

At first she was questioned and criticized, but after preforming for Ellen and ABC, a lot of people looked into side yodeling, the opposite of yodeling. When asked if she could sing in a voice without side yodeling, I think she responded no.

still really sad that zayne left one direction like you guys don't even know
15-10-2013, 06:08 PM
(15-10-2013 06:03 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  When asked if she could sing in a voice without side yodeling, I think she responded no.

That's too bad, she's got a beautiful voice regardless.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco