Siggas on atheists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2011, 01:19 AM
Siggas on atheists
http://www.youtube.com/user/dcigs
One of my favorite youtube comedians has little to say about atheists, but he includes this phrase in a lot of his videos;
"All have a blessed day. Unless you an atheist then have a tree day."

I'm not sure what to think about it. I think I think it's cool.
Cool

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2011, 03:00 PM
RE: Siggas on atheists
What's that supposed to mean anyway ? "a tree day "
09-01-2011, 03:15 PM
(09-01-2011 03:00 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  What's that supposed to mean anyway ? "a tree day "

I'm guessing it's because we believe we were created naturally(or to be reworded, nature created us) in stead of god, and a tree would symbolize nature. I think, that or it is just something completely random.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
09-01-2011, 03:55 PM
One time when people were making fun of the fact that I am an atheist one of them said that atheist believe that when you die that we turn into trees. It was really weird and ignorant. But I guess that there are losers out their that actually think that we believe we turn into trees when we die.
09-01-2011, 05:27 PM
We turn into trees when we die ? WTF - seriously some people are very ignorant.
Come to think of it I saw a comedian on youtube playing the same argument.

It's plain and simple that we are energy that for a short time takes the shape of human beings.We have always existed, since the universe has this shape , our energy has drifted in different shapes or forms and it will continue to do so.The universe has a small opportunity to see itself from human eyes - I hope it enjoys it.(NO , I am not a deist Tongue)
09-01-2011, 07:09 PM
It was Dane Cook that did the bit about atheists turning into trees when they die. I know that comedians aren't out to be politically correct, but is it just me, or does Cook seem particularly mean towards atheists in this bit?

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
10-01-2011, 06:06 AM
The only time atheist comedy gets an applause is on Real Time with Bill Maher or a George Carlin standup.

Cook tends to gear every show towards getting the women to like him, so he appeals as this mama's boy, sensitive (another bit in that show was about how good to feels to cry) christian.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
10-01-2011, 08:20 AM
I think I'll turn into a tree when I die ;P

At least I believe that the thing in my wallet that says "Plant an acorn on my grave if I die" will allow a tree to use my rotten remains for nutrients. :3

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
10-01-2011, 09:47 AM
(10-01-2011 08:20 AM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  I think I'll turn into a tree when I die ;P

At least I believe that the thing in my wallet that says "Plant an acorn on my grave if I die" will allow a tree to use my rotten remains for nutrients. :3

I'm going into cryo storage , if not for ressurection then at least to make a nice exhibit for future generations - PS : They found the aging gene , we may not die after all.
10-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Ok if I start now, if I get a job that is say twice as good as my current job, I can pay for cryo in 249 years :3

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.