Signatures you admire or tell us about your own.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Signatures you admire or tell us about your own.
So I just noticed this one on Anjele's signature:

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

(This would probably be more impressive if I was more adept at posting a screenshot.)

Anyhow what I like about this one is I share the sentiment. I can be plenty social but only with an adequate dose of solitude. I'm fortunate to be married to a workaholic who loves what she does. It looks as though she just sucks at being retired but she likes it. People think I must be a drudge to make a big garden the way I have but that's just me doing what I want to do. Given we both have our obsessions I get the solitude I need and want. She even takes trips frequently enough to give me time to march to my own drummer. To me that makes togetherness work, even something to look forward to.

Hey, maybe I'll actually make a signature line here now. Can't decide whether to use the same one I use at AF.org or go with something else. Let me sleep on it.

“Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder 'why, why, why?'
Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.”

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like whateverist's post
20-12-2016, 10:55 PM
RE: Signatures you admire or tell us about your own.
I really like Whiskey Debate's signature:

"When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with."

First of all I love Shakespeare, it's poetic but still simple and to the point. Also Whiskey tends to write in a very straight forward way that is reasonable.

I've only had a couple of signatures on here and I don't remember the first one I had...oh actually I think it was the quote "Kill one man you're a murderer, kill a thousand you're a king, kill them all you're a God."

I just love that quote, it's simple and it really makes you realize how a powerful being can't really relate to a subjective human's experience of reality. We will die but this God can't die so what is death to them? Of course it can open the door to many other questions especially with the Abrahamic God and his whole flood thing, like seriously, you're just gonna kill everyone and that's ok because you're God. What a jerk.

My current signature is Carl Sagan, he's awesome, the end.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
20-12-2016, 11:13 PM
It's a play on the quote "I believe because it is absurd."

[+] 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
20-12-2016, 11:22 PM
My current sig is from Robert Plant's "Mighty Rearranger" album-

"I think there may be...a war in heaven
Paradise beneath the smoking gun
As every saint and small town saviour
Race to justify their chosen one"
~ Robert Plant, Another Tribe

Pretty much says what religion holds in store. I recall a sermon many years ago where the priest talked about messiahs not being respected in their home towns. What I got from that sermon was that the locals knew the guy had "issues".

True story. I know a guy who bought a red caftan at a thrift shop, and proceeded to tell people's fortunes on the street (London, England). He actually gained a following as he walked around, telling fortunes. He told a gal her fortune about one of her brother's death, and she freaked out. He realized that she had accepted him as some sort of seer (he's actually an atheist) and tried to convince her that he really hadn't seen the death of her brother. She just claimed that he was saying that to make her feel better. He high-tailed it out and got rid of the caftan.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
21-12-2016, 01:14 AM
Perhaps not surprisingly mine own. It need no interpretation to understand it and at least from my pov it tells it like it is. God on top of the heavenly hierarchy is nothing more than tool of social manipulation and for man to be free he should be cast down, just like those who claim rule by his agreement.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
21-12-2016, 10:07 AM
My signature is a translated verse from a song called fried noodles by papa franku

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
21-12-2016, 04:04 PM
John Hancock's was pretty impressive.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
21-12-2016, 05:33 PM
(21-12-2016 04:04 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  John Hancock's was pretty impressive.

Dammit, you stole my line.
21-12-2016, 05:39 PM
My signature is a cat tripping balls on acid.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
21-12-2016, 05:40 PM
Piece from Joel Chasnoff's book, The 188th Crybaby Brigade: A Skinny Jewish Kid Fights Hezbollah. Good read and humorous.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade