Signed up for Spring semester

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Signed up for Spring semester
Going to take three classes next semester. Will be busy, two face-to-face classes and one online. Then if the classes I need are available next school year, I may actually graduate in 2014. Thumbsup

This semester I have classes on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 7-9:45, by the time Friday rolls around I am dead on my feet. So next semester I will be at school on Monday and Thursday nights...should be better that way.

Finals the week of the 10th then five weeks off! YAY!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-11-2012, 07:50 AM
RE: Signed up for Spring semester
(28-11-2012 07:13 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Going to take three classes next semester. Will be busy, two face-to-face classes and one online. Then if the classes I need are available next school year, I may actually graduate in 2014. Thumbsup

This semester I have classes on Wednesday and Thursday nights from 7-9:45, by the time Friday rolls around I am dead on my feet. So next semester I will be at school on Monday and Thursday nights...should be better that way.

Finals the week of the 10th then five weeks off! YAY!
What school are you attending? and what are you majoring in?
28-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Going to Collin part time...working on an AA in Criminal Justice....not sure where I may transfer to after that. Collin offers several upper level Criminal Justice classes too, may as well take them there since it's a lot cheaper and do transfer to a four year degree.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
28-11-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm registered for the spring semester at my school as well. I didn't get a chance to go this semester because it took too long to transfer to a different military education program. I personally hate online classes. I've taken several in the past. I never felt like I had a sense of purpose since I didn't have to regularly attended physical classes or see the teacher face-to-face. I always waited until the last possible minute to do my assignments. I'm not normally like that. I usually try to give myself plenty of time to do my work.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2012, 11:20 AM
I am pretty disciplined with the online classes. Just a few months after I started school I was diagnosed with breast cancer and had to go through a couple surgeries so switching to online classes allowed me to keep attending school. Now I tend to take both because I did miss the interaction of the classroom. I actually tend to finish online classes faster, if it's allowed.

28-11-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had breast cancer. My grandmother had it twice, and my cousin died earlier this year of it. I guess online classes would be a plus for someone in your situation. I personally like the social interaction of a physical class. I see that you are going for Criminal Justice. I actually broke the tradition of becoming a cop (or at least doing something related to law enforcement) in my family. I originally thought about doing forensic anthropology in the past, but I pursued Chinese for a number of years. I recently switched my major to physical anthropology with an emphasis on primates.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks, I am good...three years cancer free and planning on many more.

I went for Criminal Justice because I am a true crime junkie and the school I go to doesn't offer many psych classes, studying crime and criminals touches on that some.

It's not like, at my age, I will be making a big career change. I could have gone with accounting but I am a bookkeeper and wanted to learn something completely different, I just needed a major that would hold my interest. It's just always been my dream to go to college, so I am!

30-11-2012, 03:42 PM
(28-11-2012 09:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Going to Collin part time...working on an AA in Criminal Justice....not sure where I may transfer to after that. Collin offers several upper level Criminal Justice classes too, may as well take them there since it's a lot cheaper and do transfer to a four year degree.
On the weekends, including tonight I attend school on how to act a fool in Down Town Dallas, sounds like one day our professions will force us to meet...

Drinking Beverage
30-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Might not want to do anything too crazy, I hear the Dallas jail really sucks.

01-12-2012, 08:45 PM
(30-11-2012 05:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Might not want to do anything too crazy, I hear the Dallas jail really sucks.
"from what I hear" Cool The food in the jails downtown is really shitty. They serve that nasty tang shit, which is kind of ironic that Tang is mainly served at church camps and jails.