Signing Christian.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2010, 06:40 PM
RE: Signing Christian.
Schools.

Found another reason. The fact that in Britain children will be excluded from over 1/3 of British schools if their parents are atheists. Richard Dawkins has made a documentary about this called "Faith School Menace"
The Church going population of the UK is 7%, though as there is discrimination against atheists in the school system, many people will attend church so that their children can have a school within easy walking distance.

I'd recommend keeping an eye out for this documentary.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2010, 03:29 AM

(01-09-2010 06:40 PM)Cetaceaphile Wrote:  Schools.

Found another reason. The fact that in Britain children will be excluded from over 1/3 of British schools if their parents are atheists. Richard Dawkins has made a documentary about this called "Faith School Menace"
The Church going population of the UK is 7%, though as there is discrimination against atheists in the school system, many people will attend church so that their children can have a school within easy walking distance.

I'd recommend keeping an eye out for this documentary.

In the United States, our Supreme court has guaranteed that freedom of religion is just as important as freedom FROM religion. that means that things such as the anti-blasphemy law can't be passed where I am from. There are things in my country that mirror the anti-blasphemy law, but they are mostly archaic and belong to local communities where free thinkers have not yet stood up and protested the law (Or, as is the case in some states, the law there simply is not enforced in that matter).

Consequently, unless the school both singles itself out as a religious institution and counts itself as a private academy , religion can not be used as a requirement for education. Public schools are just that...open to the public, whatever their view.

I hope that the UK comes around to that point of view. I really do. reading your post, I had a memory of watching (and reading) "V for Vendetta".

if you haven't watched it (or better yet, read it), i recommend you do so. It paints a grisly picture of a theocratic England in the near future.
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2010, 08:30 AM
Quote:The fact that in Britain children will be excluded from over 1/3 of British schools if their parents are atheists.
And thats completely legal?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
02-09-2010, 02:22 PM
(02-09-2010 08:30 AM)Kikko Wrote:  
Quote:The fact that in Britain children will be excluded from over 1/3 of British schools if their parents are atheists.
And thats completely legal?

Yes.

What people get for living in a country that rejected it's constitution.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.