Signs of the return of-- nevermind

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2016, 11:28 AM
Signs of the return of-- nevermind
So Jesus did expect his second coming to be in the lifetimes of his disciples, as far as I know. I've read many excuses about the verses in question, some more confusing than others, but one particular comment I saw was interesting.

Essentially this person said that when Jesus said "there are some here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom," he was talking about his first arrival into heaven and not his return, his ascension, which means that his prediction was still correct because his disciples were still alive to see that.

Facepalm I... no...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-11-2016, 11:37 AM
RE: Signs of the return of-- nevermind
Rational thought ---

Jesus's Kryptonite.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Jesus is coming. He's a-comin' fer yer jeeeerrrrbs
[Image: 832a6ce622af2528a9db49cde19ab157.jpg]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
13-11-2016, 11:47 AM
There are some rather reputable scientists who think the first human to live to 1000 years has already been born. I only hope I'm alive to see the coming of this son of man.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
13-11-2016, 11:53 AM
(13-11-2016 11:28 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  So Jesus did expect his second coming to be in the lifetimes of his disciples, as far as I know. I've read many excuses about the verses in question, some more confusing than others, but one particular comment I saw was interesting.

Essentially this person said that when Jesus said "there are some here who will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom," he was talking about his first arrival into heaven and not his return, his ascension, which means that his prediction was still correct because his disciples were still alive to see that.

Facepalm I... no...

Ah, but you forget about the Wandering Jew, who is still alive today, and thus the prophesy may still be fulfilled.

Dodgy
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
13-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Really, though, that's the first time I've seen someone say that Jesus was actually predicting his ascension into heaven instead of his return, so it was accurate. Blink

I get the feeling there's a reason the more scholarly stuff I'm reading doesn't back that assertion. Laugh out load
13-11-2016, 12:09 PM
I hope Jesus at least cleans up after he's done coming. Are there tissues in heaven?
13-11-2016, 12:11 PM
(13-11-2016 11:53 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(13-11-2016 11:28 AM)Diddlyboop Wrote:  So Jesus did expect his second coming to be in the lifetimes of his disciples, as far as I know. I've read many excuses about the verses in question, some more confusing than others, but one particular comment I saw was interesting.

Facepalm I... no...

Ah, but you forget about the Wandering Jew, who is still alive today, and thus the prophesy may still be fulfilled.

Dodgy

Haha! I was looking for that reference, amazing these excuses that they'll come up with.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
13-11-2016, 01:28 PM
It's hard to return to a place you've never been.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results