Signs seen on road trips

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2017, 04:08 PM
Signs seen on road trips
We went on a short road trip to Oklahoma today and came across a couple interesting signs. The first an odd advertising combination and the other most likely a translation that went a little wrong.

[Image: 28tddnd.jpg]

[Image: 2yud1s5.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
03-07-2017, 07:39 PM
RE: Signs seen on road trips
I travelled through the buckle of the bible belt on our way to a family reunion and counted at least 50+ christian ads and even more anti-abortion signs.

Wish I saw more like these Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
03-07-2017, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2017 09:20 PM by Dom.)
Saw a new sign on a trip to town - we now have a Cowboy Church

Quote: There are some cowboy churches that are an outgrowth of ministries to professional rodeo or team roping events, while the roots of many can be traced back to ministry events associated with ranch rodeos, ranch horse competitions, chuck wagon cooking competitions, cowboy poetry gatherings and other “cowboy culture” events. But to be a cowboy church it has been said that a church must have five characteristics: non-denominational, no offerings collected or solicited, no membership, no dress code, and held in non-traditional settings

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Last Shop - Crossing The Nullarbor - Australia...

[Image: l]

This sign is located at one of the very few wayside stops along the Eyre Highway, which connects Sydney/Melbourne/Adelaide with Perth in Western Australia. It's around 3,125km Melbourne to Perth, a trip which I've made around 9 times.

(I do think they're exaggerating the 1,000km distance though, but it looks good, and every tourist takes its picture.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post
04-07-2017, 04:09 AM
(03-07-2017 09:16 PM)Dom Wrote:  Saw a new sign on a trip to town - we now have a Cowboy Church

Quote: There are some cowboy churches that are an outgrowth of ministries to professional rodeo or team roping events, while the roots of many can be traced back to ministry events associated with ranch rodeos, ranch horse competitions, chuck wagon cooking competitions, cowboy poetry gatherings and other “cowboy culture” events. But to be a cowboy church it has been said that a church must have five characteristics: non-denominational, no offerings collected or solicited, no membership, no dress code, and held in non-traditional settings

Oh yeah, there are cowboy churches around here. We passed one on our trip.

I would like to know the story behind I sticker I saw yesterday on the back window of an older SUV. It said "Outcast 4 Christ". Blink

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
04-07-2017, 04:14 AM
The toy and action figure museum? SWEET!!

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
04-07-2017, 06:45 PM
There's a dodgy one on my round trip to the grocery store, I really should take a photo.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-07-2017, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2017 07:42 PM by outtathereligioncloset.)
Sadly, this one ran its course and is gone now. But I still love it on so many levels and am sooooo glad I took a picture of it before it was gone!

I just especially love how he is holding a pair of nuts. And it still shocks me that it was a billboard right here in Tinytown!

I hope you can see it...    

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 3 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post