Silly Biologists

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 01:33 PM
Silly Biologists
Biologists think by sticking an EEG on someones's head and seeing electrical activity they have discovered consciousness.

Consciousness has been termed that thing that makes squiggly lines on an EEG, being awake, others make claims regarding quantum level activity in the substructures of the brain, which of course can neither be affirmed.

Let me completely reword this. Let’s pretend I am a neurobiologist and I do not know ding-dong about quantum anything. I spend my days sticking needles in monkey brains measuring electrochemical processes in an effort to comprehend consciousness, for whatever reason, I think this path will work. What I don’t know, because I don’t know anything about Quantum Mechanics is that all electromagnetic, and I mean that to include all electrochemical processes, are defined as an exchange of virtual photons. These virtual photons arise out of the Quantum Electrodynamic Vacuum (pure absolute nothingness) whose energy is ‘borrowed’ via the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, exchange information between two points in space-time and then annihilate spontaneously back into the QED Vacuum again. These Virtual Photons exist in a timeless domain, outside of space-time, they do not experience space or time. In a sense we can say that they exist in an infinitely time dilated state. These are your thoughts, even on a rudimentary electrochemical level. It is more correct to think of the direction of time as being the wrong question to ask. It (the Virtual Photon) is carrying information to a conscious observer. If the conscious observer were in a finite time domain that were, in fact, going asymmetrically forward, then it would have to be the conscious observer who is causing this asymmetric time to exist, and making it go forward, because the photon cannot, prior to reaching the conscious observer, on its own. That is, the photon cannot unwrap itself into asymmetric time. There is a type of handshake in time put forth by Feynman-Wheeler. This temporal handshake comes to life in this description of the exchange of Virtual Photons as the electrochemical processes that make up the activity in your physical brain. In which case, the 'time exists and it is going forward' is not actually a property or artifact of this universe, but of consciousness selection, just as in the outcome of any process of Quantum Decoherence. If the conscious observer and not an artifact of this universe cause the existence and selection of the direction of time, then consciousness cannot exist in or be an artifact of this universe, because it is bringing about a process that does not and cannot occur in this universe. That is, our Feynman-Wheeler temporal handshake is temporally symmetric. The asymmetry we observe has never been described in any model of Quantum Mechanics, ever. All models agree that the observed asymmetry is a selective process, not an actual property of this universe. The exchange of Virtual Photons that make up the electrochemical processes of the physical brain are temporally symmetric, and yet we select temporal asymmetry to the extent that we completely ignore the temporal symmetry of the universe as it actually is.

The physical brain has no possible means to unwrap the timeless, infinitely time dilated information in the virtual photons that make up its own electromagnetic processes. It is also not capable of transforming forward asymmetric temporal (time) information about its environment into infinitely time dilated zero symmetry information and/or back again. The physical brain, then, cannot be the ultimate recipient or initiator of information, but can only serve as some conduit through which information can flow in either direction. That is, assuming the physical brain plays any role at all in this process.

Something must mediate the transfer of virtual photons because all electrochemical processes are the transfer of virtual photons, be it in the brain or otherwise. Virtual photons do not experience the passage of time but exist in an infinitely time dilated state. They best resemble Feynman’s Temporal Handshake model, going both forward and backward in time simultaneously

You now have to derive a mechanism where the physical brain mediates and controls virtual photons existing in a timeless domain, which in turn are the source of the function of the physical brain.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 02:07 PM
RE: Silly Biologists
[Image: Spam_can.png]

Soon you will be gone from this forum and go back to the absolute nothingness of quantum woo and virtual photons.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
05-07-2017, 02:17 PM
Shoo Fly! Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
05-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Who IS this person? Facepalm

nevermind, he flatlined already.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
05-07-2017, 02:50 PM
(05-07-2017 02:49 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Who IS this person? Facepalm

nevermind, he flatlined already.

He's gone now...

Never mind, I just put my glasses on and read the rest of your post.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
05-07-2017, 02:57 PM
(05-07-2017 01:33 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  Biologists think by sticking an EEG on someones's head and seeing electrical activity they have discovered consciousness.

Consciousness has been termed that thing that makes squiggly lines on an EEG, being awake, others make claims regarding quantum level activity in the substructures of the brain, which of course can neither be affirmed.

Let me completely reword this. Let’s pretend I am a neurobiologist and I do not know ding-dong about quantum anything. I spend my days sticking needles in monkey brains measuring electrochemical processes in an effort to comprehend consciousness, for whatever reason, I think this path will work. What I don’t know, because I don’t know anything about Quantum Mechanics is that all electromagnetic, and I mean that to include all electrochemical processes, are defined as an exchange of virtual photons. These virtual photons arise out of the Quantum Electrodynamic Vacuum (pure absolute nothingness) whose energy is ‘borrowed’ via the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle, exchange information between two points in space-time and then annihilate spontaneously back into the QED Vacuum again. These Virtual Photons exist in a timeless domain, outside of space-time, they do not experience space or time. In a sense we can say that they exist in an infinitely time dilated state. These are your thoughts, even on a rudimentary electrochemical level. It is more correct to think of the direction of time as being the wrong question to ask. It (the Virtual Photon) is carrying information to a conscious observer. If the conscious observer were in a finite time domain that were, in fact, going asymmetrically forward, then it would have to be the conscious observer who is causing this asymmetric time to exist, and making it go forward, because the photon cannot, prior to reaching the conscious observer, on its own. That is, the photon cannot unwrap itself into asymmetric time. There is a type of handshake in time put forth by Feynman-Wheeler. This temporal handshake comes to life in this description of the exchange of Virtual Photons as the electrochemical processes that make up the activity in your physical brain. In which case, the 'time exists and it is going forward' is not actually a property or artifact of this universe, but of consciousness selection, just as in the outcome of any process of Quantum Decoherence. If the conscious observer and not an artifact of this universe cause the existence and selection of the direction of time, then consciousness cannot exist in or be an artifact of this universe, because it is bringing about a process that does not and cannot occur in this universe. That is, our Feynman-Wheeler temporal handshake is temporally symmetric. The asymmetry we observe has never been described in any model of Quantum Mechanics, ever. All models agree that the observed asymmetry is a selective process, not an actual property of this universe. The exchange of Virtual Photons that make up the electrochemical processes of the physical brain are temporally symmetric, and yet we select temporal asymmetry to the extent that we completely ignore the temporal symmetry of the universe as it actually is.

The physical brain has no possible means to unwrap the timeless, infinitely time dilated information in the virtual photons that make up its own electromagnetic processes. It is also not capable of transforming forward asymmetric temporal (time) information about its environment into infinitely time dilated zero symmetry information and/or back again. The physical brain, then, cannot be the ultimate recipient or initiator of information, but can only serve as some conduit through which information can flow in either direction. That is, assuming the physical brain plays any role at all in this process.

Something must mediate the transfer of virtual photons because all electrochemical processes are the transfer of virtual photons, be it in the brain or otherwise. Virtual photons do not experience the passage of time but exist in an infinitely time dilated state. They best resemble Feynman’s Temporal Handshake model, going both forward and backward in time simultaneously

You now have to derive a mechanism where the physical brain mediates and controls virtual photons existing in a timeless domain, which in turn are the source of the function of the physical brain.

Keyword review:

Quantum, nothingness, consciousness, virtual, timeless.

[Image: heres-why-there-are-so-few-trash-cans-in-london.jpg]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
05-07-2017, 03:04 PM
[Image: XfihNbZ.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-07-2017, 04:41 PM
(05-07-2017 01:33 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  The physical brain, then, cannot be the ultimate recipient or initiator of information, but can only serve as some conduit through which information can flow in either direction. That is, assuming the physical brain plays any role at all in this process.

I wonder when/if the Evangelicals will get the joke about arguing that their brain does nothing.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
07-07-2017, 01:23 AM
(06-07-2017 04:41 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:33 PM)mmhm1234 Wrote:  The physical brain, then, cannot be the ultimate recipient or initiator of information, but can only serve as some conduit through which information can flow in either direction. That is, assuming the physical brain plays any role at all in this process.

I wonder when/if the Evangelicals will get the joke about arguing that their brain does nothing.

Oh well, i assume the OP would agree then to remove his entire brain to prove his point that his consciousness would be unchanged......no wait, that may work in his case.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse