Silly Idea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Silly Idea
I have this silly idea of starting an atheist Bible study group (I can't help but laugh at the way that sounds out loud!). The purpose of the group would be to discover the origins of Judaism and Christianity, discuss the archaeology of the Middle East, how the Holy Bible was written, who wrote it, and how it has influenced the world. Perhaps someone has formed a group like this this before. I'm betting that someone has also written an atheist's guide to the Holy Bible, although I haven't seen one yet. If anyone has, please let me know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2013, 09:31 PM
RE: Silly Idea
(15-05-2013 09:27 PM)CaliforniaSurf Wrote:  I have this silly idea of starting an atheist Bible study group (I can't help but laugh at the way that sounds out loud!). The purpose of the group would be to discover the origins of Judaism and Christianity, discuss the archaeology of the Middle East, how the Holy Bible was written, who wrote it, and how it has influenced the world. Perhaps someone has formed a group like this this before. I'm betting that someone has also written an atheist's guide to the Holy Bible, although I haven't seen one yet. If anyone has, please let me know.

There are a few authors on this forum. Could be a fun idea maybe make a post in the Atheism/theism board.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
15-05-2013, 09:33 PM
(15-05-2013 09:27 PM)CaliforniaSurf Wrote:  I have this silly idea of starting an atheist Bible study group (I can't help but laugh at the way that sounds out loud!). The purpose of the group would be to discover the origins of Judaism and Christianity, discuss the archaeology of the Middle East, how the Holy Bible was written, who wrote it, and how it has influenced the world. Perhaps someone has formed a group like this this before. I'm betting that someone has also written an atheist's guide to the Holy Bible, although I haven't seen one yet. If anyone has, please let me know.

An Atheist Critique of the Bible, the OT by Brian Shuty aka Buddy Christ on this forum.
Dissecting the Bible by "Doc" Skeptic aka "Doc" Skeptic on this forum.

Both are illuminating Thumbsup

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Thank you!

An Atheist Critique of the Bible, the OT by Brian Shuty aka Buddy Christ on this forum.
Dissecting the Bible by "Doc" Skeptic aka "Doc" Skeptic on this forum.

Both are illuminating Thumbsup
[/quote]