Silly book titles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2015, 10:19 AM
Silly book titles
Someone told my wife of this book for christians. I am not familiar with it but when she told me the title but I actually laughed out loud when she did. The title was Switch on your brain. OK, so obviously, this little gem of irony is lost on the readers who buy it for we all have been told that we "think too much."

So this got me thinking about what other unintentionally funny book titles are out there. Anyone else seen any they would like to share?

Some of the unintentionally funny review comments (frankly, there are way too many to post):
Quote: We can not control outside circumstances, but we can control our reaction to it. Toxic thoughts like: doubt, unbelief, fear, anger- changes our brain and it causes us to become something that will require an act of God for healing.
Facepalm

Quote: I began reading the book and got excited! What she shares in the beginning is wonderful information and shows how science is verifying the wisdom and truth of Scripture.
Laughat

Quote:I've read books by secular scientist and now Caroline Leaf book from the believer's perspective; she is able to connect the brain ability to function with the Word of God.
Dodgy

Quote: I recommend that you read the book first, and then get the app and go through the process with her. I got the app first and then the book mid-way through the process. It would have been better to read it first. Don't get bogged down in the science if that's not your thing. Thankfully, there is only enough science presented to clarify what is going on in your brain and body when you take control of your thoughts. Amazing stuff and presented beautifully with scripture as its foundation.
Shocking

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 07:51 PM
RE: Silly book titles
So, we do all of the work to change our thinking and some misinterpretation of neuroscience means that god gets all of the credit?

Neuroscience was one of the primary things that finally convinced me to stop trying to believe in this god nonsense.

Invisible, undetectable results don’t count
05-06-2015, 09:58 PM
(05-06-2015 07:51 PM)quoin Wrote:  So, we do all of the work to change our thinking and some misinterpretation of neuroscience means that god gets all of the credit?

Neuroscience was one of the primary things that finally convinced me to stop trying to believe in this god nonsense.

The funny part is that the author claims to be a neuroscientist. She is actually a communications pathologist. I know that the term "neuroscientist" is a tad nebulous but to label yourself as that with her background is a little disingenuous IMO.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
06-06-2015, 01:25 AM
Hawaiian Promiscuity by Kamana Wanaleia.

The Russian Lorena Bobbitt by Ivana Bychakokov.

Surviving a Lion Attack, by Claude Saks.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Rudiments and Rules of Divine Science, Mary Baker Eddy

Intelligent Design: The Bridge Between Science & Theology, William Dembski

The College Student's Back to School Guide to Intelligent Design, Discovery Institute

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
07-06-2015, 02:24 PM
So You Want to be a Ubangi? by Lotta Lipps

Under the Bleachers by Seymour Butts

The Yellow River by I. P. Daily

OK, so I was a kid a loooooooooong time ago....

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 3 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
07-06-2015, 05:28 PM
do androids dream of electric sheep

Wide of the Mark agrees that animals change over time but thinks evolution is false. Facepalm
[+] 2 users Like joben1's post
08-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Re: Silly book titles
A children's book titled, "Do You Want to Play With my Balls?"
[+] 1 user Likes mecanna's post