Silver Lining - God Bless America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 10:27 AM
I've put this in the Atheism and Theism section in the hope that we can have a chat about the future of/for religion in the US for the next 4 years.

They / you have a creationist VP but...

An atheist POTUS

Evidence:
No god-fearing politician (or even a politically savvy one) would forget the obligatory "God Bless America" at the end of their acceptance speech.

I put it to you, ladles and gentlespoons, that Donny J Trump is neither god-fearing nor politically savvy.

Go to 15:40

He ended with "I love this country".

(Perhaps it was one syllable too long and he was referring to Mr. Pence?)

I'm looking forward to what will be in his inauguration speech.

No doubt the speech writer will add in those three words but the dozy fucker goes off script so much I wouldn't be surprised if he forgets.

So, the wider question ... he is obviously a non-believer (faking it to get the evangelical vote) ... in which case, how will that work out with a VP who is going to push prayer and creationism in schools and whatnot?

Will Trump continue to play along, or will his self-importance and bluntness get the better of him?

Consider

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-11-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Silver Lining - God Bless America
He doesn't care about religion, he cares about Trump.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 10 users Like Dom's post
09-11-2016, 10:39 AM
That same party flipped out when Obama took his private oath without a bible, he ended up re doing it because of superstitious morons who don't understand the Constitution does not require that.

I could give a shit less if Trump were an atheist, he is as bad to me as Che. I'd rather have Hillary or Bernie or Obama swearing on a bible because they wouldn't fuck over America like the GOP has for 36 years.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
09-11-2016, 10:39 AM
(09-11-2016 10:30 AM)Dom Wrote:  He doesn't care about religion, he cares about Trump.

That does seem to be his #1 priority.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
09-11-2016, 10:41 AM
He follows the religion of Trump. He is his own god. Fucking bigoted fuck

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 10:49 AM
And the question? Anyone?

Consider

Too soon?

Can I just say ... to the Hillary or bust people ...

:runs and hides:

Unsure

09-11-2016, 10:51 AM
(09-11-2016 10:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  So, the wider question ... he is obviously a non-believer (faking it to get the evangelical vote) ... in which case, how will that work out with a VP who is going to push prayer and creationism in schools and whatnot?

Will Trump continue to play along, or will his self-importance and bluntness get the better of him?

Consider

Reagan did this song and dance, he used the code words of the religious right, but he never pushed an overtly religious agenda.

The religious right is not as powerful as it was in the 80's and Trump has a case of Idontgiveafuckitis for religion.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
09-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Well, so he won't pray for the souls of those he nukes.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Bernie when asked a out faith or god always spun the question to him saying he has great hope and belief in humanity... never really touched on a direct type of answer.

Trumps spins were always I love the bible or Its his favorite book he sleeps beside nightly.

But it's like being accepting Stalin was atheist, but basically wanted the devotion to exist to his state and power instead

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
09-11-2016, 11:32 AM
If Trump is anything he's a Pagan. He may believe in a god. But it's his own.

And that for most of the religious community is fine with them. Their to gullible to know other wise.

However if it turn out he was an Atheist (highly doubtful) and it came out that he was one. It could be very detrimental to any people that would want to try so in the futher that we're open atheists. Not only would the counter position wave their fingers and say "SEE! SEE! EVIL! Atheist = evil." His side would blow their fucking brains out. All that they held so close to their hearts about him would be counter acted with we never agreed with him.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post