Silver Lining - God Bless America

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-11-2016, 11:54 AM
RE: Silver Lining - God Bless America
(09-11-2016 11:32 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  ...
His side would blow their fucking brains out.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Angel

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
09-11-2016, 11:54 AM
He's Presbyterian, last I heard....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-11-2016, 11:55 AM
(09-11-2016 10:27 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Evidence:
No god-fearing politician (or even a politically savvy one) would forget the obligatory "God Bless America" at the end of their acceptance speech.
He'snot going to share the lime light with god.

"You'll be so proud of your president"
"I love this country"

It's all about him, and his assertions. He doesn't sound democratic, he sounds very much like a self important dictator. Soon you guys will be getting large posters of Trump and perhaps some statues of him, he might even write a little blue book for you guys to carry around with you and to quote from.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
09-11-2016, 01:01 PM
The only thing I can comfort myself with at this point is thinking that Trump was just pretending to be a wildly bigoted sexist xenophobe to win the election but actually holds liberal views which he did for a long time. I hope he goes back to being pro choice at the very least but as others have said he's too much of a narcissist to believe in any gods, he believes he is a God and I'm not joking, he probably thinks he's more powerful and just "better" than other lowly humans who he was sent to lead or else be punished by the wrath of his almighty lawsuits.

He may be the most secular president we've had since...well since Obama really, he never seemed all that religious to me but it won't matter once he starts launching nukes in the general direction of the Middle East, just that vaguely Muslim area? You know that one where the ISIS maybe is or maybe not? Yeah just blow it up. Ugh when will we wake up from this nightmare?

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
09-11-2016, 01:03 PM
Welcome to Dubya II, folks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
09-11-2016, 01:05 PM
(09-11-2016 01:01 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  The only thing I can comfort myself with at this point is thinking that Trump was just pretending to be a wildly bigoted sexist xenophobe to win the election but actually holds liberal views which he did for a long time. I hope he goes back to being pro choice at the very least but as others have said he's too much of a narcissist to believe in any gods, he believes he is a God and I'm not joking, he probably thinks he's more powerful and just "better" than other lowly humans who he was sent to lead or else be punished by the wrath of his almighty lawsuits.

He may be the most secular president we've had since...well since Obama really, he never seemed all that religious to me but it won't matter once he starts launching nukes in the general direction of the Middle East, just that vaguely Muslim area? You know that one where the ISIS maybe is or maybe not? Yeah just blow it up. Ugh when will we wake up from this nightmare?

Not trying to rain on your parade, but even if he is more liberal leaning than he made apparent during his run, he will still end up appointing my conservative leaning justices. So him being pro-choice (assuming that is true for the moment) would end up being irrelevant if the Supreme Court ends up right-leaning. And he will certainly appoint pro-business justices, so don't count on overturning the Citizen's United decision.

This will have a longterm negative effect for progressive issues even if Trump was more liberal than the people he conned into voting for him thought

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
09-11-2016, 01:06 PM
(09-11-2016 01:03 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Welcome to Dubya II, folks.

If he is only as bad as W., we will be lucky

-Rick
[+] 8 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 01:14 PM
(09-11-2016 01:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 01:01 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  The only thing I can comfort myself with at this point is thinking that Trump was just pretending to be a wildly bigoted sexist xenophobe to win the election but actually holds liberal views which he did for a long time. I hope he goes back to being pro choice at the very least but as others have said he's too much of a narcissist to believe in any gods, he believes he is a God and I'm not joking, he probably thinks he's more powerful and just "better" than other lowly humans who he was sent to lead or else be punished by the wrath of his almighty lawsuits.

Not trying to rain on your parade, but even if he is more liberal leaning than he made apparent during his run, he will still end up appointing my conservative leaning justices. So him being pro-choice (assuming that is true for the moment) would end up being irrelevant if the Supreme Court ends up right-leaning. And he will certainly appoint pro-business justices, so don't count on overturning the Citizen's United decision.

This will have a longterm negative effect for progressive issues even if Trump was more liberal than the people he conned into voting for him thought

Don't worry about raining on my parade, it's been pouring down a thunderstorm for the last 12 hours and everyone fucking drowned. I just hope he is liberal enough not to appoint too many conservatives, I mean hard core conservatives but he probably will since he likes having his ass kissed and they're the only ones willing to do that, ugh, this is just a terrible day for our country, really really terrible.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
09-11-2016, 01:17 PM
(09-11-2016 01:14 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(09-11-2016 01:05 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Not trying to rain on your parade, but even if he is more liberal leaning than he made apparent during his run, he will still end up appointing my conservative leaning justices. So him being pro-choice (assuming that is true for the moment) would end up being irrelevant if the Supreme Court ends up right-leaning. And he will certainly appoint pro-business justices, so don't count on overturning the Citizen's United decision.

Don't worry about raining on my parade, it's been pouring down a thunderstorm for the last 12 hours and everyone fucking drowned. I just hope he is liberal enough not to appoint too many conservatives, I mean hard core conservatives but he probably will since he likes having his ass kissed and they're the only ones willing to do that, ugh, this is just a terrible day for our country, really really terrible.

A terrible day and a terrible omen for the next two to three decades because of Supreme Court appointments Gasp

-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
09-11-2016, 02:04 PM
Since Trump thinks he is the best at just about everything, clearly God doesn't measure up. Republicans will have their work cut out for them getting Trump to take any actions favoring religious interests. However, the Supreme Court may be another matter once Trump gets through with his appointments. Until then, mandatory prayers to Trump in schools could become a thing. Dodgy

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post